Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

The standard Aerojet 3W has been great since getting it. I primarily will use it off the tee and the feel, forgivness and flight I am seeing is fantastic paired with the Kai'Li white. I don't use 3W often anymore but it is nice to have confidence in this one when I do.

5w got some run today as the driver swing wasn’t working. It had a bigger draw than I normally see but I was able to keep it in play and it bailed me out. Nice to know I can count on this when the big one is struggling and even if I’m not putting great swings on it, I’ll still be ok

Just getting ready to pull the trigger on the AJ 3w (13.5 tee club only) and 5w (17 degree) standard with Ventus Red.
Anyone know how they compare in the forgiveness department to the G425 Max Fairways?
I haven't hit the G425s, but I've found the AJ Max 3w to be pretty forgiving.

I’ve been gaming the Aerojet 7W for the last couple weeks. Last year I played the LTDx 3W and (very briefly) the 5W. Got along pretty well with the 3W but did not get along with the 5W. I chalked/chalk it up to growing out of being a fan of the rails. I quickly swapped it out for a Tec 3h which I had been gaming up until getting the 7W. In the 7W I was looking for a little more consistency off the turf, in particular out of the rough. With the Tec I had a couple too many fliers when going for things in 2, which was somewhat backed up by seeing more spin out of my current 5W than the Tec 3h on the sim.

Like the driver line Cobra has really upped the sound and feel compared to the LTDx line. While obviously attached to the blue color scheme the black carbon looks fantastic. Like the my experience with the LTDx, the Aerojet is pretty neutral which becomes a small to medium draw in my hands.

This weekend I had 2 shots at my home course that were exactly what I made the swap for - par 5 approach shots from borderline shots in the rough. Both resulted in tap in birdies. The first shot on Friday was a little flyer-y so it hit the green but ran out for a pitch shot. Today’s shot landed about 2 yards on and rolled to about 15 feet for an eagle look.

6279B393-2C19-45B2-BD5B-A17CAC2EE890.jpeg
86CA75FB-94AF-4ECF-9ED7-6C4F10437907.jpeg

In addition to those shots, there is a par 3 at my course that plays between 200-230 from the tips, and I’m 2/2 on hitting the green with it.

Had one chance to use 3W today and it was the first good shot I've hit with the Aerojet Max 3w so far. It was a nice high fade off the deck. Felt amazing. Fingers crossed this is just the beginning of good shots with it.

Hit hybrid a couple of times and still just giggle every time I hit one...they are so fun to hit. I wasn't sure I could like a hybrid as much as I liked my XHot Pro hybrid, but these are freaking fantastic. I see a piercing initial trajectory that gets up high and gives me a little bit of roll. It is just fun to see every time.

Solid day with the 5w on a couple tee shots where accuracy mattered more than length. I feel like I'm just repeating myself but this 5w is REALLY good

These King tec hybrids are so damn good. Last night I managed to hit a fwy on a par 5 for a change and decided on the 3h instead of the 3w. It went 240 with a nice high ball flight that I don't usually see which left me about 40yds in. I'm thinking of adding the 4h to the bag but will have to figure out gapping.

The standard Aerojet 3W has been great since getting it. I primarily will use it off the tee and the feel, forgivness and flight I am seeing is fantastic paired with the Kai'Li white. I don't use 3W often anymore but it is nice to have confidence in this one when I do.
Will you be using it often there though? Running through the layout from the blacks looks like 7 or 8 drivers to me with a lot of lesser clubs mixed in.

Will you be using it often there though? Running through the layout from the blacks looks like 7 or 8 drivers to me with a lot of lesser clubs mixed in.
I have definitely looked at the layout quite a bit and yes. There looks to be numerous holes where less than driver could be used.

I have definitely looked at the layout quite a bit and yes. There looks to be numerous holes where less than driver could be used.
I would recommend you guys go 58 or 60 off most of the tees :ROFLMAO:

I would recommend you guys go 58 or 60 off most of the tees :ROFLMAO:
Yes 258-260 does seem like a pretty usable tee strategy there.

Hence the FW/Hy talk. 😁

Used the 5w a couple times off the tee last night with good success

Used the 5w a couple times off the tee last night with good success
It seems like the 5w is your go to club, others have gone to the hybrids in the past. Why do you think you favor the 5w?

It seems like the 5w is your go to club, others have gone to the hybrids in the past. Why do you think you favor the 5w?
Great question. I have the 4h as well and it performs well most of the time when needed. The 5w vs the 2h though just never really was much of a fight. The 5w was easier for me to get in the air and went an extra 10/15 yards. I could get by with the 2h if needed but the 5w just felt easier and was more consistent shot after shot for me to hit for whatever reason

I'm not complaining because I love the driver, but I would love to hit this 3w more often. It's so easy to hit, is accurate and long. Pondering a 5W or 7W in the 19°/20° range.

Because he murders it, right @Nerdy :LOL:

I’m playing both the Aerojet 5h and 6h. They are becoming my most favorite clubs in the bag. The launch, trajectory, distance and forgiveness are perfect for me.

I only the 5w a couple times yesterday as the course was fairly open off the tee. It worked well each time it was called upon though

Hit a couple of nice 5Ws over the weekend. One off the tee was a fade I wasn't expecting but it got me a good solid 225 off the tee. It felt really good. I had 270 to the front on a par 4 after a catching a tree off the tee. I was trying to push the ball as far up as possible. It was right next to a ball mark in the mud about 55-60 yards out. WHen I put a good swing on the 5 and 7W, they go. Even when I don't, they don't punish like I would have expected.

I've hit some solid center-struck 5Hs but I'm a little off on getting the face square. They're good yardage but a little right or left of my target.

Hit a couple of nice 5Ws over the weekend. One off the tee was a fade I wasn't expecting but it got me a good solid 225 off the tee. It felt really good. I had 270 to the front on a par 4 after a catching a tree off the tee. I was trying to push the ball as far up as possible. It was right next to a ball mark in the mud about 55-60 yards out. WHen I put a good swing on the 5 and 7W, they go. Even when I don't, they don't punish like I would have expected.

I've hit some solid center-struck 5Hs but I'm a little off on getting the face square. They're good yardage but a little right or left of my target.
225 from a 5W is pretty darn impressive.

It is but in all fairness, that tee shot is a bit downhill.
Still impressive in any condition. The Aerojet fairways are exceptionally long.

Playing from 6700 yesterday didn't leave me many reasons to take the AJ max 3w off the tee, aside from a shorter par 4 that was a dog leg left.

I yanked the tee shot but it was a screaming missile over the dogleg trees, about 245 in total.

I haven't been able to correct my hook/overdraw I get too often on the course (on the range it doesn't happen as much), but for others who still have a push/fade with the fairway woods these AJ maxes could probably the cure for that !

Got a lesson in with some focus on hitting my hybrid. Some changes to ball position and setup, which feels a little awkward, but already seeing some improvement. Got to the range last week and was slowly starting to work away from those low hooks and actually hit some good shots with it. Contact was definitely better and the ball just rockets off the face.

I still really like the look of the Aerojet hybrid at address. It's one of the few that looks neutral to me. I need more opportunities to hit this on course. It did save me on one hole the other day. Topped my tee shot and had a long way to the green. Hit my 3 hybrid out of the rough and it left me a wedge in with a shot at saving par.

The Aerojet 3 wood is coming around, but slowly and that's entirely my fault. I just haven't gotten in the practice that I need to with it. Still, I've been more willing to pull it on-course recently as gain more confidence with it. Again, I need some on-course opportunities to hit it. Might just have to take a day to hit practice shots or something. It really is too good to just have sitting there in the bag.

Back