Not to me. I can measure it vs the standard if you want tomorrow. They seem pretty similar to my eye though.

I've pretty much changed my swing since Las Vegas and have lowered my ball flight while picking up about 10 yards carry. AoA was 8 and measured 3 this morning. Ball starts on line pretty well as intended but seems to drift a little right even with toe and centered strikes.

I've pretty much changed my swing since Las Vegas and have lowered my ball flight while picking up about 10 yards carry. AoA was 8 and measured 3 this morning. Ball starts on line pretty well as intended but seems to drift a little right even with toe and centered strikes.
I change my swing every hole :ROFLMAO:

Need suggestions for grip color for a purple and yellow shaft that should show up later this week.

This driver head has become a revelation for me. Ever since getting the nod to step into the MC and FINALLY giving it a chance despite having it since February, it’s been a blast.

48 degrees today and STILL brought the heat from the back tees. Super pleased.

This driver head has become a revelation for me. Ever since getting the nod to step into the MC and FINALLY giving it a chance despite having it since February, it’s been a blast.

48 degrees today and STILL brought the heat from the back tees. Super pleased.

I was thinking about a new driver in spring but now that I’ve gotten used to the new shaft and head lofted at 7.5 degrees I’m really enjoying teeing the ball lower and back and not losing distance.

I was thinking about a new driver in spring but now that I’ve gotten used to the new shaft and head lofted at 7.5 degrees I’m really enjoying teeing the ball lower and back and not losing distance.
RADSpeed is a really great driver. I've never hit the ball better. If you get that thing dialed in your scores will drop

Oh, the new Cobra will still be mine in the spring, NO doubt :love:

I need to try the purple out. People have been loving it in these heads
any interest in the gunmetal or just the purple?

I do hope the next driver is a little less…firm…feedback wise.

Oh, the new Cobra will still be mine in the spring, NO doubt :love:

I would bet I take the plunge if it gave me a little more. A full fitting may help.

I would bet I take the plunge if it gave me a little more. A full fitting may help.
Dude, make the drive to Cinci, lots of good fitters here, or at least Cbus

Dude, make the drive to Cinci, lots of good fitters here, or at least Cbus
I fit myself off of feel on everything but the irons

the LINQ Purple is at the shop getting trimmed and gripped, plan on taking it straight to the course this weekend :love:

The Ventus Blue I paired up with the XB head has been fantastic on the range. Mixed messages on the course so far but just need to keep my tempo correct. It is so easy to swing and go after a shot now. Looking forward to the next few rounds.

I used a RadSpeed XB tour length all year that i play with an RDX black 80 and lead tape, it's basically a sledgehammer---really really like the driver. I also own a Mavrik / Rogue White 130 combo that i use sometimes

The Radspeed i really like because i can't hook it , but it's still plenty forgiving. Which is kind of weird.

It's a great driver. Prior to this one i hadn't used Cobras since like S9 pro S and Pro D

The XB continued to perform this afternoon. If I can put the ball in the center it just goes, and still mostly goes when the center is missed. It still really good when you explore the club face.

Hit several bombs again today even not having swung a club in weeks. This driver is still the best that has been in my bag in years.

Todays Simulator numbers for the RadSpeed 9 degree, digitally lofted at 7.5 degrees in the draw setting with Fujikura Motore F1 60X

Club Head Speed: 116
Ball Speed 165
Spin 2450
Launch 13
Carry 284
Total 305

The numbers are there if you release the club!

Todays Simulator numbers for the RadSpeed 9 degree, digitally lofted at 7.5 degrees in the draw setting with Fujikura Motore F1 60X

Club Head Speed: 116
Ball Speed 165
Spin 2450
Launch 13
Carry 284
Total 305

The numbers are there if you release the club!
Don’t. Change. Anything.

:love:

Don’t. Change. Anything.

:love:

I'm about a month late but finally at the results I wanted. Now... if I can get that 3 iron fixed

This driver continues to be probably the best I have ever put in my bag. I think I had 2 really poor drives (user error) in 36 holes and multiple nasty bombs mixed in as well.

Battle of the forgiving drivers!!

I’ve been playing a G425 Max all season, initially with a Motore X F1 and latterly with a Ventus Blue, and it has been the most consistent I’ve driven the ball in as long as I can remember.

For context, my driver ball speed is in the mid-140s, and my target over winter is to get that consistently into the 150s. As usual, when I was driving poorly all I wanted was to be able to hit the fairway at a reasonable distance… but now I’m hitting fairways at a reasonable distance, I want to be hitting fairways at a longer distance!

I’ve dabbled with a few drivers this year, always trying things out mainly as I enjoy testing different clubs. I played a Radspeed for a few weeks and loved it… it felt better than the Ping, sounded better than the Ping, etc… but, in my hands, it couldn’t quite compete with the Ping’s consistency. However, the Radspeed was so good that it has remained a scratch I’ve wanted to itch again and again throughout the season, as I feel it could be great for me.

The itch then developed into the intention to pick up a Radspeed XB to experiment with, hoping it takes everything good about the Radspeed but adds the additional forgiveness which has kept the Ping in the bag all season.

Given we’re approaching the new launch cycle, we’re starting to see discounts on 2021 clubs and I recently picked up the Season Opener version of the XB with the Hzrdus Hulk (well, not actually the ‘Hulk’, but the softer 6.0 version of it) at a price which should allow me to sell the head and shaft separately and recoup what I’ve paid out… so of course I had to buy it. Internet golfer maths and all that.

The weather in my part of the UK has been poor recently, so I’ve not had the XB out on the course yet. However, I do have a SkyTrak meaning I’m able to provide those of you who are interested with some data driven testing results between:

- Ping G425 Max (9* head) | Ventus Blue 6s | 9* @ 45.25”
- Cobra Radspeed XB (10.5* head) | Hzrdus Hulk 6.0 | 9.5* @ 46”

r9exxfY.jpg

(Remember that SkyTrak ‘calculates’ clubhead speed, so ignore that as I’m confident it’s incorrect more often than not)

Ping G425 Max:

Given this has been my gamer all season, I’m very familiar with ball flight. My tendency is a right to left shot shape throughout the bag, and that’s what I tend to see with this driver, with the weight either in standard or fade setting (never draw setting).

Contrary to some feedback I’ve read, I find I can keep the G425 Max in a good spin window. From YouTube reviews, the G425 Max does tend to be a little down on clubhead speed vs other clubs, and this is something I’ve been keen to test vs the XB (disregarding the G425’s disadvantage of shorter playing length). Here is my best shot from a few swings earlier this morning with the G425:

qqqCu7X.png

Cobra Radspeed XB:

Whilst I prefer the feel / sound of this setup to the G425, it’s not as pleasing as I recall the Radspeed being (albeit I hit the Radspeed outside only). Ball flight is right to left as I was expecting, but I’ve struggled a little with both spin and dispersion. It took me more than twice as many shots (compared with the G425) to get five keepers for the stats, with many of the removed shots being what I’d consider to be a good ‘bad strike’ rather than horrendous, yet some of the spin numbers I was seeing were crazy high. Here is my best shot from a few swings earlier with the XB:

wp8KWyK.png

Comparison:

Here are 5 drives with each setup, the first being Ping (which probably took me 6 shots) and the second being the XB (which took me many many more). Ball speed is maybe 3mph down on what I’d typically average, but the data is typical of my comparisons between these two setups.

8Ti8rUX.jpg

w2nZDEp.jpg

Overall, whilst I want to love the XB, the G425 with Ventus is a better and more consistent fit for me. This obviously means I need to pick up another Radspeed for testing purposes as I didn’t own my SkyTrak at that point. However, for now, the G425 Max reigns supreme.

Last edited:
Back