Club Testing / Fitting

blazinden

Purgatory / Fire in the Hole / 2021 GD Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@Sarzar and I have been going to Golf Galaxy/PGA Superstore to try the new line of clubs this year. I will post the data from the fitting in this thread.

Looking forward to it.

@Sarzar and I have been going to Golf Galaxy/PGA Superstore to try the new line of clubs this year. I will post the data from the fitting in this thread.
Nice dude. Can't wait to hear about it

Callaway is up first.

7i Shoot out
Apex Pro 21 (gamer) vs Apex Pro 24 vs Ai Smoke

I warmed up with wedges or you can take it as... I hit my 7i anywhere from 30-160 yards. *I take that back, I can definitely chunk a 7i.
7i dispersion table.PNG

Callaway is up first.

7i Shoot out
Apex Pro 21 (gamer) vs Apex Pro 24 vs Ai Smoke

I warmed up with wedges or you can take it as... I hit my 7i anywhere from 30-160 yards. *I take that back, I can definitely chunk a 7i.
View attachment 9247463
Those Pros are so consistent...

I have not touched my bag since getting fit at the Grandaddy 2021. I have played some great, good and bad golf with that bag but mostly good (*for me) golf. I don't need to change my bag but if something else gets me better results, then lets swap it out.

I usually use the 7i as my 155ish club.

apex pro 21 mmt95s.PNG

apex pro 24 mmt95.PNG

7i ai smoke recoil 95s.PNG

7i tragectory.PNG

After following last years Grandaddy and hearing about the new irons, Ai Smoke, I was excited to test them out. I also wanted to hit the Recoil shafts vs my MMTs. * I really like the MMT shafts.

Ai Smoke heads (wanted them to work out), I just could not get the to work. Also the Recoil shafts are not for me. The Recoils feel more stout, have a little more kick and dispersion seems to get a little loose.

Apex Pro 24 felt fantastic. I like looking down at them and it was a seamless switch over form the 21 pros. I felt like I hit one off the toe and it went right out there with the others. Dispersion was pretty tight and I could easily upgrade to these without thinking about it.

Recoil 95 vs MMT 95. I know others on here have gone from MMT to Recoil and loved them which is a reason I wanted to try them out. I tried them, I even tried to force the club to go a certain way but I don't know, they just were not working. I feel like the MMT are slightly easier feeling and work a lot better for me. ymmv

Last edited:
Nice data sets, looking forward to this.

Driver Time...

driver dispersion table.PNG

mad d 9 -1 ventus red 5s.PNG

ai smoke max ventes red tr.PNG

ai smpke max denali 60 6.PNG

ai smoke td denalai 60 6.PNG

ai smoke td shaft idk.PNG

I went in fully expecting to see the Ai Max head win out. I came out with the Ai TD being able to get the spin down a little bit more to edge out the Ai Max. The Ai TD was able to get my ball speed up and the good hits were great, but the misses, awful. I still think the Ai Max / Max D or my current Rogue Max D head is what should stay in the bag.

I did like the Denali shaft and I could easily put that in play against the Ventus Red.
The TR Red, I could not tell much of a difference vs the Ventus Red, but that could just be me.

View attachment 9247488

View attachment 9247489

View attachment 9247490

View attachment 9247491

View attachment 9247492

I went in fully expecting to see the Ai Max head win out. I came out with the Ai TD being able to get the spin down a little bit more to edge out the Ai Max. The Ai TD was able to get my ball speed up and the good hits were great, but the misses, awful. I still think the Ai Max / Max D or my current Rogue Max D head is what should stay in the bag.

I did like the Denali shaft and I could easily put that in play against the Ventus Red.
The TR Red, I could not tell much of a difference vs the Ventus Red, but that could just be me.
Good stuff! Denali Black?

I’m a slower swinger and the TD was putting up faster ball speeds for me by 4+ mph and about 8 yards more carry.
I thought it sounded better, too.

That is huge gain (40 yds) going from current gamer to the Ai Smoke TD with Denali black. Any reason you are thinking of staying with your current set-up? I see one bad miss with the TD but if you eliminate the worst from each, it stacks up pretty dominant.

Wow, love to see the numbers. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Enjoyed this. You buying those Apex 24's or what?

Titleist is up next.

I would have been interested to see the irons with the same shafts in them.

Titleist...

7i Shoot out
T150 vs T100
*I did not hit the t200

7i iron dispersion.PNG

Tried a few different shafts. No MMTs except for the gamer.
The modus 105s felt a little soft compared to the rest. Might have needed to step it up a flex.
I liked the tensei blue.

Man I love this thread so far.

modus 105s.PNG
7i 3.PNG
The modus felt a little whippy but or I'm getting stronger. * my new route to work passes by a gym, I don't go inside though.

amt red.PNG
7i red.PNG
AMT Reee.... (not blue color).
I didn't hate it and I could game it.

tensei blue.PNG
7i blue.PNG
Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner. Tensei Blue FTW.
Slap these in a T150 and off I go.

The T100s felt good but man the mishits. Ouch
The T150 felt good and I could go out and play them now.

*However, the Apex Pros still in the lead, for me.

Last edited:
We also threw in a TP5X and ProV1X just to help get spin up on the irons. It helped gain a few hundred so I could game the Xs but my driver wouldn't like them I bet.

Back