Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Another trip to the golf store to hit the F9. Another day walking out disappointed I couldn't get along with it.

Early season rust, and a swing speed that seems like it has the brakes on it, and just couldn't get any useful data out of my time with it.

Slow swing speed, bad carry numbers, a case of the lefts and rights...... I really want to like the F9, just don't know if it wants to like me.

Another trip to the golf store to hit the F9. Another day walking out disappointed I couldn't get along with it.

Early season rust, and a swing speed that seems like it has the brakes on it, and just couldn't get any useful data out of my time with it.

Slow swing speed, bad carry numbers, a case of the lefts and rights...... I really want to like the F9, just don't know if it wants to like me.

Patience grasshopper - get your game/swing right then give it another go

Are you trying different shafts? I couldn’t get along with a few of them but after my fitting and finding the right match, the F9 was amazing and my misses were respectable.

I got to play on Saturday and had one of the better driving days I've had in a while, with the exception of pulling one left in to a lake. I'm really starting to get comfortable with the F9. I'd like to say it's point and shoot, but there is no driver ever that will be point and shooot for me. :D

Are you trying different shafts? I couldn’t get along with a few of them but after my fitting and finding the right match, the F9 was amazing and my misses were respectable.

So far I have tried the Regular flex Atmos, Helium, and a Stiff Hzrdus.

Of course I wasn't paying attention right off the bat in the Sim. Hitting decently straight shots, but the distance was shorter than I would normally be seeing. Headspeed was down too. So what was going on? Oh yeah, had a 3-4 wood shaft in it.

Went and grabbed the proper driver shafts, and then couldn't hit a straight ball to save my life. Normally clubhead speed wise with the driver I hover in that 95mph range, sometimes worse, sometimes better. It was just a struggle to hit 90 yeasterday. So out of practice and so stiff. Not good.

As much as I yearn for an F9 to be the answer, it just might not be, but I am willing to keep trying.

On the other side of the spectrum though, I am thinking of grabbing an Epic head (not Flash), as it was the last head that I saw some decent gains from (but never went away from my XR16).

So far I have tried the Regular flex Atmos, Helium, and a Stiff Hzrdus.

Of course I wasn't paying attention right off the bat in the Sim. Hitting decently straight shots, but the distance was shorter than I would normally be seeing. Headspeed was down too. So what was going on? Oh yeah, had a 3-4 wood shaft in it.

Went and grabbed the proper driver shafts, and then couldn't hit a straight ball to save my life. Normally clubhead speed wise with the driver I hover in that 95mph range, sometimes worse, sometimes better. It was just a struggle to hit 90 yeasterday. So out of practice and so stiff. Not good.

As much as I yearn for an F9 to be the answer, it just might not be, but I am willing to keep trying.

On the other side of the spectrum though, I am thinking of grabbing an Epic head (not Flash), as it was the last head that I saw some decent gains from (but never went away from my XR16).

Which F9 head were you using, 9* or 10.5*? Also, try an EvenFlow blue shaft its it is available. Its a no-charge order option, but can be harder to find for demo. Also, if you liked the ball flight of the wood shaft, then a tour length club may fit you best.

I just picked up an Oban Kiyoshi 55 for the Rogue, if that shaft feels good next round I'll order an F9... now I am just not sure if I want to just have Cobra install that sucker at a serious expense, or go down the clubmaker route and start messing with adapter changes etc. The plan is still to carry two drivers.

I know this is a more exotic shaft but I haven't found anyone who has either used one or used a stock shaft option that compared well to it.

Which F9 head were you using, 9* or 10.5*? Also, try an EvenFlow blue shaft its it is available. Its a no-charge order option, but can be harder to find for demo. Also, if you liked the ball flight of the wood shaft, then a tour length club may fit you best.
Using the 10.5, with weight forward and back tinkering.

I really wanted to try out the 9* head, but of course it was missing off the fitting cart. By the time the rep came back to me to see if I wanted to try anything else, I had already gone through all of the setups I had wanted to try (except the different head).

Interesting... dropped into Golf Galaxy today and the Rogue with 45 inch Kiyoshi Purple 55regular topped off at 261...

F9 with Atmos regular at 252. F9 with atmos stiff at 259.

They didn’t have any more shafts on hand, anyone else recommend a different shaft?

Otherwise, the rogue may just stay in the bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... dropped into Golf Galaxy today and the Rogue with 45 inch Kiyoshi Purple 55regular topped off at 261...

F9 with Atmos regular at 252. F9 with atmos stiff at 259.

They didn’t have any more shafts on hand, anyone else recommend a different shaft?

Otherwise, the rogue may just stay in the bag

Have you tried the Helium shaft or the evenflow?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ll see if any local shops have a LM and those shafts in stock.

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Ha ha ha ha when you go to clean your clubs and were striping it on Sunday

95009ff5cae1f884e002802a32f1fe71.jpg

During my driver fitting, the Evenflow made a night and day difference for me. I was able to load and time it 100% better than everything else I had tried. When I mishit it, the misses were small.

During my driver fitting, the Evenflow made a night and day difference for me. I was able to load and time it 100% better than everything else I had tried. When I mishit it, the misses were small.

Finding these things is a pain in the ass though!

that's the way it goes, dude! No two swings are the same, and we're fortunate to have a TON of great options in 2019.

Don't fight it. Find what works.

I hit this thing for the first time passing through Scheels the other day. Good Lord is this thing a pleasure to hit. A very powerful feel off the face. I sold an extra shaft and just so happen to have enough burning a hole in my PayPal account. The last thing I need is to start a driver battle now that the season has kicked off. Right???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hit this thing for the first time passing through Scheels the other day. Good Lord is this thing a pleasure to hit. A very powerful feel off the face. I sold an extra shaft and just so happen to have enough burning a hole in my PayPal account. The last thing I need is to start a driver battle now that the season has kicked off. Right???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

c5939f0b2a3e0abee8f6c65364d04916.gif

For me, the F9 is the best feeling/sounding driver I have ever hit. It feels so satisfying when nutted.

Me thinks it’s time to try the F9 with the Tensei shaft in it this weekend - need to regrip and get a sensor in there shaft is also Tour Length

Me thinks it’s time to try the F9 with the Tensei shaft in it this weekend - need to regrip and get a sensor in there shaft is also Tour Length

The Tensei is such a good shaft. I kind of wish I went that route instead of Helium as I think its fantastic in both my fwys. Luckily I have another shaft I plugged in that I'm comfortable with:angel:

Remind me - where do you have the weights?

Ironically, heavy weight forward, because the sound is even better with the heavy weight back.

The Tensei is such a good shaft. I kind of wish I went that route instead of Helium as I think its fantastic in both my fwys

I’m having great success with it in the EXS -

the head is the engine, just wondering if I need a new transmission lol

Hit this driver A TON at a 36 hole golf outing. Camo 9* head standard setup with heavy weight back and my THCE shaft. Hit some bombs with this setup. I have struggled a lot with the ball going right on me this season. I know it's all me because at some point during the day I remembered how to hit a draw for a little while and this just came alive. I thought about lofting up to 10 again but I think the ball flight is pretty good as is so I'm going to leave this setup alone for awhile.

I have been working my way back from some back issues and hadn’t bee able to hit this driver since the third week in March. I finally got out on the range with it yesterday and was immediately comfortable with it. For me, the Swing Caddy SC200 seems to be a couple miles per hour slow on club speed, but pretty accurate with ball speed when hitting driver. For just getting back at it, 145 is a good number. Even better, the window the ball was going into was perfect for rollout and I could tell from watching the ball flight that it was within an optimal spin range.

I have a few shafts for my F9, but this was set up with my shaft as it came for the Morgan Cup, 9 degrees, heavy weight forward, Hzrdus Yellow 6.0. The feel and sound are simply unmatched, imo.

Attachments

• F94993BC-9426-4C72-82AF-E5C760AC3651.jpeg
    F94993BC-9426-4C72-82AF-E5C760AC3651.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back