Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Budget Championship

a healthy number of THPers predicted a win for The Mounties in this event. after my first 9 on saturday, that looked to be slipping away fast. thankfully we pulled it together and proceeded to kick some ass the rest of the way

after using random numbers via random.org and the process of elimination through multiple descending lotteries...

10 8 8 7 3 6 22
3 7 3 10
10 7
7 7

H8tobogie you have won a Precision Pro NX7 Pro rangefinder! PM me your name/address to receive your prize

aljaklaw;n8907594 said:
a healthy number of THPers predicted a win for The Mounties in this event. after my first 9 on saturday, that looked to be slipping away fast. thankfully we pulled it together and proceeded to kick some ass the rest of the way

after using random numbers via random.org and the process of elimination through multiple descending lotteries...

H8tobogie you have won a Precision Pro NX7 Pro rangefinder! PM me your name/address to receive your prize

Awesome!!! People like aljaklaw that makes the THP Community so incredible. Thanks!!!

JB;n8905417 said:
Tons of predictions and a large number picked the winning team. Congrats, you got selected. Please send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will get this right out to you.

Way to go Pardner! Other than getting stuck with me as your partner at Firestone, you’ve had a helluva a THP Run lately! Congrats man!!

Swag arrived today from picking the winner Mounties. Awesome bag, water bottle and logo triple track Chrome Softs. Thanks THP and Mounties
d2222741fdfecd55e2bf9c7bf813cb54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Swag arrived today from picking the winner Mounties. Awesome bag, water bottle and logo triple track Chrome Softs. Thanks THP and Mounties
d2222741fdfecd55e2bf9c7bf813cb54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have been using that bottle the last few days, new favorite. The swag for this event was just amazing. I am wearing the TM jacket we got and it is awesome. And I love the TM shirts too, Budget Golf is the gift that keeps on giving.

Recap video is up.

Wasn't sure where I should put this, so settled on here...

I've been a bit of an emotional wreck since getting home from CDA. I had an amazing time but am seriously questioning my golfing. So, I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to say coming out of the event and finally thinking I can put together a few thoughts, though I know I'll have more.

I can't thank @JB, @GolferGal, Budget Golf, and Callaway enough for the incredible time at the event. The Coeur D'Alene Resort was a fantastic course. Dinner at Beverly's was freaking delicious. I was incredible lucky to be paired up with @MattyDMPLS. Let me tell you, that guy can golf his ball. Holy crap he hits it a mile. It was a lot of fun to be around that.

First round with team Assisted Living was a lot of fun. I was super happy I didn't top one off the tee with our group going off first. hahaha I was super nervous for the first few holes but settled down after 4 or 5 holes. Both OldeDude and Jim54 were great to play with and fun to be around. I would tee it up with you gents any time, and hopefully hit the ball better than I was.

Second round found us paired with The Mounties. Aljaklaw and I had driven down together and ArmyGolf and I have played quite a few times together, so it was a pretty cool treat to get to play with them in the competition. We had a fun round in spite of my raggedy swing just all over the place. I managed to hit some decent shots here and there and make a few clutch putts to keep us in it. It was a lot of fun how back and forth we went through the round and then ending up tied on the tee of the 18th. Was pretty exciting to be in contention coming in to the end like that. I'm quite disappointed in how 18 ended up going for me, but I was stoked that my buddy Army hit a hell of a drive and a great approach to put his team in place for the win. It was an incredible and emotional round for me. I'm still not sure I've fully processed things to know how I really feel.

BudgetGolf really knocked it out with their support of this event. Ryan is a great person and their company is one I'll definitely support with my golf purchases going forward. Finley and AJ being there to rep Callaway and having their part of the event was so awesome. Both companies get it, and have really great people. It is awesome to see their passion.

I met so many great people at this event. The conversations were awesome and the time spent was a whole lot of fun. There is truly nothing like a THP event and I'm happy to have been able to participate in this one.

I've been a bit of an emotional wreck since getting home from CDA. I had an amazing time but am seriously questioning my golfing. So, I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to say coming out of the event and finally thinking I can put together a few thoughts, though I know I'll have more.

I can't thank @JB, @GolferGal, Budget Golf, and Callaway enough for the incredible time at the event. The Coeur D'Alene Resort was a fantastic course. Dinner at Beverly's was freaking delicious. I was incredible lucky to be paired up with @MattyDMPLS. Let me tell you, that guy can golf his ball. Holy crap he hits it a mile. It was a lot of fun to be around that.

First round with team Assisted Living was a lot of fun. I was super happy I didn't top one off the tee with our group going off first. hahaha I was super nervous for the first few holes but settled down after 4 or 5 holes. Both OldeDude and Jim54 were great to play with and fun to be around. I would tee it up with you gents any time, and hopefully hit the ball better than I was.

Second round found us paired with The Mounties. Aljaklaw and I had driven down together and ArmyGolf and I have played quite a few times together, so it was a pretty cool treat to get to play with them in the competition. We had a fun round in spite of my raggedy swing just all over the place. I managed to hit some decent shots here and there and make a few clutch putts to keep us in it. It was a lot of fun how back and forth we went through the round and then ending up tied on the tee of the 18th. Was pretty exciting to be in contention coming in to the end like that. I'm quite disappointed in how 18 ended up going for me, but I was stoked that my buddy Army hit a hell of a drive and a great approach to put his team in place for the win. It was an incredible and emotional round for me. I'm still not sure I've fully processed things to know how I really feel.

BudgetGolf really knocked it out with their support of this event. Ryan is a great person and their company is one I'll definitely support with my golf purchases going forward. Finley and AJ being there to rep Callaway and having their part of the event was so awesome. Both companies get it, and have really great people. It is awesome to see their passion.

I met so many great people at this event. The conversations were awesome and the time spent was a whole lot of fun. There is truly nothing like a THP event and I'm happy to have been able to participate in this one.

I was lucky to be paired with you! You more than kept us in it! You hit some great shots and putted great! You hit a wedge to gimme range and holed 2 huge putts on 16 and 17 to give us the lead going to the last. I know you haven’t had a ton of opportunity to play recently but when you do, your game is going progress.

Here is to playing in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so stoked to share that round with you buddy. We've talked for years about enjoying a THP Event together one day and I never imagined we would do it at a place like Coeur d'Alene. Being in the pressure cooker final group Sunday really had us all grinding in the trenches, but you should be proud of the way you performed. More than a few times I said to Alex in the cart "Wow, we need to really find another gear to keep up with John and his clutch putter." The net birdies you made on 14, 16 and 17 had us scrambling to find an answer.

Can't wait until we tee it up again.

put the budget golf GC to use today.

CBX2 incoming to duel vs the MD5.

@KCSmitty....you burn that Budget gift card yet?

Thank you again to Budget Golf for supporting us. I just used my gift card to acquire a range finder, which I really am looking forward to using.

I did the same and used it for the first time tonight.

Game changer.

I did the same and used it for the first time tonight.

Game changer.
Mine just came in. Tomorrow is the day!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7fb94a500d39b8c25a101c10762a7fde.jpg

Received the prize pack from @aljaklaw - an NX7 Pro, various Lamkin grips, epoch golf tees, 3 Srixon z-star XV (I’ve been wanting to try), a couple of the Budget Gold logo balls, and a granddaddy truvis. Thanks buddy for the contest and the prize pack! Well done!

Anybody want to go back this weekend?

Saturday
Rain. High near 43. Windy, with a northeast wind 20 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Breezy, with a northeast wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday
A chance of snow before 10am, then rain and snow likely between 10am and noon, then rain likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

To have another weekend with all of you? Absolutely!
Some great times, both on and off the course. You guys can lead my castle onslaught any time.

Back