Still a bit windy out there today. I'd like to get a calm day so I can do a decent comparison. I've been struggling with fading it too much recently but today with the LTDx in neutral setting I even hit some draws. I'm still not sure if this shaft is good or if I should switch out to my old one. Crushed some today though just how much was me and how much was wind?

Ok, I have some information that may be helpful for people waffling on heads, although the caveat always remains that my swing is not yours. I will throw in the teaser that @Jman is going to say, “I told you so.” 😂

I have hit out on the course and with a launch monitor every Cobra offering since F7. Sure, the technology changes, but to me, there is certain dna imbedded into what is a ”Cobra.” With that history, my experience has always been that I spin the more forgiving option too much. Since the F9, I have clearly seen best results with the heavier weight forward in the lower spinning head. It has not been marginally better, either.

When The LTDx line was announced, I immediately felt that the X head is intriguing. It has a tantalizing tech story. I read James’ great write up. I also have watched virtually every review that I could find. I know that the X head is not comparable to the higher spinning, higher MOI Cobra heads of the past. All of that having been said, my long history, as well as numbers I have actually seen from online reviews, led me to the conclusion that I would find better success with the LS head. Our local stores still do not have any to hit. I try a Cobra every year just because I have a soft spot for Cobra and I love to try new gear. I am fearful of supply chain issues. So, I finally decided to order, without first having hit the driver. I ordered the LS head.

Today, I helped a friend move. I was lifting heavy items all day, including washers and dryers down stairs. I was exhausted when we finished at 5:30. I stopped by my local Dicks to pick up some resistance bands for workouts that my swing coach gave me. I meandered through the golf section. Usually, the selection is not great, often last year’s stuff. I talked to a salesperson. I asked if he had any of the new heads. To my surprise, he had an LTDx head in 9*. I was shocked, since the big box store nearest to me still doesn’t have one and given that Dicks usually does not have much Cobra equipment.

He asked me if I would like to hit it. Of course I did, despite feeling completely worn out. It had the Smoke iM10 in stiff. I took 20 swings with it.

The feel is great. The sound is still Cobra-ish to me. It is better than anything since the F9, but still not as good as F9. The club felt light to me, for whatever reason.

My swing was slow, which was understandable. However, I definitely was able to get a sense for what the head will do for me. It was launching at about 15*, which is what I want and would expect. Here is the thing that I did not expect. The spin was low. Now, is all they had to hit were Top Flights, so that has to be factored in, but my spin was about 2000, which is low for me. Let’s say that my gamer ball gives me 400 more in spin, which is a fair assumption. That would put my spin at around 2400, perfect.

The head is very stable and I was hitting around the face tonight. All of the promotion is accurate based on what I saw. This head is going to perform well on misses.

Based on all of that, I am calling Cobra first thing Monday morning to switch my order from the LS head to the standard X head.

Sorry for the long post. I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Ok, I have some information that may be helpful for people waffling on heads, although the caveat always remains that my swing is not yours. I will throw in the teaser that @Jman is going to say, “I told you so.” 😂

I have hit out on the course and with a launch monitor every Cobra offering since F7. Sure, the technology changes, but to me, there is certain dna imbedded into what is a ”Cobra.” With that history, my experience has always been that I spin the more forgiving option too much. Since the F9, I have clearly seen best results with the heavier weight forward in the lower spinning head. It has not been marginally better, either.

When The LTDx line was announced, I immediately felt that the X head is intriguing. It has a tantalizing tech story. I read James’ great write up. I also have watched virtually every review that I could find. I know that the X head is not comparable to the higher spinning, higher MOI Cobra heads of the past. All of that having been said, my long history, as well as numbers I have actually seen from online reviews, led me to the conclusion that I would find better success with the LS head. Our local stores still do not have any to hit. I try a Cobra every year just because I have a soft spot for Cobra and I love to try new gear. I am fearful of supply chain issues. So, I finally decided to order, without first having hit the driver. I ordered the LS head.

Today, I helped a friend move. I was lifting heavy items all day, including washers and dryers down stairs. I was exhausted when we finished at 5:30. I stopped by my local Dicks to pick up some resistance bands for workouts that my swing coach gave me. I meandered through the golf section. Usually, the selection is not great, often last year’s stuff. I talked to a salesperson. I asked if he had any of the new heads. To my surprise, he had an LTDx head in 9*. I was shocked, since the big box store nearest to me still doesn’t have one and given that Dicks usually does not have much Cobra equipment.

He asked me if I would like to hit it. Of course I did, despite feeling completely worn out. It had the Smoke iM10 in stiff. I took 20 swings with it.

The feel is great. The sound is still Cobra-ish to me. It is better than anything since the F9, but still not as good as F9. The club felt light to me, for whatever reason.

My swing was slow, which was understandable. However, I definitely was able to get a sense for what the head will do for me. It was launching at about 15*, which is what I want and would expect. Here is the thing that I did not expect. The spin was low. Now, is all they had to hit were Top Flights, so that has to be factored in, but my spin was about 2000, which is low for me. Let’s say that my gamer ball gives me 400 more in spin, which is a fair assumption. That would put my spin at around 2400, perfect.

The head is very stable and I was hitting around the face tonight. All of the promotion is accurate based on what I saw tonight. This head is going to perform well on misses.

Based on all of that, I am calling Cobra first thing Monday morning to switch my order from the LS head to the standard X head.

I told you so. ;)

UNICORN.

I told you so. ;)

UNICORN.
You could have at least given me a “like” for effort and doing my own thinking. 🤣🤣

The head is very stable and I was hitting around the face tonight. All of the promotion is accurate based on what I saw. This head is going to perform well on misses.

Been wondering that this whole time. I ordered the LS even though I'm gaming the Radspeed 9 degree. You just affirmed my purchase. In the reviews the spin has not been that significantly different from LTDx to LS. And who can't use a little more forgiveness?

For those who like the blue pea coat head but don’t like the gloss finish. As a experiment I knocked the shine off my current gamer. And if I came my hands on a ventus tr Which I didn’t see on their options drop down. will be ordering a tour length ltdxls in blue.
3c79c3bb0841a2123a388fe3159dbe86.jpg

461ec1643d43d594aa30a8ea661acbf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great…did you use some wet sandpaper to take the gloss and if not, what was your secret?

Two quick impressions after playing two rounds with the LTDx MAX this week. I have previously played the F8, F9 and SZX.

1) Positive: I love the sound and feel. IMHO, easily as good as the F9. Very solid!

2) Negative: I really miss the rollover face! When I hit too high on the face, it cut the ball and left a piece of shaved off ball cover on the sharp edge on the top of the face like the earlier F models. Also, the embarrassing sky balls mar the top cover over the face (not on the beautiful Sparklepony top plate). Big step backwards. Of course, my swing problems are the source of the issue, but still, I don't know why they did this to the new face when the previous rollover SZX face was so great and distinctive?

Now the question turns to which color way. I was positive it was Peacoat. I haven’t seen it in person, but I will give those who like the other their due. That matte looks great. It wasn’t an issue with the LS, because the gold/matte was backordered in 9*. Both are available in the standard X At 9*.

Looks great…did you use some wet sandpaper to take the gloss and if not, what was your secret?

I did a 3 step progression using abralon sanding pads. All three steps I used I very minimal amount water on the pad. I started 500 grit then 1000 followed by 3000. After each step I used a micro fiber cloth to wip off the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Lions81 im not hating the Helium

You hitting the F4? Finding it stable enough? Haven't been able to hit it yet. Hoping they will have it as an option during my fitting.

@Lions81 I think I remember seeing a helium yesterday but it was in a 12* head so I didn't take a swing with it, not for me anyway haha.

@Lions81 I think I remember seeing a helium yesterday but it was in a 12* head so I didn't take a swing with it, not for me anyway haha.

I'm sure it was a regular flex if it was in a 12 degree head at GG.

I'm sure it was a regular flex if it was in a 12 degree head at GG.
Haha good point. I didn't even look at just noticed it was there.

Just an update on changing my order with info that might be useful…

Cobra was happy to change my order from an LS head to the standard X head. However, the CS rep told me that Cobra does not have any 9* LTDx heads in stock right now and does not expect any until February 7. He used the term “hit and miss” with inventory. Those of you who have received your orders should feel pretty fortunate. As so many keep saying and as we are seeing across the industry, supply is going to be tricky.

Last edited:
It’s on the truck!!! Supposed to be here today!!!
At least I hope it’s both my driver and 4 iron. One or the other is fine, but I’d love to give both a whack!!

I appreciate this, I was thinking about switching to the non-LS as well. I think I may have a bit of skewed data since my range swing after a lot of swings can justify the LS easily but my gamer swing is 10 mph slower with different dynamics. It probably wouldn't hurt to have the additional forgiveness since my driver is the most volatile part of the game. Not to mention, it's not like I'm competing in long drive with this head, lol.

RADSpeed 7.5 degrees was living this morning around 3100 spin 157 ball speed and 260 carry. If I can get that spin down with the LTDx and gain forgiveness I’m all in.

I appreciate this, I was thinking about switching to the non-LS as well. I think I may have a bit of skewed data since my range swing after a lot of swings can justify the LS easily but my gamer swing is 10 mph slower with different dynamics. It probably wouldn't hurt to have the additional forgiveness since my driver is the most volatile part of the game. Not to mention, it's not like I'm competing in long drive with this head, lol.
I really think most of us should not be hitting the LS and also need more loft and forgiveness than we think haha

I really think most of us should not be hitting the LS and also need more loft and forgiveness than we think haha
I’m taking the money I saved but not purchasing anything last year and making myself an easier bag to play with. The fairways from this lineup should not be ignored. They are excellent.

Yeah, I am kidding myself if I think my ball striking is good enough even if I have the abundance of speed, lmao.

Fact.

But, the internet doesn't care about facts. :ROFLMAO:

Fact.

But, the internet doesn't care about facts. :ROFLMAO:

Ok, BUT, if we didn't make these "sacrifices" for "science" then we wouldn't get such a full range of products. Yeah, I tell myself I am responsible for their R&D, what can I say, I am too humble for my own good!

Ok, BUT, if we didn't make these "sacrifices" for "science" then we wouldn't get such a full range of products. Yeah, I tell myself I am responsible for their R&D, what can I say, I am too humble for my own good!
There's a difference in fitting into a club though, you at your speed can fit into the LS pretty easily I would guess. But, on the internet there is a tendency to ignore the middle release and go to one of the "extremes", disregarding that golf is a bell curve. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's a difference in fitting into a club though, you at your speed can fit into the LS pretty easily I would guess. But, on the internet there is a tendency to ignore the middle release and go to one of the "extremes", disregarding that golf is a bell curve. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I love how you phrased this. With this release, I feel like there is very clearly a middle release and it's one that I am pretty excited to give a shot to. Not to go completely off the thread, but with the Callaway releases in the past 2 years, I have trouble determining which one is that middle-of-the-road club.

Back