Cobra KING MIM Wedges

Another round with these, and honestly am absolutely loving them. Anywhere from about 120 and in I can use them. Especially enjoying the 60 which just seems to flick the ball onto the green from any lie, whether it be the fluffy stuff or tight lies. As long as I commit to the shot then I'm confident that it's going on the green. Really love these clubs, actually give me confidence looking down at them. The 56 is an absolute go to from 75 - 85 yards half shot.

Now all I need to do is work on alignment so they go where I want them to :ROFLMAO:

I just went and chipped with one of these and continue to like what I see. I loved the PUR wedges, but these are really good too.

I...love...these...wedges.

Ball striking much better yesterday, and had the 50 - 80 yards dialled in nicely. Soft strike and the balls were checking up exactly as I wanted them to. Am finally getting my short game back under control a little. Can't wait to hit them again!

I...love...these...wedges.

Ball striking much better yesterday, and had the 50 - 80 yards dialled in nicely. Soft strike and the balls were checking up exactly as I wanted them to. Am finally getting my short game back under control a little. Can't wait to hit them again!
Nice!

Played 3 more rounds over this weekend, while Sunday's round was a bit disappointing, I've been very impressed by the MIM wedges. They have helped me build my game from 50 - 100 yds. Cobra has nailed the feel and the grind on these puppies.

Was starting to think my game was gone for good. Amazing what one little swing thought can do, made all the difference!

Was starting to think my game was gone for good. Amazing what one little swing thought can do, made all the difference!
This game is a fickle beast.

Chipped in from for birdie from 26 yds out over a bunker today with the 58! Haven't done that in a while. Was a par 5 where my second shot hit a tree and somehow ended up back in the fairway. Hit a hybrid up near the green then chipped it in for the only birdie of the round.

I had gotten away from using the 58 for anything other than high flop type shots but getting more comfortable with it the last few rounds. I kind of like that both my wedges are versatile grind so the only thought I have is distance.

I just went and chipped with one of these and continue to like what I see. I loved the PUR wedges, but these are really good too.

I think these are better than the PURs for me - incorporates the soft, wonderful of the PUR, but have held up and proven to be very durability similar to the King Black. Make me forget about the unreleased QPQ wedges lol.

Chipped in from for birdie from 26 yds out over a bunker today with the 58! Haven't done that in a while. Was a par 5 where my second shot hit a tree and somehow ended up back in the fairway. Hit a hybrid up near the green then chipped it in for the only birdie of the round.

I had gotten away from using the 58 for anything other than high flop type shots but getting more comfortable with it the last few rounds. I kind of like that both my wedges are versatile grind so the only thought I have is distance.

Who are you? Golf soon?

These are fast surpassing my love of the PUR wedge as my favorite Cobra wedge.

Playing Sunday Cobra Connect Sand handicap was a 1.7 hit greenside bunkers 5x - got up and down on two of them two of them had good proximity to the hole just missed the putts and the 5th one was downhill lie in the bunker with the pin shortside and water long, got out but it was not good haha

the touch shots from tight lies and thick rough is great. The versatile grind continues to be just that versatile, was really concerned about moving on from the WL - but the wedges just perform.

I will be putting a DG115 shaft in a 50* that I picked up and I am also considering reshafting the 54 with a DG115 as well - I also picked up a special 56* that I will bend to 58 which would give me 12* of bounce vs the 10.

Not sure how the lighter weight will perform, but hoping it gaps to the irons (DG105) better and we see some performance gains mostly on the full shots.

Cobra is not known as a wedge brand, but man, if more people gave these a shot, they might be.

Another great couple rounds with the MIM wedges. Monday chipping handicap per Arccos showing at single digits. :eek:

Chipped in for birdie on Mondays round from about 25 yards.

3773BD97-FB3E-4936-9ED9-A268185FA7A3.jpeg
B4EBA479-24AE-47AC-9B64-D4A5D9AD2C91.jpeg

And again today from about 20 yards for par. This was after going way over the green with gap wedge and a bit short with first 56*shot. Today's chipping handicap in low single digits. (y)

D4ECA1C0-CC32-4359-8871-481393F835D9.jpeg
A81E6F2B-E65D-4D44-B963-AC2922895AE2.jpeg

These wedges are absolutely phenomenal. Last night I was hitting everything from partial chips to full 52s into greens and they felt incredible. Just buttery soft off the face and stopping like a dime. Now if only I could fix my alignment and aim a little then I'll be golden! With a little bit of time working on properly dialing in partial distances, these things are going to be lethal from 100 and in. Love them, love them, love them!

I have really liked the MiM wedges. I had been holding out for the OL MiM wedge release, but when I saw today that there were only two lofts available in OL, I switched gears. I just ordered a 50 degree MiM wedge bent strong to go with my 52 and 56 MiM already in the bag.

I plan to replace the OL forged tec GW with this one. I have not chipped or played partial shots well with the OL wedges and rarely hit a full GW anyway.

I have really liked the MiM wedges. I had been holding out for the OL MiM wedge release, but when I saw today that there were only two lofts available in OL, I switched gears. I just ordered a 50 degree MiM wedge bent strong to go with my 52 and 56 MiM already in the bag.

I plan to replace the OL forged tec GW with this one. I have not chipped or played partial shots well with the OL wedges and rarely hit a full GW anyway.
I would not hesitate to do exactly that. In my view the MIM blends beautifully with the Forged Tecs and if you bend it how you want then it should just feel like an extension. My 52 is my 125 club and does everything I could every ask of it.

MIM wedges continue to perform for me. No matter where I am around the green, super confident that I will be up on it with my MIM wedges in hand.

For the third time this week, had another chip in. This time from 16 yards out.

Safe to say that these have earned their spot in the bag. :ROFLMAO:

Shout out to CPG for sending me some new wedges after the shafts broke on mine. They sent the King Black with DG 105 instead of the MIM. Trying both out I can say that the MIM are softer feeling than the Black. The Black are a little more clicky on contact. Feel similar to my previous wedges (Cleveland RTX 2.0) I love the black finish.

Cobra is now selling the black versions of the MIM wedges, with additional grinds (versatile, classic, and widelow :love:)

Last edited:
Shout out to CPG for sending me some new wedges after the shafts broke on mine. They sent the King Black with DG 105 instead of the MIM. Trying both out I can say that the MIM are softer feeling than the Black. The Black are a little more clicky on contact. Feel similar to my previous wedges (Cleveland RTX 2.0) I love the black finish.
I loved the Black wedges but I do like the softer feel of the MIM. The new black ones might be the best of both worlds!

I loved the Black wedges but I do like the softer feel of the MIM. The new black ones might be the best of both worlds!
The new black MIM are going to be awesome! We will have to see if @jfrigo1003 grabs some to give us feedback!

4E804994-B4D1-46C2-A8D2-0DE5B356B76B.jpeg
Popped the orange out for a stealth black look. I know these are not the MiM but needed to show off the new wedges somewhere!

Currently playing a mix of MD 3 MD4 and PM I decided - based on looks and reviews here - to order a set of 52, 56 and 60 MIM’s. Order placed yesterday and pretty excited to game these.

MIM wedges continue to perform for me. No matter where I am around the green, super confident that I will be up on it with my MIM wedges in hand.

For the third time this week, had another chip in. This time from 16 yards out.

Safe to say that these have earned their spot in the bag. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should. However, I wanted to give you some props for your chipping success. Three chip ins in a week is awesome!

I love the 58 for various shots around the green. (I'm playing the 54 and 58)

I cant wait til my black MIM's ship.... no word yet on shipment. I know every OEM is behind schedule and understandably so. Currently waiting on a standard SZ 3w, FT 2i utility and the 3 black wedges

These continue to impress - between these and the Forged Tec irons my GIRs stats have been pretty freaking good

In my last three rounds GIRs are as follows:

9/18
8/18
8/18

Now to figure out how to putt... POP!

The all black version of these wedges look incredible.

Back