Contest and Live Update Thread: Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson in The Match!

Tiger is -200 and lefty +170 currently

Phil will be the winner. Gambling, and playing for high stakes is his strength.

Anyone play or know much about Shadow Creek? I'm not familiar with the course at all, other than how upscale and scenic it is. Are their greens up to par with a typical PGA Tour stop or are we expecting some really low scores? You gotta think they're going to set up the course to be as easy as possible, right?

Well I'll be at work so I wont be watching. I'm counting on THPers to keep me informed of any interesting happenings haha.

I’m going to fade the public and pick Phil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger is going to make the win look easy, so I choose him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Tiger will pull it off.

I will take Phil in an upset.

Phil, wish i could be in the thread during, but it will be 75 here and I will be out playing

I gotta go with the Big Cat on this, hopefully its a good fun match.

Tiger

Phil's winning this. He's the guy you don't ever want to play darts with in the bar. There's no way Phil loses a money game.

I am going for the better odds for the THP prize.... Phil wins.

I'll be on the beach in Hawaii so won't be watching but I'll keep track on Tapatalk.

Phil's winning this. He's the guy you don't ever want to play darts with in the bar. There's no way Phil loses a money game.

Except in darts, Phil isn’t either gonna hit the bullseye or throw the dart 50ft right of the board. We’re not exactly sure which Phil is gonna show up here.

Tiger vs Phil

Tiger vs Phil

Tiger vs Phil is just about here and it only took a couple of decades for it to happen. The Match, coming to PPV, features the two biggest stars of the generation facing off in a head to head, winner take all match with $9 million on the line.

Kicking off at 3pm EST and being played at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas, it is also the first live PPV event in golf. While that comes with a price tag of $20, it also means that we have four hours of golf (and lots of walking) with no commercial.

Both players will be wearing mics for the entire round and the rumors of side wagers should make it rather interesting as well. We will be tuning in, will you?

Match-M.jpg

The Prize
Seems pretty easy and straight forward here, pick the winner and then if you win, you have a chance at prize of a THP Prize Pack valued at over $500. It could be equipment, it could be anything really, but we know it will be 100% awesome.

How to Enter
Entering is easy. Make a post in this thread with your prediction of who is going to win. That's it. Then join us in the thread for the entire round as we discuss the whole thing as we expect it to be a ton of fun.

One Entry per Person
Entry must be in by the time tee off takes place

Good luck everybody.

Tiger wins 4 & 3

Got to go with good ole Tiger. I think he's back

I’m guess Phil. I know I’m in the smaller group as most think Tiger will win. But Lefty is just gotta win this for all the 2nd places he’s gotten cause of El Tigre. So there. COME ON LEFTY!!!

Gotta go with tiger

Unfortunately I won't get to watch much, I work til 3 and then have to do some black Friday shopping

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Have to go Tiger. Thanks for another fun contest!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My gut tells me Tiger, which is why I'm going with Phil.

The first bet Phil proposed is $100,000 if he birdies the first hole, Tiger doubled it. So now now Phil gets $200,000 for making a first hole birdie. Seems like a crazy bet. Phil probably birdies the first hole only about 10% of the rounds he plays.

All square after 18...if they play sudden death then Tiger FTW...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Tiger for the win.

Back