Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Hit this driver A TON at a 36 hole golf outing. Camo 9* head standard setup with heavy weight back and my THCE shaft. Hit some bombs with this setup. I have struggled a lot with the ball going right on me this season. I know it's all me because at some point during the day I remembered how to hit a draw for a little while and this just came alive. I thought about lofting up to 10 again but I think the ball flight is pretty good as is so I'm going to leave this setup alone for awhile.
I still need to try my THCE shaft. I need to swap the adapters still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still need to try my THCE shaft. I need to swap the adapters still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still one of my favorite shafts ever and I love the color. I keep trying different shafts but always end up back with it in there.

Still one of my favorite shafts ever and I love the color. I keep trying different shafts but always end up back with it in there.

The Tour AD BB 6X I have in it now feels really good, and seems to be about the same profile. But man the one that @DB TT made for me just has such a good feel to it. The only real issue is my THCE shaft is about 1/2" shorter than what I'm playing now, so I might have to do some weight adjustments to the head.

For those of you who bought a Tour Length F9, what weights came on your head? Also, what was the total length of your driver?

According to the Cobra web site, Tour Length is 44.5" with 6g and 18g weights at a swingweight of D3.

Mine was shipped with 6g and 14g weights. I had called Cobra about the weights. They sent me an 18g weight.

I just measured my driver to find out it is 43.5" not 44.5".

Have you noticed the same with your driver?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I notice that cobra measures to the end of the end cap instead of to the ring. That accounts for about .25". Additionally I notice that cobra leans towards the shorter side by a little bit.

If you got 43.5" driver I would measure that again. That is a slightly long 3 wood.

For the weights, they will hotmelt and will attempt to get stock Swingweight if you dont specify anything on the order. My thriver has 18g and 6g weight, but has hot melt to get to d4.

I notice that cobra measures to the end of the end cap instead of to the ring. That accounts for about .25". Additionally I notice that cobra leans towards the shorter side by a little bit.

If you got 43.5" driver I would measure that again. That is a slightly long 3 wood.

For the weights, they will hotmelt and will attempt to get stock Swingweight if you dont specify anything on the order. My thriver has 18g and 6g weight, but has hot melt to get to d4.

I have measured it 3 times. My driver measurement to the end cap is 43.5". The swingweight is C9.

They are sending me a new uncut shaft so I can cut it to 44.5". Just have to send other shaft back to them.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Wow. Glad they are sending you a replacement.

Finding these things is a pain in the ass though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have:
Evenflow Blue 65 6.0
Oban Isawa Red 65 04
NV 2k Green 65S
Atmos Blue 7x

All with Cobra adapters. Let me know what you want to hit and all it will cost you is a beer at Butter Brook.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have:
Evenflow Blue 65 6.0
Oban Isawa Red 65 04
NV 2k Green 65S
Atmos Blue 7x

All with Cobra adapters. Let me know what you want to hit and all it will cost you is a beer at Butter Brook.

Sick man! Didn’t know you were local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I love this club. 5 drives today over 250. Last year I was lucky to have a couple over 235. That’s a first. Only had one drive that I pulled but that’s my fault on setup. Had the club a little too closed at address.
The guy I was paired with joked that I might have to go back a set of tees.
This is by far the best driver I’ve owned.

I was really liking this driver yesterday. Put a tensei pro orange 70tx into my masters edition. Ball just wanted to go far.

F9 vs Flash SZ is going down today. It’s time to settle it before the M5 enters the ring!

well my clubs shipped today, should have F9 driver, F9 fairway 3-4 and F9 irons next Tuesday.

I was really liking this driver yesterday. Put a tensei pro orange 70tx into my masters edition. Ball just wanted to go far.

I have the regular Tensei Orange 60S and the ball flight is strong, like a bullet.
Having trouble hitting straight, but that is all me.
I do it the range, but not in play....yet.

Another 9 holes today and had an absurdly good day off the tee. The amount of confidence I have right now in this club is absurd.

Another 9 holes today and had an absurdly good day off the tee. The amount of confidence I have right now in this club is absurd.

This thing makes me feel like I’m ready for the tour. Only my skill and scorecard say otherwise.

Another fun day with the F9 on a gusty, very soft mountain top course. That is if you like big carries downwind as well as into the teeth of 20 mph and ball flight that doesn’t get blown around. This thing is so fun to hit center strikes in particular are so rewarding. The ball just goes it’s addictive.

3rd hole - 425 yards downhill downwind carried it over the entire fairway and inches from OB, 85 yards from the green. Carry 300 off the top of the world

2e63d155bda753eed71e33b4ffcc40eb.jpg

Ball came to rest where divot in foreground was left. Shot over pin into back left bunker.
a314f1b3251efdd8fed6d3d8e370b325.jpg

10th hole 452 yds Par 4 Downhill with tiered fairways. Carried big draw against left crosswind and aided somewhat downwind over the fairway bunker to setup 150y gap wedge to steeply downhill green. Carry 290 to pitch mark 10 yards behind ball landed in lower fairway. To be clear, its a big carry and the hero shot everyone hopes/wishes to pull off on this hole, it makes the approach a completely different shot, 30-50 yards shorter.

80f2a31e5b65810d42c11ed9f3f0d8e1.jpg

9b5d375022e83938b66f4b55271fa175.jpg

54a44aed423227a9d696fa5b79ff36f8.jpg

Did I mention it’s consistent? 16th hole 415 yds uphill all carry into the wind, ball plugs underground in fairway. Last week 265 into wind:

7c4b5ae06218d9c63bdb583ee85a476a.jpg

Today 265 into wind:
1e48b0774a9096ca497d6a4f729d41ac.jpg

Finally the most fun hole of the round today, The 18th is 403yds slightly downhill and down/cross wind. Bombed the best one all day started it right center and let the wind work it left a touch. Left me a 54* from the 100 stake to birdie the last hole. 285 carry just a hint of draw

3406575b50bf2b07fa1270dd93e16f17.jpg

49ee36c50240e728497df973ebe74ae4.jpg

I honestly love this driver so far this year. Long and in play (sometimes in the fairway too!). Sound is great and tour length has been deadly with center contact.

I discussed it a bit in the Flash thread.

It’s a push. Either elicits the feelings of comfort and confidence I want them to right now. While that’s a me thing, there have been driver setups the last year that even when I was off, I believed they would still get me by. Not there yet with these. The F9 at times seems more fadey than I expect, and the Flash SZ just sounds kinda crummy.

With an event coming up in a couple of weeks, it’ll get settled though. Schools out after this week as well and then I can really crack down on settling it.

Finally got to play a full 18 on a dry course with my F9. Driver did pretty well, I used it on 12 holes and only had 2 I wasn't really happy with. Average of 245 with a long of 274.

Still bouncing around on shaft choice with this one. I used the ATMOS Blue 70 and it was pretty good, but I'm not entirely sold yet.

So this past saturday I played my first competition for the year, playing a stableford competition that also included a scratch stroke play class, at my club.
Well, I missed only 1 fairway on the round at that was because I slipped with my backfoot during the swing. I managed to win the scratch class with a +5 75 shots round (par in 70 on the course) which is my best ever on our not to long but tricky course with small elevated greens. Obviously I played well overall, but without all these fw hits with my driver I would never have managed the score.
F9 Speedback driver is not leaving my bag anytime soon!

I discussed it a bit in the Flash thread.

It’s a push. Either elicits the feelings of comfort and confidence I want them to right now. While that’s a me thing, there have been driver setups the last year that even when I was off, I believed they would still get me by. Not there yet with these. The F9 at times seems more fadey than I expect, and the Flash SZ just sounds kinda crummy.

With an event coming up in a couple of weeks, it’ll get settled though. Schools out after this week as well and then I can really crack down on settling it.

I had my F9 and new M5 with me this past Saturday to play. On the range before the round it was a total toss up. Both drivers were doing exactly what I wanted. 5-8 yd draw.

I had the F9 turned down to 9.5 with the Tour AD-TP6s and 14g/6g weight set up. M5 9.0 head turned up to 10.3 with 70g HZRDUS 6.0 stock length.

Played the M5 on the first 9 and never missed a fairway. Hit fw on 10 with the F9 but left a bit of distance on the table. Pulled F9 a bit on 11 and into the hazard albeit playable.

Unfortunately for me, the F9 doesn't go as far as the M5 and my 10.5 Avalanche head is now for sale. While most of the guys on this thread already own at least one F9, I've got a head with 14g, 6g, and 2g weights, HC, tool, and a spare adapter up for grabs. Can't say enough good things about this driver. The rest of bag is Cobra and I'm sure I'll continue to check in just to keep me second guessing my decision.

Bought one of these for my senior as a grad present.

Let’s just say, I have some fitting ability.

Hahahaha

Oh my goodness....

This thing hits the ball very, very, very far.

My job today was to be the aggressive player today. Multiple 300+ yard drives. Shortest drive was a crummy toe hook that still went 263.

Additionally the club can turn the ball both directions when needed.

Thriver also performed very well. Needed a 250 yard carry to clear a creek off the deck. Nailed it and even chased and caught a bit of the fringe for an up and down birdie.

Dont have good enough things to say about this driver. You are doing a disservice if you dont at least try it.

Back