Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

Can't wait to take some swings with this. Will take my MC D+ shaft with me as I liked that combo with a previous component of theirs. I know it probably won't be apples to apples but will still taste sweet.

True. The heads today are so much less spinning. The profile of these heads suit my game well. I really need to hit this. The green turbulence version of course

You should probably buy one. #TwoLessStrokes

I believe cobra claims the track will affect spin by ~600 rpm? Has anyone been able to test it?

That's a big margin.. Can't help but imagine part of that is the increased launch as well.
600 rpm difference in adjustment is pretty earth shattering

I believe cobra claims the track will affect spin by ~600 rpm? Has anyone been able to test it?

545 in my test. Averaged out over 12 shots six with each position.

Its what happens when a company does it right, instead of putting something out there to be first, knowing it does not work well (which has happened twice in the last few years).

It goes back to the same theory as anything. Do you want to be first, or do you want to be right?

545 in my test. Averaged out over 12 shots six with each position.

Its what happens when a company does it right, instead of putting something out there to be first, knowing it does not work well (which has happened twice in the last few years).

It goes back to the same theory as anything. Do you want to be first, or do you want to be right?
That is a HUGE difference in spin!

That is a HUGE difference in spin!

So many factors though. Here is an interesting thing, see these statistics below.

These are all spin numbers from you at the last THP Event.
How many drivers and shafts do you think were in this group?

So many factors though. Here is an interesting thing, see these statistics below.

These are all spin numbers from you at the last THP Event.
How many drivers and shafts do you think were in this group?

If I recall, I hit 4 total. Gbb with 590, bridgestone 715 with fuji pro ts 73x, cobra (flyz I think) with spiveys custom shaft and one more I can't recall. Don't know if all are there, but point taken. Strike is always dominant factor

If I recall, I hit 4 total. Gbb with 590, bridgestone 715 with fuji pro ts 73x, cobra (flyz I think) with spiveys custom shaft and one more I can't recall. Don't know if all are there, but point taken. Strike is always dominant factor

Those were all with the GBB with Grandura 590 in it. :D

Those were all with the GBB with Grandura 590 in it. :D
Goes to show my consistent driver swing. Thanks...

L Center
Center
CUT R Side
PULL Left
LCenter

Goes to show my consistent driver swing. Thanks...

Hahah. We are all like that. The goal was to show that spin is overthought by a huge margin online. The bigger thing with this driver to me is just the altered ball flight and how much it can change.

L Center
Center
CUT R Side
PULL Left
LCenter
Insider knowledge haha. Though I think that 2800 was rare high draw lol

Hahah. We are all like that. The goal was to show that spin is overthought by a huge margin online. The bigger thing with this driver to me is just the altered ball flight and how much it can change.

So there is a good change in trajectory with each position? How is forgiveness compared to prior lines?

Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

Well I went in today to hit this driver. Walk into golf Smith and luckily they had it in. They didn't have it in before Christmas but looks like they got it in last week. I put this up next to King LTD to get some comparison. Before i post the numbers I just want to share a few thoughts.

It was very interesting to see how the slide mechanism worked. I think it does exactly what they say it does. And the changes in Spin rates and ball flight were easily seen on the monitors. With the weight all the way in the back it was too high of a ball flight. With the weight forward all the way it produced too low of a ball flight and I just didn't like the feel there. Oddly enough at the number 2 setting it felt just right. Also had the Myfly at 9 1/2° draw setting. The black-tie shaft is not going to be for everybody, Which is as expected. But I did notice that this particular black-tie shaft wasn't as "boardy" as black ties of the past. I have gamed and still have a black tie laying around and this shaft does seem a lot more playable but will not be for everybody. I would say that it is a better feeling version of past black ties. But It's a black tie nonetheless.

Strikes that were absolutely flushed and hit dead center on the face felt great. Really solid feel and you could almost feel the spring off the face. Cobra did a really good job on this part. If I had one thing negative to say about the feel of this driver is the feel on off center hits. The feel produce feedback enough to know exactly where you hit it but it felt much more harsh and the sound that produced was more more high pitched. To me I did not like that, But the numbers that off-center hits produced were still positive. I will say that the feel of well struck shots were very addicting though, I kept wanting to swing the club just to feel that impact again.

One additional thing I'd like to point out and I think JB said it a few points back is the importance of spin rates. Moving the track to different positions really did make a huge difference. Also I got some sub 2000 spin rates using a ProV1X. Most of the balls in the bay's are Bstones E7's But there were a few ProV1X that sneaked into today's trial. And with those balls with both drivers the Spin rates dropped substantially. Made me really think about how the ball alone impacts spin rates by a good margin. I mean some of the shots that did not make it on the below screenshot, with a low spinning ball like a PV1x paired with a track system that changes flight and spin rate like the F6+ driver, one could see drops/changes in spin rates easily of 1000rpm, I sure did. That's not even accounting for the shaft. That's just head and ball, truly eye opening

Compared to the LTD I thought this was just a bit more forgiving. My dispersion was a lot tighter with this club as you can see in the chart below. I think that LTD could be a monster with the right shaft. I just wasn't getting that great dispersion with the stock stiff rogue shaft which was 95 MSI on the LTD. I did like the feel of the LTD better on off center hits by a substantial margin. To be fair to the LTD I would like to hit that again with a shat that fits me. But if I had to buy straight stock set up the F6+ would probably be the way I would go.

What was unfortunate was the lack of available shafts to try in either of these heads. What I thought was a new cobra cart that was arriving was just the same old cart that was shipped to them. Even the Golfsmith reps were still unsure on whether or not they would be receiving any new cobra product. Some even heard that the LTD driver may not be in store stock for some time. But the F6 line would be in store stock by next week most likely in preparation for the 1/15 launch.

Club 1: King F6+
9.5D/ #2 track setting
Stock Black tie 65g Stiff

Club 2: King LTD
9.5D
Aldila Rogue 95msi Stiff

8a5e6604ca69079c3b346f9af35d7784.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I went in today to hit this driver. Walk into golf Smith and luckily they had it in. They didn't have it in before Christmas but looks like they got it in last week. I put this up next to King LTD to get some comparison. Before i post the numbers I just want to share a few thoughts.

It was very interesting to see how the slide mechanism worked. I think it does exactly what they say it does. And the changes in Spin rates and ball flight were easily seen on the monitors. With the weight all the way in the back it was too high of a ball flight. With the weight forward all the way it produced too low of a ball flight and I just didn't like the feel there. Oddly enough at the number 2 setting it felt just right. Also had the Myfly at 9 1/2° draw setting. The black-tie shaft is not going to be for everybody, Which is as expected. But I did notice that this particular black-tie shaft wasn't as "boardy" as black ties of the past. I have gamed and still have a black tie laying around and this shaft does seem a lot more playable but will not be for everybody. I would say that it is a better feeling version of past black ties. But It's a black tie nonetheless.

Strikes that were absolutely flushed and hit dead center on the face felt great. Really solid feel and you could almost feel the spring off the face. Cobra did a really good job on this part. If I had one thing negative to say about the feel of this driver is the feel on off center hits. The feel produce feedback enough to know exactly where you hit it but it felt much more harsh and the sound that produced was more more high pitched. To me I did not like that, But the numbers that off-center hits produced were still positive. I will say that the feel of well struck shots were very addicting though, I kept wanting to swing the club just to feel that impact again.

One additional thing I'd like to point out and I think JB said it a few points back is the importance of spin rates. Moving the track to different positions really did make a huge difference. Also I got some sub 2000 spin rates using a ProV1X. Most of the balls in the bay's are Bstones E7's But there were a few ProV1X that sneaked into today's trial. And with those balls with both drivers the Spin rates dropped substantially. Made me really think about how the ball alone impacts spin rates by a good margin. I mean some of the shots that did not make it on the below screenshot, with a low spinning ball like a PV1x paired with a track system that changes flight and spin rate like the F6+ driver, one could see drops/changes in spin rates easily of 1000rpm, I sure did. That's not even accounting for the shaft. That's just head and ball, truly eye opening

Compared to the LTD I thought this was just a bit more forgiving. My dispersion was a lot tighter with this club as you can see in the chart below. I think that LTD could be a monster with the right shaft. I just wasn't getting that great dispersion with the stock stiff rogue shaft which was 95 MSI on the LTD. I did like the feel of the LTD better on off center hits by a substantial margin. To be fair to the LTD I would like to hit that again with a shat that fits me. But if I had to buy straight stock set up the F6+ would probably be the way I would go.

What was unfortunate was the lack of available shafts to try in either of these heads. What I thought was a new cobra cart that was arriving was just the same old cart that was shipped to them. Even the Golfsmith reps were still unsure on whether or not they would be receiving any new cobra product. Some even heard that the LTD driver may not be in store stock for some time. But the F6 line would be in store stock by next week most likely in preparation for the 1/15 launch.

Club 1: King F6+
9.5D/ #2 track setting
Stock Black tie 65g Stiff

Club 2: King LTD
9.5D
Aldila Rogue 95msi Stiff

8a5e6604ca69079c3b346f9af35d7784.jpg

Can I have some of your distance?

Really nice review. It's really nice seeing the data comparison. Like you said, I would be interested to see your results when you have a shaft matched up to you in the LTD. I can't wait to do a comparison when these come in locally. Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the info, numbers and feedback sir. Intriguing for sure

Compared with 816 dbd. Not apples to apples and couple months of rust on the swing... sound is definitely more metallic than ltd and dbd, even with weight slammed back
9e8696f859df5f300c5bc3ec70dfa7ff.jpg

I took a couple swings at gs with this today. The machine wasn't reading spin so the numbers were irrelevant. The weight was slid all the way forward and the sound was a loud metallic g30ish noise and I really didn't care for it. Much prefer the sound/feel of the ltd.

With rogue black stiff
8cdcc34d3b3baa4e12a419e9547a98a4.jpg

Maybe just a touch better with the Rogue?

Check out that dispersion dude!! Looks like I do need strokes after all.
If you miss equally both ways it averages out to good dispersion lmao

With rogue black stiff
8cdcc34d3b3baa4e12a419e9547a98a4.jpg

Launch was almost identical with the black tie. Do you think lofting down would help get you closer to that DBD launch of 14.xx?

Back