Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

I've got a HZRDUS Yellow all set up to give this beauty a go again this weekend. Really excited to see what that pairing can do.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts ...I want a Hzrdus yellow in a bad way.

Hahaha this driver is stupid. I love it. Will be tough to knock out of the bag. Capped my day off with a GPSed 292 yard carry dead center down the line. That's filthy long for me.

Hahaha this driver is stupid. I love it. Will be tough to knock out of the bag. Capped my day off with a GPSed 292 yard carry dead center down the line. That's filthy long for me.
Great drive on 18 for sure.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Was that with the HZRDUS?

There's one thing about the LTD that really intrigues me, and I'd love to learn more about why it happens.

When I make contact higher on the face (not ultra higher, just notably above center and under the crown line) the feedback I get is comparable to a miss off the heel or toe.. Maybe it's sound changing a bit, but it feels/sounds like I am losing a decent amount of that 'mash' that I get off dead center.

With that in mind, I still hammer the ball up there. AMart gave me some grief for saying I 'missed' my drive on 18 yesterday in that exact location, and it turned out to be one of my biggest carries with the LTD in the bag. it's really interesting, but I don't hate it for doing that. I love gaining a better understanding of where I am hitting on the face beyond just leaving some dirt on my ball and seeing where the contact location is. I just need to get used to hammering drives that feel like a bit of a miss.

Well I couldn't wait any longer after hearing Canadan gush over this driver. There was a LTD with a HZRDUS Black 6.0 shaft on eBay as a $299 Buy it Now this morning until I saw it. If the shaft is not the perfect one I'll swap it for something else as I already have a couple shafts I like from my Fly Z+ that are interchangeable with this LTD. I can't wait for it to arrive!:act-up:

I heard Crossfield say something about this head. The weight is so in the bottom that strikes above the equator may not feel as solid but the launch angle is kicked up and the spin rate will be kicked down and the ball speed is to good. All of that equals good parameters. I also believe I saw another review that the sweet spot (COG) is not truly in the center of the face.
There's one thing about the LTD that really intrigues me, and I'd love to learn more about why it happens.

When I make contact higher on the face (not ultra higher, just notably above center and under the crown line) the feedback I get is comparable to a miss off the heel or toe.. Maybe it's sound changing a bit, but it feels/sounds like I am losing a decent amount of that 'mash' that I get off dead center.

With that in mind, I still hammer the ball up there. AMart gave me some grief for saying I 'missed' my drive on 18 yesterday in that exact location, and it turned out to be one of my biggest carries with the LTD in the bag. it's really interesting, but I don't hate it for doing that. I love gaining a better understanding of where I am hitting on the face beyond just leaving some dirt on my ball and seeing where the contact location is. I just need to get used to hammering drives that feel like a bit of a miss.

Well I couldn't wait any longer after hearing Canadan gush over this driver. There was a LTD with a HZRDUS Black 6.0 shaft on eBay as a $299 Buy it Now this morning until I saw it. If the shaft is not the perfect one I'll swap it for something else as I already have a couple shafts I like from my Fly Z+ that are interchangeable with this LTD. I can't wait for it to arrive!:act-up:

My job here is done... hahahahaha!

Looking forward to hearing how it performs for you TB!!!

Thank you for buying this and keeping my marriage intact because I was in very hard ponder mode on that one. The black 6.0 is a heck of a shaft too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan is killing me with all his rave reviews - I want this club. But it's just not in the budget right now. I saw your LTD pro on the Bay last night and nearly pulled the trigger (again, not in the budget). Thankfully it was the Pro model so my will power was aided by the loft/fade bias of that model. Hit it well!

if you don't like the shaft let me know. I know a guy interested in that shaft

Dan is killing me with all his rave reviews - I want this club. But it's just not in the budget right now. I saw your LTD pro on the Bay last night and nearly pulled the trigger (again, not in the budget). Thankfully it was the Pro model so my will power was aided by the loft/fade bias of that model. Hit it well!

Im not 100% sure on the Pro vs. regular head but I do play a draw and I'm a high ball hitter that has always preferred low spinning heads such as my Callaway DBD. From my limited range time with both LTD heads I liked the flight of the Pro head best set at 9.0 fade. Something tells me I'm going to like this set up!

Last edited:
Im not 100% sure on the Pro vs. regular head but I do play a draw and I'm a high ball hitter that has always preferred low spinning heads and from my limited range time with both heads I liked the flight of the Pro head best set at 9.0 fade. Something tells me I'm going to like this set up!

Go to Cobra's website and read their description of the two clubs. I think you will be happy.

Finally got to hit this driver tonight. The sales associate at GolfTown said it was their best seller in the past few weeks and they can't keep them on the shelves which was really surprising to me. They still have oodles of FlyZ and Bio Cell models just rotting on the racks so Cobra must have really done something right here.

I compared it directly against my 915D2, both with Rogue Black and both at 12*. The LTD sounds better without a doubt and feels more explosive in the ears and hands. The sound is tough to put into words but it's good. LTD had 2MPH more ball speed on average which was nice to see and resulted in about 3-6 yards more carry - most of my contact was center or just heelside of center with both clubs.
Launch and Spin between the two clubs was nearly identical on my best strikes, within a degree and within a few hundred rpm.

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

I am on the lookout for the ltd head so I can get it outside and see if my results translate from the simulator. This thing is a monster

I really really want to give this driver some swings

I really really want to give this driver some swings

Don't do it unless you've got $400 laying around doing nothing.

Don't do it unless you've got $400 laying around doing nothing.

I've become pretty good at hitting and not buying...but a new driver sounds so fun! Lol

Can be found under $400 pretty easily. Definitely worth swinging. She's a beauty!

Or be one of the lucky ones to be in club clash
Or sign up for King for a month and hope to get lucky that it's included in the package :bashful:

I know this one has a lot of enamor to it, hell I am tinkering with one off and on right now, but I really encourage people not to sleep on the F6 just because it isn't 0 CG. It will fit a LOT of people, and it shouldn't be written off as a "spinner" as I know some have done with it.

Cobra has a hell of a complete line right now, go hit them all.

Back