Here are some numbers from today’s session. There are a few stinkers in there bringing down the average 😞and I don’t have spin numbers from TrackMan Range sadly but based on the carry to total distance and visuals I’m thinking the spin was in a good spot, didn’t seems to knuckle or float on me. Some of those ball speeds 😳 for an old guy are pretty good haha

View attachment 9002372

Here are some numbers from today’s session. There are a few stinkers in there bringing down the average 😞and I don’t have spin numbers from TrackMan Range sadly but based on the carry to total distance and visuals I’m thinking the spin was in a good spot, didn’t seems to knuckle or float on me. Some of those ball speeds 😳 for an old guy are pretty good haha

View attachment 9002372

These are standard head numbers? Impressive ball speed for sure.

Ready to order and get this thing in play. Can't wait to share my thoughts here.

Thinking XB Tour length, what's the benefits and disadvantages? 97 driver SS in regular flex.
I am going Tour Length. I think it's easier to get solid strikes with a shorter driver. Obviously there is a bit of clubhead speed loss, but if on average strikes are better ballspeed can be the same or higher.

I am going Tour Length. I think it's easier to get solid strikes with a shorter driver. Obviously there is a bit of clubhead speed loss, but if on average strikes are better ballspeed can be the same or higher.

8248D738-0AF3-486B-8F30-D92367D925D6.gif

View attachment 9002372

i glad I am on your team with those numbers!
I wish I had number close to that.

So far for me, I am not discerning any major 'loss of distance' going from the standard SZ to the XB (I also went tour length this time around). Playing in some more summer like temps last week, I was landing about where I expected to be. Arccos was showing that this particular round was within a couple of yards of my SZ numbers from last year. Dispersion feels much better so far and Arccos is backing that up, but with only 27 holes I am taking that with a grain of salt. Moral of the story, for me personally I'll take the accuracy over a few yards. I honestly think once I loft up a tad (ball flight is a bit low for me on the XB), or I have some better ground conditions where I can take advantage of the rollout, Ill be at or past my avg distance from last year. Obviously just my personal reactions so far but I know some similar questions have been posed.

I need to lower swing weight and Im a week into an order for a lighter weight with no shipping yet from Cobra. Would like to take to the range sooner than later. Does anyone know if any of the older weights in either fairway or driver would fit inside even if obviously not the same shape the slot? I am not sure if the head feels different if the fit is different (hollow feel or whatever) but I'd go searching for older weights if anyone creative had any ideas.

I am so looking forward to getting my mitt's on my Tour length 10.5 XB and working on fairway finding!:)

I have hit the following newly released drivers outside:
Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed
Titleist Tsi3
TaylorMade Sim2

I am pretty confident that the RadSpeed is the longest for me of any of these drivers. Arccos has my Smart Distance at 287 yards and most of this play has been in cold weather. Today, I had another drive of over 300 yards. Thus, each of the three times that I have had it out, I have had at least one 300 yard drive. I can’t remember doing this at any time in the last several years. I am hitting a little over 50% of fairways. I need to get this up another 10%. Below was today’s long drive:

D51104EB-CB7B-4C12-ABFA-4AD58DF13BC4.jpeg

I am very very excited indeed to get my hands on the XB. Working hard on my driver swing at the moment, so can't wait to see what this will bring to the table.

Fairways...that is what it will bring to the table!

I am very very excited indeed to get my hands on the XB. Working hard on my driver swing at the moment, so can't wait to see what this will bring to the table.

Fairways...that is what it will bring to the table!
💣💣💣

I have hit the following newly released drivers outside:
Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed
Titleist Tsi3
TaylorMade Sim2

I am pretty confident that the RadSpeed is the longest for me of any of these drivers. Arccos has my Smart Distance at 287 yards and most of this play has been in cold weather. Today, I had another drive of over 300 yards. Thus, each of the three times that I have had it out, I have had at least one 300 yard drive. I can’t remember doing this at any time in the last several years. I am hitting a little over 50% of fairways. I need to get this up another 10%. Below was today’s long drive:
This excites me a ton. I was really torn about going XB vs Regular head and ultimately decided to go regular. I loved the forgiveness of the Xtreme but always felt like I was leaving something on the table distance wise.

This excites me a ton. I was really torn about going XB vs Regular head and ultimately decided to go regular. I loved the forgiveness of the Xtreme but always felt like I was leaving something on the table distance wise.
Hope you enjoy long walks in the desert! 😉

I think that the regular head with the heavier weight in the back is a very good compromise between the two.

I hope to try these Cobra’s at my CC driver fitting Monday in the RDX Blue or whatever else fitter thinks.

Went to Golf Galaxy to hit some drivers tonight and came home with a peacoat RADSpeed 10.5˚. Hit all of the new Callaways, the PINGs and these. The RS was delivering the most ball speed out of the bunch, and performed well even after I was pretty gassed from hitting different options. Dispersion was pretty solid when I did my part. Certainly as good or better than most of the others I tried, including my current gamer. Grabbed a Smoke Blue RDX to start with. May try some other options but pretty hopeful that the RDX will work out for me. Had it lofted up with the heavy weight back during my Trackman time, so starting there for my next range session. Have a round this weekend, and I'd like to get this one dialed in before that.

The peacoat colorway is awesome look. Love the matte blue finish. Also kudos to Cobra for putting together one of the better stock driver covers I've seen in a while. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber accents but this one isn't too bad. Looks really good in person.

Finally, the fact that Arccos sends you free sensors when you buy a Cobra club is pretty sweet. Been wanting to try Arccos and this tipped me on it.

Went to Golf Galaxy to hit some drivers tonight and came home with a peacoat RADSpeed 10.5˚. Hit all of the new Callaways, the PINGs and these. The RS was delivering the most ball speed out of the bunch, and performed well even after I was pretty gassed from hitting different options. Dispersion was pretty solid when I did my part. Certainly as good or better than most of the others I tried, including my current gamer. Grabbed a Smoke Blue RDX to start with. May try some other options but pretty hopeful that the RDX will work out for me. Had it lofted up with the heavy weight back during my Trackman time, so starting there for my next range session. Have a round this weekend, and I'd like to get this one dialed in before that.

The peacoat colorway is awesome look. Love the matte blue finish. Also kudos to Cobra for putting together one of the better stock driver covers I've seen in a while. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber accents but this one isn't too bad. Looks really good in person.

Finally, the fact that Arccos sends you free sensors when you buy a Cobra club is pretty sweet. Been wanting to try Arccos and this tipped me on it.
The Peacot is absolutely stunning, imo. Congrats and enjoy.

Yup, high bombs!

Best descirption of this driver! Was fitted for 3w this weekend and with 5 minutes left I just decided to try the driver as well.
Was hitting bombs straight away!

Radspeed @ 9 w/ RDX Blue 70 6.5 - such a good combo. 165-166 bs, 2200rpm, 12-13 launch with 1.48 smashfactor on average with Trackman outdoor.
Was hard to not walk away with both 3w and driver on order! :love:

Best descirption of this driver! Was fitted for 3w this weekend and with 5 minutes left I just decided to try the driver as well.
Was hitting bombs straight away!

Radspeed @ 9 w/ RDX Blue 70 6.5 - such a good combo. 165-166 bs, 2200rpm, 12-13 launch with 1.48 smashfactor on average with Trackman outdoor.
Was hard to not walk away with both 3w and driver on order! :love:
That sounds just the ticket to me! Have similar on order just the 10.5 rather than the 9. Anxiously awaiting the postman :LOL:

Should I? It’s in stock and can ship today, so tempting.

66E943A1-08B9-400B-BA72-745EC70E4364.jpeg

Last edited:
Done.

So I had a driver fitting yesterday and it came down to the XB and SIM2. Numbers were slightly better on SIM2 but that was with a 9* head and they only had the XB in 10.5. I wasn't biting on a $444 up charge on the RDX Blue USA theme shaft for paint so Budget had a lefty 9* in stock and I just pulled the trigger. 90 day Test Drive at Budget is a nice feature.

Honestly I couldn't believe the lower spin and increased carry over my G400 MAX with a V2 shaft. Not even close. 14 yards carry increase and over 800 spin drop. I guess I needed a fitting.

Cobra Radspeed XB 9* with Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 S in Peacoat/Red. Should have it in 2 days. :)

Back