Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

I kind of went after yesterday and am supposed to be resting today.

I can hear their whispers though. Might need to just hit a couple.

I have the 3W absolutely working today. At first, I was concerned that I would have the success with the Aerojet that I had with the LTDx. Those doubts are gone. I absolutely smoked this club twice in par 5s.

I am going to start using it more off the tee, especially when the shot calls for a cut or fade.

Also, I MUCH prefer the sound of the Aerojet over the sound of the LTDx. The latter was more of a crack, when the Aerojet sounds more complete.

Im soooooo freaking excited to get this one out on the course.

5w was mostly good again today. Had one get away but the whole round was bad swing after bad swing and the 5w was about the only club I hit well. Hit some really good tee shots with it on the back 9

The Aerojet 3W with the UST Mamiya LINQ Blue M40X should be banned in 42 states, with 8 requiring a license to possess it. It’s an unbelievable combo.

I'm not a hybrid guy typically I keep trying them and trying them and they usually find their way out of the bag. This years King Tec though is starting to put up a fight. I love the matte black finish on top and the shape is pretty easy on the eyes. I'm finding some success with it off the tee at times when its needed. So much so that the utility isn't being called upon as much, in fact the utility is pretty much become a 4i replacement at the moment.

Spent some time trying to get on better terms with the 3w today. Think we've agreed that my ball placement has been a little too far forward in my stance, and as usual, I need to not try to kill it. Hitting it much better with just a little adjustment to how I set up with it. Hopeful this has been the problem all along. Need to get on course again.

3/3 on fairways hit with the Aerojet 3 wood today. This thing is HOT and the more I use it the more I really like it. I rarely use it off the turf but off the tee it is a serious weapon.

20230710_092854.jpg

Kind of forgot how small the LS 5W is. Spicy lil devil.

The Aerojet hybrids are very good. I'm playing a 5H. I have been hitting some very good shots with it off the tee, off the fairway, out of the rough or when I need to hit a recovery shot. I play it as I would play a 5i but the hybrid is much easier to launch and more versatile for me.

I am still having some trouble with my 4H. I just can't seem to find the middle of the ball consistently, and when I do its a bit of a fade. I have a new shaft in route from @Parrot. Hopefully that gets me sorted out and a bit more confident with this club.

I know others are loving this club, and I want to be a part of that. I just have never had great success with hybrids, and my saga has continued.

I really thought the transition from LTDx to AeroJet would be the hardest for me in this club. So far, it has been anything but. It is so good and launches so easy.

Off the tee, I've been so confident and had such good results with my driver that I haven't hit that many tee shots with the fairways (5 and 7) or my 5H. When I have hit the 5W or 7W off the tee, I get good distance (235ish with the 5W and 220ish with the 7) and hit the fairway a little more than half the time. Both look great behind the ball, feel solid at impact and the sound is great. Forgiveness is excellent on mishits. Loss of yardage is pretty minimal. 5H is a work in progress. I hit the hell out of it with a nice high ball flight but leave it right. I'm not squaring it up. I need to do a lot of work here.

Off the deck, when I put a good swing on all 3, I couldn't ask for more whether fairway or light rough. 5 and 7Ws, and 5H, are most often used as 2nd shots to try and reach the green or push the ball up as far as possible. These are easier to launch on good strikes than the LTDx fairways or the SpeedZone hybrid I had been playing. When I'm able to square up the club face of the 3, the ball just goes. And, as with every product I've hit in the Aerojet line, forgiveness is fantastic.

My swing has kind of been a mess the last couple of rounds so I'm not doing these justice.

Trying to work out some on course kinks with the 3 and 5 Max woods. If/when I get a couple more consistent rounds with the driver, my plan is to leave it in the car for a round or two to really put the woods to work.

At the range it's some sweet bullets with a great high launch. On the course, I'm not sure if I'm swinging too aggressively or lifting my head, setting up poorly, etc, but I had maybe just 1 or 2 out of 4 or 5 shots with proper contact. So it's definitely not on the clubs themselves because when I do hit them properly they are just schmacked.

I am adjusting to the more upright lie angle also, as I occasionally set up with the toe really off the ground and need to consciously step back and reset. It's a learning curve for me, but for others who have a stronger fade would really benefit from the max fairways, and with that small weight in the heel it's some extra help in getting that clubhead around.

I still got a lot of work to put in with the clubs to be ready to take on that loooooong Dormie course in October

The LS 5w is such a good club for me still. I did some data mining and saw this in my shotscope. Off the tee birdies and pars. :unsure:

1689089701939.png

Got the 5 wood out to the range today. Really comfortable club to swing, has a lot of consistency (something I do love in a long club) and gets right out to that 215-220 yardage I'm gunning for, and I feel like I can step on it without feeling like it's going to go too far left. Also, it sounds really nice.

Only had one opportunity to use the standard AJ 5w yesterday and it was a stinker. Less than driver hole that had water left, right and front. You can drop it anywhere less than 250ish. 5w left and wet. For the life of me I cannot figure out which direction this will go. I really want to like it and I have range sessions where it seems ok. Looks good at address, sound is perfectly fine and I get really good distance with it. I have poked a couple off the tee close to 240 which is more than I need with it. Very gun shy in using this on the course because of the unpredictability.

Back