Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Last round went well with both Hybrids and 3W. Hit 3W off the tee once and off the deck twice. Tee shot ended up out 238, middle of the fairway according to shotscope. beautiful slight draw that just caught things right and rolled to a great spot. Both shots off the deck were respectable and put me in good position.

The feel off the face with these is really crisp with a nice sound. I really like it a lot. It's impressive how good missed shot still end up going... there's still feedback in feel and sound to know you missed, but the ball seems to go further and straight than I would normally expect.

Happy to be doing better with the 3W and continue to be impressed by the FW and Hybrids all around.

Don't think I mentioned it after my last round, but I tried the 3W off the tee twice, and it was not my friend. Bad pull hook both times. Trying to work on it so I have options off the tee.

Recent LS 5W.

Think I mentioned in choosing my Morgan Cup clubs that this is about the most important spot in my bag. I was also pretty candid about the fit. Well we're a ways into this now and it's been about the experience I expected maybe?

It's fast. I can hit it a long way pretty easily. When I hit it perfectly I can do a lot of the things I want to do with it. It's low spin. It looks great over the ball. Love the feel. Solid. 👍🏼

I'm also not as consistent with it as I'm used to. It's a pretty small 5W head. Kind of scares some people I let hit it. Doesn't bother me at all looking down on that, but it's a lot shallower than I'm used to. And that shows up out there. Both in outcomes and confidence because of that. So I think I use it a fair bit less than I'm used to as well. It's a little rocket ship, hit I really don't think it's for many players when compared to the standard.

Recent LS 5W.

Think I mentioned in choosing my Morgan Cup clubs that this is about the most important spot in my bag. I was also pretty candid about the fit. Well we're a ways into this now and it's been about the experience I expected maybe?

It's fast. I can hit it a long way pretty easily. When I hit it perfectly I can do a lot of the things I want to do with it. It's low spin. It looks great over the ball. Love the feel. Solid. 👍🏼

I'm also not as consistent with it as I'm used to. It's a pretty small 5W head. Kind of scares some people I let hit it. Doesn't bother me at all looking down on that, but it's a lot shallower than I'm used to. And that shows up out there. Both in outcomes and confidence because of that. So I think I use it a fair bit less than I'm used to as well. It's a little rocket ship, hit I really don't think it's for many players when compared to the standard.

That looked like a pretty low launch for a 5w. How's the spin? Do you find it easier to hit off tee or deck or doesn't matter?

That looked like a pretty low launch for a 5w. How's the spin? Do you find it easier to hit off tee or deck or doesn't matter?
Hm. Visual maybe. That's about right on flight.

Spin is pretty low. It should be. Lots of weight up front and I don't tend to spin things a ton. I'll say tee, just because I use it more there. I notice the shallower face more everywhere else. Different lies. Especially kind of suspended in the bermuda or fluffed up fairway but in a strange stance. Less confident, because a slight vertical miss tends to have a more dramatic effect on flight than I'm used to.

5w continues to be steady. It was put through the paces over the weekend and all but 1 shot was what I was looking for out of it. I can't say enough how easy this club is to get in the air and it's a rocket once it's going

Hit the AJ Max 3 wood several times on Sunday and it impresses me more and more as I get more comfortable with it. The ball just launches off the face and I'm actually getting a nice mid-high ball flight. The most important part for me is that I'm feeling confident enough to pull it more frequently and it's made some par 5s easier and even got me out of trouble a few times.

Now, I really need to get out there and put some swings on the 3 hybrid. I feel like it could be a weapon if I give a chance.

No secret that I have struggled hitting fairway woods, lots of bad with a little good sprinkled in. Here is a classic example from the weekend round. Had about 240 out to get on par 5 in two with bunkers protecting the approach both short left and right. The smart play would have been to hit one of my hybrids or 5 iron as I would have to hit the 5w of my life and I still would not get to the green. But I cant get better and I can’t review the club if I am scared to hit it. Well first swing I caught ground 8 inches behind the ball and whiff. Ouch.
Reload…I swung like I didnt care. I hit the best fairway wood off the deck that I have ever hit in my life. Beautiful ball flight with an ever so slight draw. Split the bunkers and landed just short of the green about 5 yards short. Those are the golf shots that are addicting.
Moral of this story is that the AJ 5w is pretty freaking awesome. I just wish I could swing my fairway like that regularly so I could produce a result like that more than once in several hundred swings.

The rest of @BB Fan Girl clubs have arrived! an Airmax 5-7 FW wood and a 5 hybrid.
IMG_3467.jpegIMG_3468.jpegIMG_3469.jpeg

Recent LS 5W.

Any consideration of the standard model for more face height?

Any consideration of the standard model for more face height?
Absolutely. Originally and since. Introduces other things though. It's a tough spot for me since I go Driver-5W.

THe Aerojet Max 3W is a serious weapon off the tee. Pulled it once tonight on a short par 4 and hit a 250 yard bomb right down the middle. Ball comes off the face fast, and feels fantastic when struck well.

I have been tinkering with my Aerojet standard 3 wood since I received it. I have been playing it at the standard setting, but as unbelievable as it sounds, it hits the ball too far. I’m using it less on Par 5s than I would like. When I got on the monitor, I felt that playing it +1* would be better. The result of all of this was that my MCC+4 grip was always misaligned.

I changed the grip today, and decided that +1 was going to be the call. I have two rounds this weekend to try it out, but I’m expecting this to be the final set up going into the Morgan Cup.

Hit the AJ 3 wood one time off the tee and man it was so good. Nice high ball flight that left me in a great spot for my approach. I don’t use this one much if at all during a typical round but it has performed well when I use it.

Hit the AJ 3 wood one time off the tee and man it was so good. Nice high ball flight that left me in a great spot for my approach. I don’t use this one much if at all during a typical round but it has performed well when I use it.
I completely agree with this. Dormie may lend to a few more uses than we are used to tho so there's that.

Was fighting a small pull hook today with the driver so pulled the AJ 3 wood on a few more shorter holes today. Found the fairway on all and wasn’t really penalized much with much loss of distance. I really like this 3W. So inviting at setup and easy to get airborne from a tee or off the ground.

So I gotta ask. If you barely use it, why do you have it?

I have both a 5H and 6H. They are so much easier for me to hit than irons. The key for me is to make a good swing.

Those look great

She hit them well on her first round out Yesterday! They launch well for her and the shaft choice was excellent.

I have both a 5H and 6H. They are so much easier for me to hit than irons. The key for me is to make a good swing.
This is where I'm transitioning to. Ditch at least the 5i, maybe even 6i, replace with 4-6h. I currently have a 3h, 4h and a 6h incoming. All adjustable so that gapping can be tuned.

Had a few shots with the 3W today. Only one really good one, but even the bad strikes go a long way.

Still working with the AJ Max 3 wood and I'm definitely getting better with it, which is giving me more confidence to use it on the course. Only took a few swings with it at the range today and it did pretty well. I wanted to hit it more, but knew that I needed to spend some time hitting the AJ 3 hybrid. It's been a little neglected recently with the 3 wood getting so much attention, so I put in some extra time with it today. Honestly, it was one of the better performances I've got out of it. I struggle with hybrids but was hitting the AJ surprisingly well today. Piercing ball flight with just a little bit of a draw and it was getting out there pretty good. The 3 hybrid might be more useful than I thought at Dormie Club, since we will be playing further back, so it'll be getting some more range time soon.

Back