Cobra King For A Month - THPers Get Royal Treatment - February

Why should I be King?

I games Cobra gear back in the days of the Gravity Back. So much has changed over the years with gear and Cobra has made great leaps and bounds in that area. My game and life have been missing the Cobra logo for sometime. It's time to turn the clock back and be King of the Month.

I'm fit to be king because I'm already ruling the tee box with my 10.5D* Verdant Green Fly-Z driver. I need more CPG goodness to expand my domain to the rest of the course in style.

I am fit to be King for several reasons:

1. I love Cobra products. I have used them for years and they are always of the highest quality.

2. Like everyone else,I love trying new product and would like to be able to give my thoughts and recommendations to everyone in THP land.

3. Living in Central California, I am able to play year round. Whether it's 36 degrees or 110 degrees, I am out there every weekend on the course. So I have ability to use or wear virtually any piece of equipment or garment without restriction or complication due to weather.

4. It would just be cool as heck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really cool and thank you Cobra and THP for the chance.

What makes you fit to be King? Well on top of the fact that King Lynchburg just sounds bad ass, I am built for it. Seriously same size as Napoleon and look at the leader he was. Plus I can flip big tires over and over and over again so that has to be a king like quality.

I am fit to be King because my wife always tells me she is Queen, so I assume that makes me King!

In seriousness being King would be an honor for me. Gravity back irons were the first non Walmart brand of clubs that I ever had and I played those for many years. I have played Cobra woods for the last 4 years and don't see that changing. Cobra is a leader in club technology, Puma is a leader in apparel and I am chomping at the bit to be King for a month!

This sounds freaking awesome!!!!!!! Entry coming later.

This is a great idea!!! I like that it changes month to month.
It'll be cool to see how it evolves over time, fun for us to watch as much for the king!

I am fit to be King! I would love to be Cobra, Puma King. Cobra, Puma has been a huge blind spot for me as a golfer and being King for a month would be an excellent way to educate myself and others about their new products.

Such an awesome idea!

What make me fit to be king?
I love trying out new things, whether they be clothes, equipment, or anything else. I really enjoy trying to find out what works for me on the golf course. I just moved to a new area and really need to get out and try some of the local clubs so this would give me a great reason to go.

What makes me fit to be a King?

A true king is humble, like myself. You won't find a guy more likely to downplay his abilities than myself. Winters are long here in the north as well, and knowing a wealth of prizes would be on the way would make it much more bearable. Sim Golf is a passable substitute for a king, but a true king needs to be out on a course!

#KingOfTheNorth #THPKingForAMonth

I am fit to be a king because I rule my kingdom with an iron first. Not really, but I would like to try my hand a reviewing equipment and I really love Cobra/Puma gear. The Fly-Z is the best driver for me that I have played with the Bio Cell being right behind it.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity Cobra & THP.

https://twitter.com/MikeBurnham18/status/685563976210591745

What makes me fit to be a King?

I feel there are a few reasons why I am fit to be a King. If I become a King I will work relentlessly for "my people" to provide them with everything they need, in this case reviews of the items. I have the ability to listen to what people want and provide them with it. I have a refined taste and prefer the finer things in life, such as new releases and anything new, lol. And hey every King is chauffeured around his land and I have always had a ride to THP outings and get togethers, never drive myself(Thanks CJ!). I love to try new and shiney equipment and have new clothes and such! I feel I am fit to be a king.

I just caught on the original post that the winner will be announced live at the PGA show, pretty awesome.

I am fit to be the king because I am a huge fan of all things COBRA/PUMA. You can see my bag is almost entirely COBRA, including the bag itself!!! I also don't even own any golf apparel that isn't Puma. I hit the course from my socks to my hat in PUMA gear no matter the conditions. My reign as king would be well deserved because the excitement and pride I already have for the brand would overfloweth just like my royal chalice of booze as I sip from my thrown. I would be able to share my passion with the rest of this forum and anyone else who wants to know why COBRA/PUMA is my first choice when it comes to golf equipment and apparel. Does PUMA make boxer briefs? I would rock those too.

Oh and BTW, Send me some hightops!!!!

Awesome!! What makes me fit to be a king??
I have a crown, communication skills and a desire to do what's best.

Alas, I'm unfit to be King this month... but come March the snow shall subside, and I will lead an insurrection the likes which have never been seen! And the crown shall be taken by force (or something something like that)

Good luck THPers!

Awesome contest!
What makes me fit to be King? Well my name is Kang and King Kang has a nice ring to it. King Kong has nothing on me!

I am fit to be King because I'm left handed and we make the best of Kings.

Last edited:
What makes you fit to be King?

Simple. A love of Cobra products, the desire to never settle and an insatiable lust to rule over all of my loyal subjects!

I would love to be King For A Month, I have no distinguishing qualities that set me apart from my forum family members but I will as always give it my best and be the best King I can be.

WOW!

I'm fit to be king because, I'm never at a loss for words.....until now. But, as JB and Eminem said. You own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

This is going to be a heck of a contest and an awesome follow.

I'm fit to be King just for my love of the game and would (be it only for a month) do my best to review wisely, honestly and answer any and all of my subjects questions.

Aannnnd Rule with an iron fist!!! .... Err umm scratch that ....
And rule with humility and compassion!

It's good to be "THE KING"
?

Last edited:
Am I fit to be King? I sure am. I'm fit to be King because I can play a lot of golf and I can tell everyone about what I'm using. Details from a completely average golfer. Don't even get me started on the Mel Brooks movies...

Its good to be the king.

29zvayf.jpg
Love this!

Everyone's entries are great! Good stuff fellow THPers!

Sweet!

Q: What makes me fit to be a King?

A: I'm actually related to the late Princess Dianna on my Mothers side, true story! You've gotta love genealogy! Seriously though, being the ruler of the Monarchy of Golf, suits me very well! What better staff to rule with than a King driver, and Puma cloths fit for a King!

Back