Well goll darn it... this thread has me wanting to get the LTDxLS now... I was all mentally ready just to game my current driver for the year.. and now I'm indecisive again!

I can totally relate. I see myself doing an extensive comparison on the simulator with the LTDx I’ve ordered once the Cobra demo cart at my club is fully stocked with an LS head and a bunch of shafts. Our pro said he would order a Trono 65 S shaft for the demo cart and I’m super excited to try that one.

Man, these drivers just check the sound, look, and feel boxes for me. Spent a little time with the LTDx and Max this morning. The Max with the weight in the draw setting just didn’t leave the fairway. And after the Rogue fitting was curious how ball speed would compare. Had four in a row over 150 yesterday, repeated the same with the unicorn today. These are worth working out if you are in the market.

Man, these drivers just check the sound, look, and feel boxes for me. Spent a little time with the LTDx and Max this morning. The Max with the weight in the draw setting just didn’t leave the fairway. And after the Rogue fitting was curious how ball speed would compare. Had four in a row over 150 yesterday, repeated the same with the unicorn today. These are worth working out if you are in the market.
So how would you compare the Callaway ST Max vs the Cobra LTDx? Ball speed, spin, forgiveness? Those two are at the top of my list.

So how would you compare the Callaway ST Max vs the Cobra LTDx? Ball speed, spin, forgiveness? Those two are at the top of my list.
They are both really good drivers. I worked with a fitter yesterday with the ST Max yesterday and somewhat ‘self-fit’ with the LTDx in that I used the Project X Smoke shaft I’ve been fit into for fairways.

ST Max may have had a slight advantage for me in terms of ball speed, at least higher on the face where I’ve been living recently. Spins were comperable and the Cobra might have the nod on forgiveness for me. There were several I thought I had lost with the Cobra but didn’t, if that makes sense.

They are both really good and worth tearing for your swing if possible.

They are both really good drivers. I worked with a fitter yesterday with the ST Max yesterday and somewhat ‘self-fit’ with the LTDx in that I used the Project X Smoke shaft I’ve been fit into for fairways.

ST Max may have had a slight advantage for me in terms of ball speed, at least higher on the face where I’ve been living recently. Spins were comperable and the Cobra might have the nod on forgiveness for me. There were several I thought I had lost with the Cobra but didn’t, if that makes sense.

They are both really good and worth tearing for your swing if possible.
#MaxLife

#LessonsLife for me 🤣

with maybe a dash of the UST Proforce V2 shaft on the side to scratch the new itch 😉

#LessonsLife for me 🤣

with maybe a dash of the UST Proforce V2 shaft on the side to scratch the new itch 😉
It’s like I was right about the Max….. :LOL:

Took a few rips with these today. I like the shape of the LTDx, sound is good a little more muted than the RAD speed I’d say but it also had a familiar feel. I still haven’t seen the blue as the matte black is all I’ve seen but I’ve decided I’m team blue and team gloss all the way.

I like the new crown without the infinity face on top, it actually looks kind of similar to another brand. It sets up nice behind the ball.

Unfortunately they have one of each head and the shafts aren’t a great fit for me. Good ones were pretty good, spin numbers were all over the place. I’m not going to put much stock in that right now with what I’d call my winter swing haha

I need to try the New LTDx..!

Hoping to check them out tomorrow.

I still have yet to get the Radspeed XB I picked up over the winter, on a golf course. Lol. I had good fun with it on the GC4 sim.

mine seems like it’s taking forever…. Shipped Tuesday… won’t be here till Monday… fed ex is killing me.

It’s like I was right about the Max….. :LOL:
I mean to be fair my numbers the in the few sessions I’ve had were better with the X and no real marked difference in dispersion between the two 🤷‍♂️. With a fitting can probably get the spin down under the 34k ballpark I lived in with the Max but thats where I currently lived with it for the most part.

Will I continue that trend over the course of the season? Who knows? It’s tough because I know with my inconsistent strike patterns the Max is designed for me but when I test I see better ballspeed and same dispersion with the X.

Thats why I’ll solve this with lessons. Get my path cleaned up first and then pick one. Good chance if I can improve my AOA and path the Max won’t spin as much for me and I get the forgiveness benefits, best of both worlds.

Last edited:
hit the X and the LS today. Sadly the LS had more spin for me than the X, thinking it's gotta be a shaft issue. Couldn't stop hooking either, though it was better with the LS. Thinking it's a shaft thing. Only hit the hazardous black 6.0 S. Thinking I really need to learn more about shafts sometime soon.

Well goll darn it... this thread has me wanting to get the LTDxLS now... I was all mentally ready just to game my current driver for the year.. and now I'm indecisive again!

I was fine as well but really can't get past the fact that my best drives come from really low spin heads. However, I am all over the place on shafts, I have four contenders for the club, lol.

Went to hit the LTDx today. GG did not have an LS that I saw so just hit the LTDx. I was hitting it about the same as my RADSPEED XB. Also spin is too high I think. I am putting around 3200-3600 on the ball. It's definitely me and not the LTDx which is why I am thinking LTDx LS. Still more thinking after today.

Went to hit the LTDx today. GG did not have an LS that I saw so just hit the LTDx. I was hitting it about the same as my RADSPEED XB. Also spin is too high I think. I am putting around 3200-3600 on the ball. It's definitely me and not the LTDx which is why I am thinking LTDx LS. Still more thinking after today.

I'm surprised you could play XB if the spin was that high with LTDx.

What loft and shaft combo did you have today?

And is it one that will increase AOA by two degrees and decrease club path by four degrees from out to in? Asking for a friend… 😎

And is it one that will increase AOA by two degrees and decrease club path by four degrees from out to in? Asking for a friend… 😎
I hit the Helium shaft. It was a bit wiggly probably. Was thinking about a lighter shaft, but it was light where the head felt heavy. That's not what I'm going for.

I'm surprised you could play XB if the spin was that high with LTDx.
It goes strait most of the time for me. It's my swing, but still need to reduce that a bit.

I'm thinking if I upgrade I going LTDx LS in 10*. Probably would order something other than HZRDUS Blue since I have that already and then give them both a go with the new head.

I'm thinking if I upgrade I going LTDx LS in 10*. Probably would order something other than HZRDUS Blue since I have that already and then give them both a go with the new head.
That makes sense. No need to duplicate shafts.

Cant wait to see that beauty in hand abe how it works for you.

For those who like the blue pea coat head but don’t like the gloss finish. As a experiment I knocked the shine off my current gamer. And if I came my hands on a ventus tr Which I didn’t see on their options drop down. will be ordering a tour length ltdxls in blue.
3c79c3bb0841a2123a388fe3159dbe86.jpg

461ec1643d43d594aa30a8ea661acbf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't start keeping score now.
Oh, my scoreboard is WAY in my favor over the years. Contrary to those that think I just make stuff up. :LOL:

Great write up, thanks @Jman!

For those who like the blue pea coat head but don’t like the gloss finish. As a experiment I knocked the shine off my current gamer. And if I came my hands on a ventus tr Which I didn’t see on their options drop down. will be ordering a tour length ltdxls in blue.
3c79c3bb0841a2123a388fe3159dbe86.jpg

461ec1643d43d594aa30a8ea661acbf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks super clean with the polish knocked off.

Back