Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Sounds like you are ready for The Ambition Matchplay with Cobra. :D

Haha. Cobra has been good to me this year with the f6 driver and irons. So I am patiently waiting for the signup of the ambition event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Cobra has been good to me this year with the f6 driver and irons. So I am patiently waiting for the signup of the ambition event.

Only a week to go.

So I hear The Dean enjoyed hitting this the other day?

So I hear The Dean enjoyed hitting this the other day?
Sure did. It feels different to me than the LTD and F6+. Obviously sound is a huge part of that, thank to that different crown materials. On paper the + fits me better. Need to swing that one some more and hopefully more of this. New prices are very attractive.

Has anyone hit the F6 compared to the M1? I'm happy with my M1 but the what if there is something better part of me wonders how this would play out. I sort of miss my bio cell but the reason I went to the M1 is because I never got along with my Fly-z.

Has anyone hit the F6 compared to the M1? I'm happy with my M1 but the what if there is something better part of me wonders how this would play out. I sort of miss my bio cell but the reason I went to the M1 is because I never got along with my Fly-z.

For me it was much more forgiving then the m1. Maybe not quite as long but pretty close. I really liked the fly z but I feel like the f6 is the fly z on steroids. I hit the f6 much further.

Yes I have. The f6 is going to offer similar ball speed and far more lateral forgiveness in my opinion after testing. The m1 is a lower spin head compared to the f6

Yes I have. The f6 is going to offer similar ball speed and far more lateral forgiveness in my opinion after testing. The m1 is a lower spin head compared to the f6
This sums it all up nicely. In my experience the F6 also launches higher loft to loft.

Thanks for the feedback. Lateral forgiveness is definitely something that would be beneficial to my game. I may need to take the 3w for a spin as I tend to hit more off the tee and the taller face might also be an improvement over my M2 3w.

Ordered a White F6 with a White Tie 55X4 shaft on Tuesday.

Should be here tomorrow. I got it as a gift to myself for completing my Master's Degree.

Thankfully I ordered it this week, I was playing today and on the 9th hole the head of my BioCell flew off, broke right above the adapter.

Enjoyed reading this thread for the reviews, Last 3 drivers have been Amp Cell, BioCell and now King F6

Ordered a White F6 with a White Tie 55X4 shaft on Tuesday.

Should be here tomorrow. I got it as a gift to myself for completing my Master's Degree.

Thankfully I ordered it this week, I was playing today and on the 9th hole the head of my BioCell flew off, broke right above the adapter.

Enjoyed reading this thread for the reviews, Last 3 drivers have been Amp Cell, BioCell and now King F6

I think you'll be pleased, I adored the Bio, and IMO this is a very good jump up from that.

I think you'll be pleased, I adored the Bio, and IMO this is a very good jump up from that.
Another glowing endorsement for giving this a try. I really like the bio cell too. I just need to decide if. Might want to give the f6+ a spin.

I enjoyed the Bio and had hit it really well the last month. Am I correct thinking the shaft from the King F6 will fit into the Bio Head and use the same adapter?

I enjoyed the Bio and had hit it really well the last month. Am I correct thinking the shaft from the King F6 will fit into the Bio Head and use the same adapter?

You are correct. Bio, Fly-Z, and F6 (as well as all their + counterparts) shafts/adapters are interchangeable.

Took it out for the maiden voyage today.

Set the loft on 11.5 and the weight to towering. Hi it okay on the first 9. Messed around on tee height and set the tee lower and had much better results on the back 9.

The White Tie shaft feels really smooth. Will get it on the range soon and play with different settings.

Overall I am impressed. Anyone feel like this club has a fade bias on the normal settings? My miss is usually a pull/hook. Hit a lot of fades today and I am happy about that.

During the range session today I decided to try with the weight in penetrating instead of towering.
Hit about 25 balls with it and really like what I saw. I have been playing a game where I try to get 15 of 20 drives in between 2 flags and I finally accomplished that.

During the range session today I decided to try with the weight in penetrating instead of towering.
Hit about 25 balls with it and really like what I saw. I have been playing a game where I try to get 15 of 20 drives in between 2 flags and I finally accomplished that.

Next range session, try teeing the ball up higher and then hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 than your normal inpact point. Feels great and more distance is the result.
Got this little tidbit from Rich Shields, who found that hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 increases during his test session with this driver increased distance.

Next range session, try teeing the ball up higher and then hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 than your normal inpact point. Feels great and more distance is the result.
Got this little tidbit from Rich Shields, who found that hitting the ball higher on the face of the King F6 increases during his test session with this driver increased distance.

Nice. That's what I've been doing. My instructor wants me to have a really high tee. I have noticed that working better for me lately.

First round with the weight in the penetrating setting and I am pretty happy with it. Hit more fairways then I have the last couple rounds and felt like I was a club shorter then the last time I played there on approaches for the most part.

Has anyone played the F6 and the F6+? Just wondering which one you liked better and why.

I've been testing for two weeks, I currently am testing a F6 with stiff cobra rogue shaft and the F6+ with cobra red tie stiff both 10.5
Right now I'm leaning towards the F6 with Rogue stiff. I hit the + model well but not farther than the F6. (With weight in middle to back setting) if distance is the same the the F6 is more forgiving. I've hit many balls on my home course and distance between the two is negligible with both being a little longer than my G30 with Ping tour reg shaft and I think both feel smoother. 8 hcp, 95 mph driver ss
Can anyone tell me about the cobra rogue stiff shaft. Not much info on made for shafts.

Another round with the weight in penetrating and I think I am going to keep it that way from here on out. I am really enjoying the ball flight I'm getting and feel like it's a much better fit for me.

Bumping an old thread in anticipation of my season starting soon. I was fit into this head and was curious if anyone here had tried using the 14g weight instead of the stock 10g weight?

I'll be starting the season with mine at 11.5* weight back in towering, but could see myself moving to weight forward penetrating once the course bakes out in July.

Haven't tried heavier weights in mine but that sounds like something worth trying, I did recently put a prolaunch red low spin shaft in it with the 10 gram weight in the towering position and no weight in the penetrating position and 12 degrees of loft, it seems like a good combination so far.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bumping an old thread in anticipation of my season starting soon. I was fit into this head and was curious if anyone here had tried using the 14g weight instead of the stock 10g weight?

I'll be starting the season with mine at 11.5* weight back in towering, but could see myself moving to weight forward penetrating once the course bakes out in July.
I was pretty content with my setup until I read your post, now I'm thinking about using a 13g weight because I removed the 3g weight completely, although I think I'll experiment with lead tape first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back