After a dozen rounds with my 12* LTDx MAX and an A flex Helium Nanocore shaft, I cannot go left or right, just point and shoot, long and straight. For my 72 year old guy game, I could not wish for more. My game is different than most of you young studs, but this club is awesome, for me. Just a different viewpoint from most of the current reviews.

The LTDx continues to impress. Today I made a small set up adjustment with my left foot flared towards the target a bit more and I was able to squeeze another mph or two of ballspeed on some of my swings. The distances for me are almost too good to be true after averaging about 265ish the last few years and we will find out what they are real world in another month when the courses open. My goal for the new year was to get back to high 150's for ball speed and I'm now there with by best strikes. Maybe I need to up my goal to 160+ mph?

I just picked up a couple more shafts from GG that had the Callaway adapters removed and Cobras installed and I'm also bidding on a couple shafts on eBay, so I have lots more testing and tweaking to do but if Trackman is even close to accurate I will be longer this year. For the last 5 years only about 10% of my drives were longer than 285 yards without wind or elevated tees and the average of the 11 shots below is 289.5 yards. Again, it seems too good to be true so I won't get too exicted until I see what happens outside. :)

View attachment 9070432View attachment 9070429
I like your self fitting here. This is a good Minnesota winter activity. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The LTDx continues to impress. Today I made a small set up adjustment with my left foot flared towards the target a bit more and I was able to squeeze another mph or two of ballspeed on some of my swings. The distances for me are almost too good to be true after averaging about 265ish the last few years and we will find out what they are real world in another month when the courses open. My goal for the new year was to get back to high 150's for ball speed and I'm now there with by best strikes. Maybe I need to up my goal to 160+ mph?

I just picked up a couple more shafts from GG that had the Callaway adapters removed and Cobras installed and I'm also bidding on a couple shafts on eBay, so I have lots more testing and tweaking to do but if Trackman is even close to accurate I will be longer this year. For the last 5 years only about 10% of my drives were longer than 285 yards without wind or elevated tees and the average of the 11 shots below is 289.5 yards. Again, it seems too good to be true so I won't get too exicted until I see what happens outside. :)

Your driver numbers are what I am striving for this year. I hover around the same swing speed and ball speed, but my spin and launch are killing my distance right now. Here's to hoping a fitting clears up some of my inefficiency (and inconsistency)

I’m still playing my F9 so the LTDx LS head suits my eye more. I don’t think I’d able to handle that head but boy it’s a pretty one to look at. Is there really a shape difference between the standard and LS heads?

I’m still playing my F9 so the LTDx LS head suits my eye more. I don’t think I’d able to handle that head but boy it’s a pretty one to look at. Is there really a shape difference between the standard and LS heads?
Yes the shape is quite noticeable, to me the LS is just perfect. The standard heads are stretched a bit in the back, not terrible but not as appealing as the LS.

Best driver head and shaft combo I have ever had from Cobra. One happy guy

Attachments

• 20220228_113717.jpg
    20220228_113717.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220228_113723.jpg
    20220228_113723.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 47
Just got a second fitting booked in, headed to the best fitter in Scotland to get things really dialed in and ready to go. Sadly the appointment isn't until 21/03 but that should be plenty of time. Can't wait to give this a real workout and see how the numbers look. So excited about this driver going forwards!

I'm about to order the LTDX and I'm torn on the color. I've seen these in person and they both look awesome. Normally I gravitate toward the flat black, but the gloss blue looks really good.

I'm about to order the LTDX and I'm torn on the color. I've seen these in person and they both look awesome. Normally I gravitate toward the flat black, but the gloss blue looks really good.
flat black has my vote

Just got a second fitting booked in, headed to the best fitter in Scotland to get things really dialed in and ready to go. Sadly the appointment isn't until 21/03 but that should be plenty of time. Can't wait to give this a real workout and see how the numbers look. So excited about this driver going forwards!
Thats awesome dude. Can't wait to hear all about it. Its only 3 weeks...assuming I'm reading that right haha thats not too bad.

Thats awesome dude. Can't wait to hear all about it. Its only 3 weeks...assuming I'm reading that right haha thats not too bad.
Aye, only 3 weeks - forgot that the numbering is different over the other side of the pond!

Have 90 minutes booked, so am hoping that once we've played with the driver and tweaked that on from the last fitting we'll maybe have half an hour to see how the FWs gap in. Then it's just a case of waiting for those irons to drop!

These have been played, so the pics are NOT as good as my usual ones, but I thought some of the Cobra-heads and MC'ers might get a kick out of them anyway. So please ignore the brushing on the soles, its bound to happen with any play.

DSC01898-L.jpg

LTDx LS:
DSC01899-L.jpg

LTDx:
DSC01900-L.jpg
Where’s the Sparkle?

I put a couple different shafts in my LTDx on today's sim session and had one that wasn't a good match (Rogue White 130MSI), and an Atmos Blue that performed well. I was pleasantly surprised by the Atmos because in my old Wilson Cortex driver, it was a dud and today it held up well enough that it's my 2nd favorite shaft for the LTDx head behind the HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue. It also seemed to have a lot of kick through impact as some of the ones that were not center face traveled straighter and farther than I expected. It warrants further testing as today was a short session with only 57 shots(mostly irons) where I was distracted by a long phone call from my HVAC repair guy. I was impressed with the feel of the Atmos and especially that the spin stayed down on a couple of harder swings. The two shorter ones I lost high right with an face that was open 5+ degrees. Some days the misses are big. :LOL:

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 5.13.10 PM.png

For those of you that have put the LTDx in play how is the forgiveness? Distance wise the RADSpeed is awesome but I’m thinking Tour length and control. Convince me…

For those of you that have put the LTDx in play how is the forgiveness? Distance wise the RADSpeed is awesome but I’m thinking Tour length and control. Convince me…

I played the RADSpeed for 90% of my rounds last year and actually hit it on the Simulator today just for comparison to the LTDx. My ball speed was 1-2mph lower with the RADSpeed(a very small sample size) but that RADSpeed head spins to much for me. I only hit 3 balls with it and they were all over 3,000rpm. For me the LTDx looks better and fits my high spin tendencies much better.

Another two rounds down with the unicorn. Swing is falling into place as well. This has equaled to legitimate bombs. Last year I was averaging right around 250. The first 5 rounds with the LTDx, average is closer to 265 with a few big ones reaching 290+

one interesting tidbit. My miss is continuing to be a high on the face and slightly heel shot. The great thing about this miss is that many of the drives I’m hitting with that strike, I’m seeing 245-255 distances.

got paired up with a guy today who also had an LTDx. Weakness was driving (self proclaimed by him) and I was kind of smiling because his misses weren’t bad. Super playable and he made many claims that his older titleist 913 wouldn’t have kept him play that well haha.

overall super fun. Going to get shafts ready this weekend. I’m thinking of throwing the linq gunmetal into It. I’m launching the ball so high (for me) and I’d like to see how the linq helps with that.

to be continued.

16 years old. Dialed in today with the fitter. Consistent 115-116 club head and low to mid 170 ball speed. This head is fast and the dispersion was great. Even heel hits were carrying 280 and in play. Ventus Black 6 TX shaft. Standard 9 degree head with weights fade biased.

View attachment 9070285
You sicken me. Ha ha, just kidding. Looks awesome.

I think the numbers translate. For me, I don’t feel that I hit it outside with the same club speed because you never get to hit 8 or 10 drivers in a row and really groove a turn and release while playing a real round. However, you are a much better player/ball striker than I have ever been and I am going to guess that it will translate for you.

After a dozen rounds with my 12* LTDx MAX and an A flex Helium Nanocore shaft, I cannot go left or right, just point and shoot, long and straight. For my 72 year old guy game, I could not wish for more. My game is different than most of you young studs, but this club is awesome, for me. Just a different viewpoint from most of the current reviews.
That is awesome!!!

I was all set to pick up my blue ✨🐎 this week, swap the Tensei White 65X for a 1k, and get after it, but I then the Mizuno irons...

It will happen. It's honestly just a hard swallow that I don't have a uni-fit sleeve for Cobra. I've never really wanted to play their drivers the last couple years until now, so I just never bought one. Kicking myself for it now, but it definitely makes them less swappable for me.

There was a 0.000000000000000000001% chance of me ever going with that blue.

But that peacoat blue is legit. I could literally match my driver to my outfit. That’s tour pro level accessorizing. Literally the only thing I got 😂

But that peacoat blue is legit. I could literally match my driver to my outfit. That’s tour pro level accessorizing. Literally the only thing I got 😂
Twirling blue sparkle……

Back