Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Hit the 3W once yesterday. Love the launch, but I still might turn it up a degree.

I spent some time with my Aerojet 3W yesterday during my lesson on the trackman to get it dialed in. I was playing it +1 degree with the draw setting. My launch was a little higher with the Aeroojet than it was with the same setting on the LTDx. I think part of that is a swing change and part of that is the club difference. So after some tinkering, I found that the standard loft and no draw worked best for me. After a few swings, I was seeing consistent carry distance of 240, with a couple really well hit balls going a bit farther.

The Aerojet line is just unbelievable launching the ball, and the distance I am seeing is unreal.

I have another conundrum now. My 5w LS is a rocket. Love it. I don't take my 3w out very often now. The top end of my bag always gives me fits. I have the 5w set to +1.5 and I think I am going to go out for me next round at -1.5 and see what it gets me. Then I am in the same space of needing a club from 3/5w to 4i gap.

I reached 2 par 5's in 2 yesterday with driver 5w so that is nice. Was able to flight the ball high and low for different shots. It is point and shoot right now with the 5w LS.

I have another conundrum now. My 5w LS is a rocket. Love it. I don't take my 3w out very often now. The top end of my bag always gives me fits. I have the 5w set to +1.5 and I think I am going to go out for me next round at -1.5 and see what it gets me. Then I am in the same space of needing a club from 3/5w to 4i gap.

I reached 2 par 5's in 2 yesterday with driver 5w so that is nice. Was able to flight the ball high and low for different shots. It is point and shoot right now with the 5w LS.
what about a 4 Hybrid?

what about a 4 Hybrid?
I was hoping the 5w would be my gap but it is too close to the 3w. Now I have to buy another club, woe is me. :ROFLMAO:

5w continues to impress. I just feel like it’s going to be a good shot every time I’m standing over the ball with this club and most are. It launches super easy which I love. I don’t feel like I have to swing for the fences to get distance either. The ball just jumps off the face

Had the chance to hit the 7W into one of the 2 par 5s I played today. After barely getting my second out of a fairway bunker, I had 215 to the flag with a touch of breeze hurting. The ball started on my line with a decently high flight and a little fall off draw at the end. I was just past pin high off the green left. It was still puttable and I saved my par. The 7W really shines when I put a good swing on it.

I’m really enjoying hitting the Max Fairways and the Aerojet 5 hybrid. I have so much confidence in the hybrid. The fairways remain a work in progress but when I make a good swing, the results are good. I’m getting good launch and distance. I’m playing the 3w at 16.5. That has been such a wise choice.

After seeing how close to my 3 wood I hit the 3H I've been hitting the hybrid more when I typically would have pulled 3w and it's been working out pretty good for me. I'm still trying to work with the 3 wood to figure things out, I just have no confidence with it right now. Working on things today, I had some success with the 3w just trying to slow things down and watch my tempo (something I really have to be careful about with all my clubs). I'm sure I'll get it figured out, and will continue to work on it, but I am super happy in how the hybrids have been performing in the meantime.

I am going to be honest. I expected something completely different from the 5w LS but I am not upset with the club not being what I expected. I have played around with the loft a little and I am thinking this club will kick the 3w out of the bag. I wanted this club to kick the hybrid out of the bag but it is a power house. It is also easier for me to hit than the 3w is so I am pivoting with this club. I now have to figure out another gap. 🤷‍♂️

I am going to be honest. I expected something completely different from the 5w LS but I am not upset with the club not being what I expected. I have played around with the loft a little and I am thinking this club will kick the 3w out of the bag. I wanted this club to kick the hybrid out of the bag but it is a power house. It is also easier for me to hit than the 3w is so I am pivoting with this club. I now have to figure out another gap. 🤷‍♂️
Playing it at standard loft? Or turned down?

Playing it at standard loft? Or turned down?
I am playing it +1.5 right now and it is good enough for 3w. I have played it std and it was close to the 3w. I have dropped it down to -1.0d and it helps with the fade bias but I need to work on that a little more. if I play the fade it slices off the planet.

I am playing it +1.5 right now and it is good enough for 3w. I have played it std and it was close to the 3w. I have dropped it down to -1.0d and it helps with the fade bias but I need to work on that a little more. if I play the fade it slices off the planet.
I've got the standard turned down 1.5. It helps with my left tendency and - on good swings - isn't much shorter than 3W.

I've got the standard turned down 1.5. It helps with my left tendency and - on good swings - isn't much shorter than 3W.
Are you in LS as well? I moved the weights to be more fade bias out of boredom and well I was quick to put it back to normal. :ROFLMAO:

Are you in LS as well? I moved the weights to be more fade bias out of boredom and well I was quick to put it back to normal. :ROFLMAO:
No, I have the standard model.

Screenshot_20230805_200726_Shot Scope.jpg
Loving the AJ Max 3W. I'm not a long hitter, but this club just flies. I'd expect this distance from my old driver. Might try this out from the tee to see if it's a good option when my driver isn't going.

What my 5w LS has that my Radspeed 3w does not have is the ability to be hit out of the rough. I have hit the 5w LS out of some squirrely lies and it is a monster.

What my 5w LS has that my Radspeed 3w does not have is the ability to be hit out of the rough. I have hit the 5w LS out of some squirrely lies and it is a monster.
I was coming here to post about how well the 5w LS did for me in the rough last week. The wheels were falling off the round because of the rough. With all of the rain it was really thick.
This club made it through and honestly saved my round. You have no idea how good it is for me to hear that it’s good out in the western rough as well.

Going to try to spend some more time with the AJ Max 3 wood and the 3 hybrid during the next range session. Hit them a few times the other day and the 3 hybrid launched some absolute missiles. Same goes for the 3 wood. I've just got to figure out what I'm doing right on those swings and what I'm doing wrong the rest of the time. The 3 wood could be a monster off the tee if I could groove a swing with it. It's been a few weeks since my last lesson and I think the next one I might see if we can work on those two exclusively and try to get it figured out.

Did an experiment on an pretty empty course today. I cranked my 5w down 1.5* so it was 16 and compared it to my 3w at 14.5 std. The 2nd hole is a par 5 and I I was 250ish out to a middle pin. I hit the same type of ball from the same spot with each club and they both ended up in the same greenside bunker. :ROFLMAO: If they would of hit the green the 3w would of been off the back and the 5w would roll out to middle of the green. The next hole is a drivable par 4 and I took my driver, 3w, and 5w to see what I had. The driver was just off the green. The 5w went further than the 3w because the 3w was the only one that faded on me. It wasn't a lot farther but a much better position because it was shaped how I imagined it would be. The 5w is easier for me to hit so I think I have to move to a Driver, 5w, TBD, 4i setup.

Spent some time working with the 3W today. I love the feel of it when i hit it well, that has just been few and far between times so far. I am determined to figure things out.

Today i was working on something i have struggled with my swing for a long time and i was making great contact over and over. Really felt good, ball was coming off the face fast and straight.

Not getting hopes too high just yet, but i had the same results with the 4H, and 5 iron. Even went back to 3w after hitting both and continued to have really good shots. Promising at least.

Spent some time working with the 3W today. I love the feel of it when i hit it well, that has just been few and far between times so far. I am determined to figure things out.

Today i was working on something i have struggled with my swing for a long time and i was making great contact over and over. Really felt good, ball was coming off the face fast and straight.

Not getting hopes too high just yet, but i had the same results with the 4H, and 5 iron. Even went back to 3w after hitting both and continued to have really good shots. Promising at least.

I am really liking the results I’ve been seeing with the fairway woods when I put a decent swing on the ball. Good distance and a nice trajectory.

The 3h is becoming a weapon for me, I no longer miss my 5w at all. Still battling the 3w a bit here and there but liking what I'm seeing from these clubs. Had a really good tee shot with both these clubs today. The 3w LS feels great at impact and has a nice solid sound.

Just getting ready to pull the trigger on the AJ 3w (13.5 tee club only) and 5w (17 degree) standard with Ventus Red.
Anyone know how they compare in the forgiveness department to the G425 Max Fairways?

Back