I'll believe it when i see it :ROFLMAO:

The peacoat is freaking gorgeous.. I love that color. It is just enough different to stand out but not so out of the box to hurt your eyes..

I love the tech talk! What a great discussion about some seriously cool clubs. I can’t wait for the feedback once some THPers are bagging these. It’s awesome to hear the love for the Morgan Cup too and I am ALWAYS down for some Bryson talk. Great episode!!

The peacoat is freaking gorgeous.. I love that color. It is just enough different to stand out but not so out of the box to hurt your eyes..
Like they mentioned, both are great though in the Rad lineup! Time for a 2 driver setup :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I love the tech talk! What a great discussion about some seriously cool clubs. I can’t wait for the feedback once some THPers are bagging these. It’s awesome to hear the love for the Morgan Cup too and I am ALWAYS down for some Bryson talk. Great episode!!
Thanks for tuning in!

Pretty excited to give this one a listen today. Ready for Yagley & @Canadan to fill my office with sounds of RAD Speed Technology.

I realize this is probably not possible this year, but it would be so awesome for some MC'ers some day to get a tour of Cobra R&D with @LittleRat and @Master Yagley; the 3d printing tech story is just so interesting (personally love playing with it myself). It would be an amazing time!

Yags with the tour player question at the end! So much fun.

I can't wait to listen to this one, right up my street!

I realize this is probably not possible this year, but it would be so awesome for some MC'ers some day to get a tour of Cobra R&D with @LittleRat and @Master Yagley; the 3d printing tech story is just so interesting (personally love playing with it myself). It would be an amazing time!

We have done THP Experiences that include tours of R&D. It is not something that is allowed to be seen to the public so no photographs are taken

Was it just me or did I get a hint of @Master Yagley get a bit emotional near the end in talking about Haig Point? That shows how much passion he has for the game and community. Thank you @Canadan for another great episode!

I'm seriously close to saying I'm going RAD Speed for the Morgan Cup 2021 after listening to Yags talk about those irons.
If I were in the Morgan Cup, they would be at the top of my list right now, without having hit them.

Was it just me or did I get a hint of @Master Yagley get a bit emotional near the end in talking about Haig Point? That shows how much passion he has for the game and community. Thank you @Canadan for another great episode!
Haig was an unbelievable golf experience.

Sweet!! I’ll be listening later today on my way to work

Great Podcast. Loved it when Yags went off course and tried to apologize for it.

As for all the RAD tech talk, these are absolutely the sort of clubs i'd be looking for had I not jumped into the Hogan rabbit hole.

GI irons that look more like a players.....yes please.

As for the adjustable weights in the irons, I came from GI that were D0. (just like stock RAD). then I started playing these PTxPros. and the weight of them is the first thing that jumps out once people get past the looks. In the past there has been a lot of discussion here about "Does Swing weight Matter?" Now that one can intelligently alter swing weight (i.e, put that weight in a good spot), does that conversation need revisiting?

Can’t wait to give this driver a try now. Great job on this episode @Canadan.

I was lost in the first 5 mins but glad it came back to earth. Great listen. The tech involved is mind blowing

Great listen, really enjoyed it. Silver tounge devil...haha. Will 3D printing overcome the 3D TV, I think so. The putter looks and feels great! RAD sounds, well RAD and will be checking them out.

RADPOT ideas? Okay that doesn't look right but their talk on InstantPot made me hungry. We enjoy our new jump into this cooking tech and have been 3/3 last week. Such a great device that makes great meals!

Last edited:
@Canadan and @Master Yagley thanks. I enjoyed hearing about what’s going on at Cobra and RAD. As a somewhat of a geek myself, I enjoyed learning about the Radius of Gyration, 3D printing etc. and how Cobra desires to utilize these in its product line.

Yags, I want you to know that I was taking notes while I listened. I felt like I was back in school listening to a lecture from a favorite professor. I will definitely be checking out the RAD XD driver.

If I were in the Morgan Cup, they would be at the top of my list right now, without having hit them.

Curious as you mentioned recently that you preferred smaller irons and were playing better golf with them.
Why the urge to go larger?

This might be my favorite episode, so far. (y)

Another great show, thanks to both!
And that's what the MC is about-
"Camaraderie
Tears
Laughter
Fun
Jawing
Competition
Greatest weekend of the year!"

I would be in the camp for OL without questioning.

Good conversation with @Master Yagley and you can tell he has the passion not only for Cobra/Puma golf, but for everyone to play their best. I think if this golf thing doesn't work out he has a future narrating books on tape.

As for the equipment, it's cool to hear that they are pushing the limits with 3D technology. We all know saving a few grams of weight here or there can make a huge difference in terms of what can be designed. The RADSpeed line has a lot built into it and the drivers are really intriguing given how the design characteristics for each can help golfers.

Good conversation with @Master Yagley and you can tell he has the passion not only for Cobra/Puma golf, but for everyone to play their best. I think if this golf thing doesn't work out he has a future narrating books on tape.

As for the equipment, it's cool to hear that they are pushing the limits with 3D technology. We all know saving a few grams of weight here or there can make a huge difference in terms of what can be designed. The RADSpeed line has a lot built into it and the drivers are really intriguing given how the design characteristics for each can help golfers.
And now you have the option to adjust those weights, from 4-16 grams, by 2 gram increments, in irons!!

Curious as you mentioned recently that you preferred smaller irons and were playing better golf with them.
Why the urge to go larger?
A few reasons...

1. Without seeing them, I can’t say for sure, but it sounds like this new release has slimmed down the sole a touch. The Power shell already did a nice job, but I feel like I might enjoy the iron a little better with what Cobra has done with this new release, as compared to the F9s I played for most of the year after the ‘19 Morgan Cup (and those were great irons, still have the 4 in and out of the bag).

2. I do feel like in my very best ball striking rounds, I can score a little lower with the smaller profile, but there is no pressure when out playing with buddies, or even in a men’s league. However, I also can have more stinker rounds. So, the index is a little lower, but in a match play format, like the Morgan Cup, that consistency coming with the forgiveness may serve me better. A lot of pars serve well in match play. There is pressure in an experience like the Morgan Cup, at least for me, LOL. The added forgiveness may be desirable with that type of pressure, as compared to the normal daily rounds. Also, I play at elevation. The loss of distance with a player cavity is not penalizing at 4000 feet. If playing at sea level, I may score better with the extra distance that comes with a game improvement profile. If I played at sea level all the time, I doubt that I would even consider a player cavity.

3. I truly take seriously the responsibility to discuss the product on the forum and elsewhere. I have tried to provide some good feedback on the Tour MIM release. I also posted frequently about the Forged Tecs, which I played from last October to July. If I played the RAD release, it would be fun to discuss it within the context of my current goal of trying to get to scratch. It is a goal that I probably cannot come close to attaining, but it is a fun leap. It would be a great story to do it with this Cobra release, given that the RAD Speed irons are going to appeal to a broader selection of players.

There’s a very long answer for you, LOL.

Back