Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

I'm still a little gunshy to use the 3w, so my last round it didn't get hit. 3H stood in admirably though. That is proving to be one of my favorite clubs. I'm going to get out to the driving range this week and work on 3w some, so hopefully I can keep up what I saw the last time I hit it in round.

I only pulled the AJ max 3w once during my rounds recently .. playing from 6500 yards means mostly driver off the tee, and the holes I needed position on the 3w length wouldn't put me in trouble

One one the back 9 par 5s I had a great opportunity.. 250 to the center of the green, not much trouble around it, and it dogged a bit left. I started the 3w max along the right tree line, it was hit well but I continue to have this excessive draw so I ended up left of the green.

I may look at picking up the standard AJ woods as a I LOOOOOVE hitting 3w and 5w for position off the tee, but I keep pulling these maxes to the left.

In the meantime I'll try opening my grip a little to see if that helps

I only pulled the AJ max 3w once during my rounds recently .. playing from 6500 yards means mostly driver off the tee, and the holes I needed position on the 3w length wouldn't put me in trouble

One one the back 9 par 5s I had a great opportunity.. 250 to the center of the green, not much trouble around it, and it dogged a bit left. I started the 3w max along the right tree line, it was hit well but I continue to have this excessive draw so I ended up left of the green.

I may look at picking up the standard AJ woods as a I LOOOOOVE hitting 3w and 5w for position off the tee, but I keep pulling these maxes to the left.

In the meantime I'll try opening my grip a little to see if that helps
Do you think its the max head draw bias causing you to hit it left or is it a swing path issue?

Do you think its the max head draw bias causing you to hit it left or is it a swing path issue?
Maybe the draw bias exagerating a swing path issue?

Oddly, I hit them pretty damn good at the range, but on the course the huge draw shows up

Maybe the draw bias exagerating a swing path issue?

Oddly, I hit them pretty damn good at the range, but on the course the huge draw shows up
I would think if its starting on your intended lines and drawing too much every time then its possible the draw bias of the head could be the culprit but if you are pulling it.. meaning its starting left and going left then its not the club. Could be as simple as alignment, shutting the face early or swing path. Golf is hard haha

During my round Tuesday evening, I hit one of the best shots I've hit in a looooong time with the 3 wood. I was in the fairway on a par 5 with about 265 left to the center of the green. I knew I couldn't get that much distance, but decided to try to get as close as possible. Made a nice smooth swing instead of trying to kill it and hit a perfect little draw that ended up right in front of the green. Chipped to about 7 feet and left my birdie putt about 2 inches short. I wanted to be mad, but couldn't stop smiling about finally seeing some results with a fairway wood on the course and not just the range. I've hit a lot of different fairway woods and most made me want to get rid of fairway woods completely, but this Aerojet Max 3 wood is the only that has had me thinking I could actually start to hit it well. I'm actually looking forward to the next opportunity to hit.

I ordered an OL Aerojet 4h with the stock stiff PGI to test as a 5i replacement. I'm terrible with a 5i, but hit the King Tec 4h so well, I want to give this option a chance.

Working through the bag at the range I got to the 5w and thought to myself no need to hit this club it is $$. And then I thought but it’s so fun to hit. So I threw a ball down and hit a laser and just smiled

My 3W almost got me on in regulation after a terrible drive on one hole yesterday. Absolute rocket launcher. As much as I like the King Tec hybrids, I'm really glad to have this in my bag.

I hit a 3 wood today as hard as I ever have. Par 5, hit a monster drive. I was 253 to the middle of the green. I took my time, and just ripped one. Immediately heard the cart we were paired with say an expletive. Ball hits the green and rolls into the trap right behind it. It was an awesome feeling.

The Aerojet lineup is the real deal. If you told me I could swap out my Cobra woods for any other set free of charge, I would keep my Aerojet set.

Worked on the AJ 5w on the range prior to the round today and it is loooong. I was poking it out well over 200. The problem for me is that I could not hit it consistently push right, yank hook left, nice 230 with a baby draw, thin work burner. It’s obvious the issue is not the club because when well it is a monster.
I didnt have a reason to hit it on my round. 3 KT hybrid covered any 200+ distance I needed.

The Aerojet 3w LS performed admirably today off the tee. Haven’t had the opportunity to hit it much from the fairway but 2 swings today were fairway finders and distance was perfect

I am really enjoying this AJ Max 3 wood right now. I was hitting it very well at the range yesterday and then hit a couple of great shots on the course with it. It's making me rethink how I play some of the par 5s on my course. I'm still terrible at hitting fairway woods, but this AJ Max 3 wood has been showing out lately, making it look like I know what I'm doing out there. lol

Honestly, the same goes for the hybrid, but I've been kind of zoned in on the 3 wood. I've got some good results with my hybrid, but I soooo want to improve with the 3 wood that I've neglected the hybrid a bit lately. I'll have to give it a little more attention during the next range session.

Well a new Aerojet max 5w-7w and 5hyb are on order for @BB Fan Girl. She tried others and these really perform well for her. The wait now begins!

Off the tee I really am liking the AeroJet LS 3w but for the life of me I can't hit it off the deck very well and its becoming frustrating. Had an opportunity last night from the middle of the fairway to go for a par 5 in 2, pulled the 3w and promptly hit it OB left. :confused: 2 holes later pulled the 3w on the tee. Hit it way out on the toe so clearly something swing related was happening on both those strikes but resulting ball flight was a little draw that found the fairway with some distance loss but nothing crazy. I will get this figured out because I know this club can be a weapon in my bag.

I think I may have moved on from the Aerojet 4 Hybrid a bit too early. I hit it again at the range and once again, I saw a nice straight ball flight. I think I was trying to swing too hard when I first got it, trying to chase a number as opposed to just letting the club work.

I have a Recoil Hybrid Proto shaft that I am going to install, and I am thinking that it will earn a spot back in the bag. It’s crazy how easy it is to get the ball up in the air without trying to hammer it.

Off the tee I really am liking the AeroJet LS 3w but for the life of me I can't hit it off the deck very well and its becoming frustrating. Had an opportunity last night from the middle of the fairway to go for a par 5 in 2, pulled the 3w and promptly hit it OB left. :confused: 2 holes later pulled the 3w on the tee. Hit it way out on the toe so clearly something swing related was happening on both those strikes but resulting ball flight was a little draw that found the fairway with some distance loss but nothing crazy. I will get this figured out because I know this club can be a weapon in my bag.
On a separate note, what setting do you have it on? I have been bouncing around between standard, +1, and +1D. I played my LTDx on standard draw, but I seem to hit the Aerojet better on the non-draw settings. I like the distance, but I think I may need to go back to +1 to be more usable the second shot of par 5s.

Made both of those moves with a 5W. It’s frustrating.

My round on Tuesday, I had the opportunity to hit my Aerojet Max 3W once. Shot Scope had the shot at 248. I'm not sure it was actually that far, but it was a really good shot and felt good. Nice slow riser straight where I wanted it to go. Hard to gauge roll with how wet it was though. Happy to have my last couple in-round shots be good with the 3W. It feels so good on well struck shots.

I think I may have moved on from the Aerojet 4 Hybrid a bit too early. I hit it again at the range and once again, I saw a nice straight ball flight. I think I was trying to swing too hard when I first got it, trying to chase a number as opposed to just letting the club work.

I have a Recoil Hybrid Proto shaft that I am going to install, and I am thinking that it will earn a spot back in the bag. It’s crazy how easy it is to get the ball up in the air without trying to hammer it.

I don’t have the 4 but I have been playing the 5 and 6. The Aerojet hybrids are a pleasure to hit. So easy to launch. Trajectory and ball flight are so good with these hybrids.

Hit the 5w 3 times last night. Hit the fw twice around 240 and the 3rd I kind of popped up and the wind grabbed it and it went right of the fairway. I continue to love what I see from this club

Mixed bag with the AJ 5w on course. 2 opportunities off the tee, 1st one I snap hooked left into trees at about 175. 2nd one I hit exactly where I wanted to in a very narrow landing area. Felt really good on contact but when I looked at my yardage, it only went about 200. This is the one club in my bag that has consistently perplexed me.

I'm really starting to love the AJ Max 3 wood. Hit it multiple times during my round yesterday and all produced pretty good results. I haven't been hitting it off the tee because I've been focused on getting as many swings with driver as possible, but it's been great off the deck. I'm still a little surprised I'm actually hitting some decent shots off the deck with it, which is something I've never been good at. Fairway woods have always been really low flying and often times hooking into trees for me. This one is producing more of a mid flight and staying pretty straight recently and I'm loving it. This is easily my favorite 3 wood I've ever had.

For the first time in a long time, I played my Aerojet 3W off the tee on a few holes last Sunday. I was impressed with how easy it was to hit far, and definitely the straightest I have been with a 3W in a long time.

Was going between this thread and shot of the day thread. Wanted to post it here to give a nice confidence boost to all of the MC group.
Aerojet 5w LS from the first cut of rough on the left side. An errant punch out from the right side that went too long -yes it was one of THOSE holes. 182 to the pin with bunkers protecting everything but a small runway up to green. Hit it, as hard as I could and watched it with really low ball flight fade right just a bit and follow the path almost to the green. Two putts later and I was home with a bogey.
my buddy just said “of course that’s the shot you made”. We both bogeyed. No blood. This thing was literally money today.

Back