Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

Cas you really have an excellent eye. I hope this what you do to pay the bills. If not you may want to think about it.

Figured I'd post this awesome pic!

4AECF0CA-35FF-4FE1-A334-515AF672C8C5-3164-0000010791910CA6_zpscd2fb9e4.jpg

PhotoBombed by a fly!

Henri, glad to see you got your ACP's in hand, on course, and... they're beautiful! wrong handed or not, they're darn good clubs.

great pics! very cool ideas there.

Oh yes guys!

First I have to say, these exceeded my expectations! The best iron I have ever hit in my life. Soo smooth, hot and also forgiving. I hit so well these today. I get a very nice trajectory, higher than with my other clubs, which suits me well since I tend to hit quite low. Higher trajectory, no loss in distance. 7-iron and up I seem to hit a club longer than with my previous set, and the 4-6 irons are quite the same.

Man...I love them!! I'm going to play a few rounds before getting in to a deeper analysis, since there might be a honey moon period going :D

I fooled around a bit with the sticks and my camera, and since everyone has seen these clubs in various photos, I figured I'll take just one pic per club.

4-iron
bdg5.jpg

5-iron
ho6e.jpg

6-iron
ag6w.jpg

7-iron
pi31.jpg

8-iron
jhl0.jpg

9-iron
0aw6.jpg

PW
s2yn.jpg

Blades
wenm.jpg

Shafts
m643.jpg

Grips
vzyh.jpg

Holy crap do you have a gift. If you golf anywhere near as good as you take photos......I am super glad you are on my team!

Great to hear! Keep hitting them straight!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks dude! I REALLY love these irons!

Yeah...I think I'll keep these in my bag...

cwx.png

Man these irons are tight! I've got them dialed in pretty good so far. It's amazing how the small heads just promote confidence when addressing the ball. My miss is still a fat shot which just loses distance but stays on line. Haven't had many of those either. KK shafts are perfect! Gets high launch and good distance. These irons make the ball hit and quit! Anyone else notice this? Hardly any roll out on the greens.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Played 18 with these yesterday. Another good iron striking day. Only had one bad shot with a 5 iron. Tried to cook it and shouldn't have. Had a few hit short but with the wind that was out there it's to be expected. Hit every par 3 from the tee. These irons are just straight! The low profile heads just cut through the turf like none is even there. Not gonna use the butter analogy cuz I think it's over used. So for me they are like margarine. :laughing: these are quickly starting to knock the Bstones out of the bag. Uh oh did I just say that? Yes, yes I did!

Played 18 with these yesterday. Another good iron striking day. Only had one bad shot with a 5 iron. Tried to cook it and shouldn't have. Had a few hit short but with the wind that was out there it's to be expected. Hit every par 3 from the tee. These irons are just straight! The low profile heads just cut through the turf like none is even there. Not gonna use the butter analogy cuz I think it's over used. So for me they are like margarine. :laughing: these are quickly starting to knock the Bstones out of the bag. Uh oh did I just say that? Yes, yes I did!

I know you loved your bstones so it's great to see you grooving these. Their whole lineup is awesome this year.

Played a few times this past week and just can't agree more with what Bullfrog said. They are more forgiving than they look and they feel amazing. Getting them dialed in has gone much quicker than I had anticipated. I just love standing over my bag and seeing these beauties in there.

Plus they make the ball hit and quit. Usually within a foot and a half of the ball mark. Pleasantly surprised by the forgiveness.

I am a little jealous at how well you guys seem to be getting on with the these irons. I am looking forward to seeing it first hand.

I am a little jealous at how well you guys seem to be getting on with the these irons. I am looking forward to seeing it first hand.

You can feel it first hand dude! I will let you dilly dally with them. I am extremely happy I went this way. Real strong competition against the Bstones for sure! With slight edge going to ACP'S if I were comparing based on the same amount of play time. What I mean is I feel like I'm hitting these better after 2 weeks than I was the Bstones after 2 weeks.

I finally got to hit these at a golf shop here in New Zealand today. I've been waiting forever and have tried so many clubs in my search for a set to get me back into the game. I'm so glad I waited, these irons are phenomenal, AND GORGEOUS/BEAUTIFUL/STUNNING etc........
I've always been a great ball striker and these things, as small as they are just fill me with confidence. After a few warm up swings we turned on the launch monitor and WOW! The worst shot I hit with them was only 1metre wide of the target. From there I purposely started hitting balls way out on the toe as well as some thinned shots. Shots from out on the toe, way out I have to say, only lost on average 12yards of distance but still flew dead straight. Thinned shots faired a bit worse but still were on target and not drastically different to shots off the toe. I'm gonna be placing an order for them tomorrow hopefully. GOOD JOB COBRA !

Last edited:
I finally got to hit these at a golf shop here in New Zealand today. I've been waiting forever and have tried so many clubs in my search for a set to get me back into the game. I'm so glad I waited, these irons are phenomenal, AND GORGEOUS/BEAUTIFUL/STUNNING etc........
I've always been a great ball striker and these things, as small as they are just fill me with confidence. After a few warm up swings we turned on the launch monitor and WOW! The worst shot I hit with them was only 1metre wide of the target. From there I purposely started hitting balls way out on the toe as well as some thinned shots. Shots from out on the toe, way out I have to say, only lost on average 12yards of distance but still flew dead straight. Thinned shots faired a bit worse but still were on target and not drastically different to shots off the toe. I'm gonna be placing an order for them tomorrow hopefully. GOOD JOB COBRA 1

It's amazing that these BLADES are actually somewhat forgiving! Who would have thunk it?

I know, I picked up the demo and first thoughts were, "Damn these are tiny, but by god are they beutiful!"
First few swings and the feeling through impact was incredible. I know its something that's said often but honestly these things are pure butter. I was amazed at how well they performed on off centre hits. I've always played better with smaller headed clubs, I put it down to the fact I have to concentrate and do the work myself, unlike GI irons where you basically just swing away. Another thing that struck me was how easy it is to move the ball and manipulate ball flight. Every shot I attempted I pulled off. The guy at the shop couldn't believe it. Lol.

IF YOU'RE A GOOD/CONSISTENT BALL STRIKER YOU REALLY DO NEED TO TRY THESE OUT, IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE TRULY MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING SPECIAL.

we'll show you just how great they are sometime Saturday afternoon...

i'm in and out of love with my swing right now, but these irons haven't let me down yet. they fly straight, they get the ball up in the air (but not too high) and for as small as they are, the sweet spot is nice!
dialing them in shouldn't be too difficult if it ever stops raining here. some much needed range time is in my immediate future and then i believe i should be able to find a good swing and start hitting these how i should be.

The AMP Cell Pro's vs. the AMP Cell Joe's battle will be epic.

How does the stock TTDG stiff shaft play? If it plays even the slightest bit softer than S-Flex, I'll be sold completely.

How does the stock TTDG stiff shaft play? If it plays even the slightest bit softer than S-Flex, I'll be sold completely.

Huh? Seriously... I don't get what your asking.

Huh? Seriously... I don't get what your asking.

Does the stock shaft play true to flex, or is it weaker than the label says? I prefer the PXi in the 6.0 rather than the 5.5 because I feel even though the 6.0 is supposed to be stiff, it plays more like a regular flex IMO. If the ACPs play like that I'll be sold.

Glad to see everyone loving these irons! Bullfrog, what ball are you playing that you are seeing such great spin with on your shots to make it land and stop? Always play the RXS or have you been trying any other Bridgestone balls?

Quoted for awesomeness! TYNO... That's how he rolls, enough said.

Back