Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

I was pretty content with my setup until I read your post, now I'm thinking about using a 13g weight because I removed the 3g weight completely, although I think I'll experiment with lead tape first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Interesting; I'll be removing the 3g weight as well. I like a heavier head in general and figured maybe buying the 14g weight would help my ball speed a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping an old thread in anticipation of my season starting soon. I was fit into this head and was curious if anyone here had tried using the 14g weight instead of the stock 10g weight?

I'll be starting the season with mine at 11.5* weight back in towering, but could see myself moving to weight forward penetrating once the course bakes out in July.

I know a guy who has extra F6+ weights...

So I have played two rounds with this driver paired with the 2016 Fuji Vista Pro 65 S. Sound is great and I am getting decent distance in cold weather. I decided to move the weight forward and kept the loft at 11.5 and saw some encouraging results on well struck drives yesterday. On 18 I roped one dead into a stiff, cold sea breeze and it carried 220. Hard not to be pleased with that considering it was only 45ish degrees

Heavier was lower lighter was higher

I've continued playing with mine at 11.5D and weight forward. When I make a good swing I get great launch, penetrating ball flight and solid carry for me. Not much roll out right now around here. Regularly seeing 230-250 in quality swings.

That's awesome rickterp. Have you tested the F7 line as of yet?

That's awesome rickterp. Have you tested the F7 line as of yet?

Haven't yet but would love to soon

Haven't yet but would love to soon

You just got tapped.
Send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will send you a new F7

Your job will be to review Cobra Connect in the proper thread and on social media.

rickterp,
That is exactly how I have mine setup. I am regularly seeing 240-250 yard. What is really nice is how the mishits get out there. Love it.

You just got tapped.
Send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will send you a new F7

Your job will be to review Cobra Connect in the proper thread and on social media.

Awesome !! Thank you THP for this opportunity! Looking forward to reviewing Cobra Connect

Next range session, try teeing the ball up higher and then hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 than your normal inpact point. Feels great and more distance is the result.
Got this little tidbit from Rich Shields, who found that hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 increases during his test session with this driver increased distance.

I will try this next time out.

I called Cobra and asked them about the 3 gram clear weight. One guy said keep it in. It really has no effect on its use. I tried both ways. Looks better with it.

Awesome !! Thank you THP for this opportunity! Looking forward to reviewing Cobra Connect

Your bag is going to be killer this season. Congrats on the tap!

I called Cobra and asked them about the 3 gram clear weight. One guy said keep it in. It really has no effect on its use. I tried both ways. Looks better with it.
It was designed to be played without it though. From what I've read, the only reason Cobra included it is because retailers thought it looked "unfinished" without something in both ports.

Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

It was designed to be played without it though. From what I've read, the only reason Cobra included it is because retailers thought it looked "unfinished" without something in both ports.

This is correct. It won't hurt though.

As of this past weekend, I am now a proud owner of this driver. I'm yet to take any swings, but am very excited to get it to the course!

As of this past weekend, I am now a proud owner of this driver. I'm yet to take any swings, but am very excited to get it to the course!

Last week I saw a gentleman just smashing this out there on the range. Sounded really good too.

Last week I saw a gentleman just smashing this out there on the range. Sounded really good too.

All the reviews I've seen here are great and the sale they were having this weekend was too good to pass on. Got the driver and 3w. The driver has always been my biggest struggle and I've never been able to step into the tee box with confidence. I'm hoping for good results with the F6.

Being a senior,I am not a very long hitter with a swing speed of 88-90 mph.I bought a F6 with the red tie shaft and hit it ok but with a mid launch angle.I have played with the lofts and moved the weight forward and back.I even bought a white tie shaft and have it playing at the stock length.I finally got the club where I could hit a fairly high straight shot with good length(for me).My problem is that I hit three or four straight bombs and then pulled out my old TM R11 with stock shaft and I carry it at least 5-7 yds farther.I guess the newer tech just doesn't work for me!

I've had this for about 4 rounds now. Stiff shaft. Have the loft at 10.5 and weight in towering. I've always struggled with a slice when hitting a driver and it still remains although not quite as severe. Length for me is about the same as the Nike Covert 2.0 I was hitting. I plan to take it to the range here soon and try to get it better feeling but I do like the club. When I hit it correctly it's terrific. I just need to learn how to properly hit a driver haha

Hey all - new member here. Been playing golf off and on for 20+ years, and I really like this forum! Very informative and most of all, positive and helpful!

I've been following this thread, and as a result jumped on the Cobra F6 pricing at Dick's. Picked up an F6 Driver and 3-4 wood, both with Red Tie in stiff.

My question is this - has anyone tried cutting down the shafts and adding more weight to the heads? I'm wondering what result would come from having the heavier weight back, and adding a 6 gram to the front on both so I can cut the shaft 1/2". Lots of talk about weight front vs. back, but I'm wondering if anyone has added weight(s).

Thanks for any feedback you have!

Back