Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

So want to hit this club. A man can want right?

I've got a HZRDUS Yellow all set up to give this beauty a go again this weekend. Really excited to see what that pairing can do.
I bet it's a monster combo! Battle of hzrdus equipped drivers!

Spent quite a bit of time with Cobra this week and have some great content coming about this driver and the CG talk about it (and others).

Very interested to see how it compares to Bio+ too. Been a real good driver for me but I'm ready to upgrade.

tracking says it will be here Saturday so I might just luck out and get to take it to the range Saturday. Will spend a lot of time with both drivers and all 3 shafts

Spent quite a bit of time with Cobra this week and have some great content coming about this driver and the CG talk about it (and others).

I really can't wait, the tech behind this one and getting a TRUE zero CG build is much more impressive than I think most realize.

The king and f6 plus are the best drivers cobra has made. I've had bio cell plus, fly z plus, bio cell pro. The new drivers are better in every detail. Except the headcovers

I really can't wait, the tech behind this one and getting a TRUE zero CG build is much more impressive than I think most realize.
I am seriously intrigues by this driver. But one thing I don't understand is why so many people are reporting lower launch angles even though the club has zero CG. I might have thought ZCG would result in the opposite effect. Any thoughts about what's going on?

Lower launch angles are a mystery to me. King launches easily

I am seriously intrigues by this driver. But one thing I don't understand is why so many people are reporting lower launch angles even though the club has zero CG. I might have thought ZCG would result in the opposite effect. Any thoughts about what's going on?

Lower launch angles are a mystery to me. King launches easily

You MUST keep in mind that as with ANY club things fit different people differently. No swing is the same in terms of AoA, spin generation, whatever.

For me, I've got a HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 in it, a low/low shaft pairing, which for me is not ideal, hence the low launch aspect of the head.

YES, the CG aspect of the head creates launch with lower spin, but as with any release there is more to it than that wen it comes to the individual.

Got it, thanks. I don't remember seeing anyone saying they needed to bring launch down, just some saying the opposite. It seems curious given the technology and how it is supposed to affect launch. I'm not knocking the club, just trying to understand the technology..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it, thanks. I don't remember seeing anyone saying they needed to bring launch down, just some saying the opposite. It seems curious given the technology and how it is supposed to affect launch. I'm not knocking the club, just trying to understand the technology..

I'm in the same boat buddy. It actually makes me want to hit it even more and I really hope to see the amazing tech produce tangible results.

I hit this driver a couple weeks back and really enjoyed it. Need to get a few more reps with it though, I didn't get much of a chance to dial it. I love the look and sound though, and it's pretty forgiving.

I'm in the same boat buddy. It actually makes me want to hit it even more and I really hope to see the amazing tech produce tangible results.

The tech is 100% legit.

I've got adapters coming and will be plugging a Miya White 72X in mine for tinkering on the opposite end of the spectrum as whats in it now. Should be a hoot.

I still don't see it unseating the GBB for me (just a filthy forgiving weapon off the tee for me), but its been a TON of fun to mess with.

So I've read comments in reviews of other clubs where it has been said the feel or sound is addicting. I finally now know what those reviewers meant. This is by far my favorite sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit, for me it really is addicting. I was able to get to the simulator today and this club gives me some serious confidence. I'm seeing am increase in distance from my Biocell but more importantly, my consistency has improved. Mishits are giving me good distance while keeping the ball much closer to the fairway. I absolutely can't wait until spring gets here to get this outside!

To those that have already spent some time with the LTD, can you speak to whether you see a significant difference in spin and/or carry numbers as you get above center on the clubface. Have read and watched where the LTD (and some other Cobra drivers) really seem to come alive when you get them above center. I have seen that to a certain extent with the G30 and LS Tec, but not to a huge extent.

(Of course, I don't have big swing speed, either, so maybe that would have more of an impact when getting up on the lower-spin portion of the club face.)

This is by far my favorite sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit, for me it really is addicting.

so. much. this. it's a weird thing, it's a driver i've tested that has been pretty far down the list as far as proper launch, spin, etc, but i want to make it work SO BADLY. the feel and dispersion is that good.

THP has a video hitting the home page on this driver in the next couple of days that will blow your mind in terms of tech talk with one of the brightest minds in golf. It covers CG, MOI, forgiveness, and every piece that makes up this club.

Stay tuned for a brilliant tech talk segment.

THP has a video hitting the home page on this driver in the next couple of days that will blow your mind in terms of tech talk with one of the brightest minds in golf. It covers CG, MOI, forgiveness, and every piece that makes up this club.

VERY much looking forward to it.

...I'm seeing am increase in distance from my Biocell but more importantly, my consistency has improved. Mishits are giving me good distance while keeping the ball much closer to the fairway.

Don't tease me!

This sounds awesome thanks

so. much. this. it's a weird thing, it's a driver i've tested that has been pretty far down the list as far as proper launch, spin, etc, but i want to make it work SO BADLY. the feel and dispersion is that good.

Lucky for me my swing naturally produces a high trajectory so that hasn't been a big issue. The problem I always face is I also produce a huge amount of spin. I am still seeing high spin numbers, but the results are better. Part of me thinks the performance I am seeing is mental. I feel so good with this in hand I feel confident even a bad swing won't be overly punished. I've had that confidence in other clubs like my old Callaway Diablo Octane 3 wood, but never with a driver.

Can't wait. So much cool info!

About 12 hours away from getting this head back out there with the hzrdus yellow in it. So excited!!!! I hope it's a monster.

About 12 hours away from getting this head back out there with the hzrdus yellow in it. So excited!!!! I hope it's a monster.

It will be a beast.

Back