Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I confirmed today on course that the 3 iron will not be in the bag. One shot was amazing around 225 yards and the others were 180-200. The 21 degree hybrid Radspeed is just to easy to deal with this nonsense. The 4 iron however could work its way in. 200 yard carries on three practice shots from the deck. Not sure yet. They do look nice though.

love the feedback! Sounds like you’ll have a good mix IMO!

I will keep working on ball striking with the long irons for practice but I am pretty set with playing the hybrids. Just so much easier. 3 woods are easier to hit correctly that 3 irons. I’ll work with it through winter then post numbers

Are these due to be updated this year?

Are these due to be updated this year?
New this year so I doubt it. They don’t need an update. Every bit as good as any iron on the market.

Had a chance to take a look at these and the King forged Tec on the fitter cart today. Disappointed that I didn’t give these a chance the first time around but excited to give them some swings next Saturday. This is a serious looking iron in either finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New this year so I doubt it. They don’t need an update. Every bit as good as any iron on the market.
I thought they were released in 2020 and the copper was this year?

Had a chance to take a look at these and the King forged Tec on the fitter cart today. Disappointed that I didn’t give these a chance the first time around but excited to give them some swings next Saturday. This is a serious looking iron in either finish.

they are such great irons! They do everything great and look great as well!

they are such great irons! They do everything great and look great as well!

I initially was put off by the “better player” category for some reason but this is a great looking way to step out of a GI iron.

I initially was put off by the “better player” category for some reason but this is a great looking way to step out of a GI iron.

Much more forgiving than they look. They are smaller than the GI irons on the market but easy to hit

I thought they were released in 2020 and the copper was this year?

COVID pushed the release back.

Much more forgiving than they look. They are smaller than the GI irons on the market but easy to hit

Would have liked to have a few more minutes to compare sizing side by side with a few other irons, especially between OEMs.

Would have liked to have a few more minutes to compare sizing side by side with a few other irons, especially between OEMs.

Slightly longer in length than Apex Pro but thats the best I can think of. They remind me of the older Titleist AP2.

Cobra nailed the look, blade length is a touch longer then I usually like, but the top line and offset more then make up for it.

I've not seen or hit another iron in this category that I feel this comfortable over the ball with. I know I was gifted these through the Morgan Cup but I've also been very clear, these irons were going in my bag regardless.

I've not seen or hit another iron in this category that I feel this comfortable over the ball with. I know I was gifted these through the Morgan Cup but I've also been very clear, these irons were going in my bag regardless.

And my second choice was the Mizuno HMP or Forged (liked both and got good results though they were both lower spinning) These irons stop. The more I give them the better they treat me. They don't let me away with horrible golf swings but the flight, sound, and feel will keep these in the bag. Only way I play different irons is if someone gives me a set to try. I'm this way with my Cobra hybrids as well.

After this mornings conditions my outdoor golf season is likely over. I’ve games these irons for the season and am not disappointed. Played in bad conditions this morning and got away with a few shots from the irons that I had no business being on the green. I did purchase the 3 and 4 iron to complete my set from the Morgan Cup and they are honestly, a 3 and 4 irons. They are forgiving but not hybrid forgiving. I will not play them moving forward. The rest of the set are locked in place unless I somehow get lucky enough to have a chance to review another set of irons next summer. Only two irons I would consider are the Mizuno JPX HMP or Apex pro. They are awesome but offer nothing I don’t already have. I definitely recommend giving them a chance even if you think you need more help. The copper has held up very well.

After this mornings conditions my outdoor golf season is likely over. I’ve games these irons for the season and am not disappointed. Played in bad conditions this morning and got away with a few shots from the irons that I had no business being on the green. I did purchase the 3 and 4 iron to complete my set from the Morgan Cup and they are honestly, a 3 and 4 irons. They are forgiving but not hybrid forgiving. I will not play them moving forward. The rest of the set are locked in place unless I somehow get lucky enough to have a chance to review another set of irons next summer. Only two irons I would consider are the Mizuno JPX HMP or Apex pro. They are awesome but offer nothing I don’t already have. I definitely recommend giving them a chance even if you think you need more help. The copper has held up very well.

I think it will be hard to replace these irons. They do everything well. I’m sure I might experiment here and there but have a feeling these will be around for a while.

Played nine holes today, 37* and these irons still feel great. Over 150 rounds on them including desert shots and they still look new. If they made these in a satin or dbm they would be the perfect iron!

These irons should remain on the "must try" list for anyone that wants a true lofted iron that does everything well.

These irons should remain on the "must try" list for anyone that wants a true lofted iron that does everything well.

absolutely they should! They are great irons!

I love my King Tour and they will never leave my possession, but they may be a switch in and out set soon. I still can't say enough good about these irons. Feel, sound, look, results.... just a tinkerer.

I will always ponder, but these do everything I need them to do and more.

Hit them against the new Mizuno release the 225s and saw a little bit of distance gain but nothing in terms of dispersion. (Bad swing is still a bad result) I will sit tight on my quest for an extra bag with “more forgiveness” and keep gaming these. Love the look and feel.

Hit them against the new Mizuno release the 225s and saw a little bit of distance gain but nothing in terms of dispersion. (Bad swing is still a bad result) I will sit tight on my quest for an extra bag with “more forgiveness” and keep gaming these. Love the look and feel.

something about the MIM tours that just work for me. Definitely still one of the top irons in this class!

something about the MIM tours that just work for me. Definitely still one of the top irons in this class!
A lot of other really nice irons on the market but I’m going to need something “different” to make me spend money since I have these 3-GW.

Back