Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Anyone else think Bryson was going to cave in the face the way he kept jabbing his finger on it in the video?

There is a ton to love about this putter. The DLT technology sounds amazing and is something that really interests me.

and we were just talking about putters LOL

How do you feel about a 34" putter with 35* of Toe Hang? The sound video they did in the tech studio is fantastic it sounds soooooo good.

I like the sensor embedded in the Lamkin sink grip. I really want to roll this.
The sensor in the grip is something I definitely noticed and could be a game changer for those who like cobra connect

This is an interesting way to produce clubs, it will be awesome to see the support behind this that will allow it to expand, once the technology becomes more streamlined it will be interesting to see if the feel will be able to be adjusted sort of like a specific paint in a mixer.

I finally got time to read the full article and watch the videos and WOOWWWWWWW. I knew I wanted one but now I think I need to have one.

That black middle section definitely gives it a Cure vibe. Fortunately based on the video it won't give the god awful Cure sound!

Here's a question. Is Cobra becoming the leader in innovation in golf? MIM, 3D printing, milled wrap-around driver faces. They seem to be bringing new ideas to the table faster than others in the market.
I think every manufacturer brings new ideas to the table. It's just different ideas or different applications. Callaway actually used MIM first, just not a whole club. Their work with the AI face has been hugely successful. They had cup face on irons, among other things. TM brought out moveable weights and completely changed driver design. Adams had speed pockets. Ping used turbulators and now almost every company has had some kind of bumps on the crown and/or sole for aerodynamics. Cobra has a little more leeway to be radical, in my opinion, because that's part of their identity. Titleist can't really come out with a lime green driver or people would burn down their offices. They have their own tech with the concept series and new metals in the driver.

As far as the putter itself, love it. Not a fan of the name or the price, but it looks excellent.

Reactions: KEV
I am fine with this and probably a great putter but a single length and produced by 3D printing should be much more cost effective? $399 is in custom fit price range seemingly?

I am fine with this and probably a great putter but a single length and produced by 3D printing should be much more cost effective? $399 is in custom fit price range seemingly?
Cost is likely due to a limited release and outsourcing the build. 3D printing is much more cost effective if you own the equipment.

Given this is a limited release I don't think price will be that big of a factor, but $399 from a company not known for its putters might be a tough hurdle to climb if this was a mass produced release. Be curious to see how this one plays out.

Reason I bring this up as in the Ping Prime Tyne PLD thread it was mentioned that their $399-440 price tag was thought of to be pretty high and that was for a milled limited release putter.

I understand 3D printing as a strategy as it came into medical devices years ago (I was an FDA official back when) and now much more sophisticated things than putters being done to cut costs and to mass produce but also used to change options on things like parts of orthopedic devices. My point is that they could have had at least several lengths with heads designed for them and/or could have negotiated use of the printer more to get a more competitive price point and sold a lot more. This same putter at $199 would likely fly off the shelves but perhaps they plan a larger release and options later.

I understand 3D printing as a strategy as it came into medical devices years ago (I was an FDA official back when) and now much more sophisticated things than putters being done to cut costs and to mass produce but also used to change options on things like parts of orthopedic devices. My point is that they could have had at least several lengths with heads designed for them and/or could have negotiated use of the printer more to get a more competitive price point and sold a lot more. This same putter at $199 would likely fly off the shelves but perhaps they plan a larger release and options later.

The future is discussed at the bottom of the article. Pretty fascinating stuff if it comes to pass.

Will see how it goes and good for them for trying to be innovative as 3D printing could reshape industry to some extent.

This is an intriguing putter. I like the lattice in the middle and I also get a cure feel from looking at it from the top... just a tad.

I like this putter and see the potential for customization... and would be willing to pay their asking price if I could get it customized the way I'd like. Like maybe with red lattice, blue body, white neck, and a blue shaft...
Or orange lattice, black body, black neck, and an orange shaft...
Or gold lattice, black body, black neck, and a black shaft...
Or... or... or...:D maybe something with sugar skulls on it...:D

I am curious on the 34" length only. :unsure:

I’m glad to see it’s not an Anser-style putter! I’m not sure, but the word “Truss” comes to mind when I look at it.

I get a Cure, Truss, and Aidhm trifecta vibe?!🤷‍♂️
Are we looking at the same pictures? I guess I can see the Cure with the extended areas on heel/toe though nowhere near as large and maybe Aidhm with the lines in the black but Truss? I don't see that at all

I wish the top line was a little less round as it does remind me of the cure putter. Other than that all other angles look good.
As far as cost, I do not think the savings is as much as you think at this point.
From what I know 3d printing set up fee is low but the cost per unit is higher than traditional methods.
Traditional methods the set up cost is high but cost per unit is lower than 3d printing.
I also know Cobra has brand new 3d printing technology they are working with that is much quicker and more suited for mass production so those stats above could be in the process of being changed.

Are we looking at the same pictures? I guess I can see the Cure with the extended areas on heel/toe though nowhere near as large and maybe Aidhm with the lines in the black but Truss? I don't see that at all
Truss with the indentions on the neck...

Cure, for me, less so on the curvature of the toe... that's more wedge shaped... but on the back it's reminiscient of a cure...

And it's Lefty too... so there may be hope.

Truss with the indentions on the neck...

Cure, for me, less so on the curvature of the toe... that's more wedge shaped... but on the back it's reminiscient of a cure...
Ok that I can see but this is nowhere near as UGLY as a Truss haha

while blade putters are not my preferred style, I appreciate Cobra pushing the envelope on new club build methods and would think 38 printing would improve upon tolerance issues seen today. This is pretty exciting tech they are bringing to the table.

Let's see a midmallet!

Back