Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on JB's side, I have no idea. I should probably figure that out.

I have no idea on mine tbh, but don't think I ever her to really know it. Probably something I should figure out

Maybe it's just more common than I realized. Maybe it's a guy thing? My mom told me my blood type when I went to college. She's also crazy paranoid and wanted me to know what it was in case I need a blood transfusion haha.

I work in healthcare, though not in the hospital itself but we have to follow the regulations they set up. Still we may be exempt as we cut out most face to face contact

I hope that didn't come across as a criticism to you, as I was aware of your general work based upon your prior posts in this forum. People like you and Jman's wife and arydolphin and I am sure others on here need these things to do they job. Most people don't.

Tax day is now July 15th which makes me happy as I owe.

I saw that blood type article too, but there were so many holes in their logic. As a person with Type O negative blood I liked the idea of it, but the study was greatly lacking.

I also then learned that @JB doesn't know his blood type. Is that a common thing? I thought most people knew their blood type.
Absolutely no idea what my blood type is, if I had to guess its O+

I also then learned that @JB doesn't know his blood type. Is that a common thing? I thought most people knew their blood type.
It must be a girl thing. I used to have a card that had mine on it, but I don't know what happened to it, so I don't know.

i asked my wife her blood type last night and she didn’t know. I couldn’t believe it. I have always known mine and I still have dog tags with it stamped in them.

I have & that just made LOL!

Growing up my curfew was 9pm, and if I showed up at 9:01pm my mother was already on the phone with the police department because she was convinced I was dead in a ditch somewhere. This happened on more than one occasion...

Maybe it's just more common than I realized. Maybe it's a guy thing? My mom told me my blood type when I went to college. She's also crazy paranoid and wanted me to know what it was in case I need a blood transfusion haha.
I get it, I come from crazy protective Greek family but I think I went so far the other way having the " eh whatever" mentality.. but maybe a guy thing, as most of my friends are the laid back and not anxious types, while are female counterparts are big balls of stress and think of every little thing

I hope that didn't come across as a criticism to you, as I was aware of your general work based upon your prior posts in this forum. People like you and Jman's wife and arydolphin and I am sure others on here need these things to do they job. Most people don't.

Oh no not at all, didn't even register to be something like that. I laugh at the idiocy of my system, hell even the whole state/country with the battle on who gets to buy all the medical supplies

Hospital finally let my mom in to see my dad but nobody else. Sepsis. They can't do anything else for him. We're struggling with the dilemma of travel in coronavirus times. I don't think we could have a typical funeral service now, and given Julie's potential exposure to COVID-19 from her boss, I don't know that we should travel. Julie has a cold and I'm sniffling. These are complicated times. BTW, I appreciate the kind thoughts and and prayers from the THP community. You are an amazing group.

Here's a golf picture of my dad from the early 1970s. He had this picture pinned up in his office, and I took a photo of it last time I was there. He was in his mid-30s then. PhD/MD. He grew up very poor and was the first in his family to go to college. He picked up his MD while working as a postdoc and also teaching classes. Then he went back to his small hometown, a farming community. They needed a doctor. He delivered babies, did surgeries, etc. and only charged what people could afford. Allways on call. I rarely saw him then. Great man. Terrible golfer. He had a good decade of golfing with his buddies before he stopped when he moved to Colorado, which was always his dream. His best friend was the PGA pro at the local Elks club course who died of an environmental-caused skin disease. I think golf died for my dad with Gary. I wish I had embraced golf back then. It was one of the few things pop was able to do to let off steam. He told me that when he couldn't sleep he would play the course in his head to relax. I will find a similar outfit and rock it on the course.

59C8C7A7-F2A0-4643-96C4-4D2F06EA8370.jpeg

Tax day is now July 15th which makes me happy as I owe.

fwiw you still had until july 15 to pay what you owe. I have two takes on this.

1- this was done because of pressure from the American institute of certified public accountants. it is ludicrous to make tax professionals continue to meet deadlines with quarantines, social distancing, school cancellation, etc.

2- I really think this being done because the us govt knows mandatory quarantines are coming soon. that will crush any and all possibility of public accounting practice.

as a partner in a small cpa firm, I like that I won't have to work as much, but i'm really scared about the cash flow impact of this. we still have bills to pay, we still have employees to pay, but now our clients are disincentivized to get their info to us.

fwiw you still had until july 15 to pay what you owe. I have two takes on this.

1- this was done because of pressure from the American institute of certified public accountants. it is ludicrous to make tax professionals continue to meet deadlines with quarantines, social distancing, school cancellation, etc.

2- I really think this being done because the us govt knows mandatory quarantines are coming soon. that will crush any and all possibility of public accounting practice.

as a partner in a small cpa firm, I like that I won't have to work as much, but i'm really scared about the cash flow impact of this. we still have bills to pay, we still have employees to pay, but now our clients are disincentivized to get their info to us.

My taxes are already into to our accountant and I'll pay estimated taxes on a normal schedule but it's certainly understandable/logical that they had this extension.

Hospital finally let my mom in to see my dad but nobody else. Sepsis. They can't do anything else for him. We're struggling with the dilemma of travel in coronavirus times. I don't think we could have a typical funeral service now, and given Julie's potential exposure to COVID-19 from her boss, I don't know that we should travel. Julie has a cold and I'm sniffling. These are complicated times. BTW, I appreciate the kind thoughts and and prayers from the THP community. You are an amazing group.

Here's a golf picture of my dad from the early 1970s. He had this picture pinned up in his office, and I took a photo of it last time I was there. He was in his mid-30s then. PhD/MD. He grew up very poor and was the first in his family to go to college. He picked up his MD while working as a postdoc and also teaching classes. Then he went back to his small hometown, a farming community. They needed a doctor. He delivered babies, did surgeries, etc. and only charged what people could afford. Allways on call. I rarely saw him then. Great man. Terrible golfer. He had a good decade of golfing with his buddies before he stopped when he moved to Colorado, which was always his dream. His best friend was the PGA pro at the local Elks club course who died of an environmental-caused skin disease. I think golf died for my dad with Gary. I wish I had embraced golf back then. It was one of the few things pop was able to do to let off steam. He told me that when he couldn't sleep he would play the course in his head to relax. I will find a similar outfit and rock it on the course.

View attachment 8932772

Really sorry to hear that GB.

Growing up my curfew was 9pm, and if I showed up at 9:01pm my mother was already on the phone with the police department because she was convinced I was dead in a ditch somewhere. This happened on more than one occasion...

Ya know, that happened to Mrs GreenFarbs daughter and she had to carry around an urn of ashes to all of the Yenta functions.

Ya know, that happened to Mrs GreenFarbs daughter and she had to carry around an urn of ashes to all of the Yenta functions.

Her stories were good, but never as good as the one Beverly comes up with on the show. However, if I had a nickel for every time my mother said "I have failed as a mother" I would be rich!

View attachment 8932772
Thoughts and prayers, so sorry. Be safe no matter what is in store over the next few weeks.

Thoughts and prayers, so sorry. Be safe no matter what is in store over the next few weeks.
Yes, thoughts and prayers.

I saw that blood type article too, but there were so many holes in their logic. As a person with Type O negative blood I liked the idea of it, but the study was greatly lacking.

As an A- person I shrugged my shoulders and kinda said “I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing (ie being reasonably careful) and if I get it I get it.”

I guarantee this will all be taken care of as part of the "bail out" or whatever you want to call it. Posting something like this (the person making the tweet not you Nate) just makes people less inclined to get help if they are sick for fear they can't afford the hospital bills. This tweet makes me mad.

It could be a crazy mom thing too. If you have ever watched the TV show The Goldbergs, that's my mother.
I only know because I gave blood once and now the Red Cross is on me all the time to donate because A- is rarer than many.

My taxes are already into to our accountant and I'll pay estimated taxes on a normal schedule but it's certainly understandable/logical that they had this extension.

as of right now, your balance due and your first estimated are both delayed to 7/15. I haven't checked recently, but IRS notice 2020-17 did not address the june 15 estimate, so we are currently assuming it is still due june 15.

I guarantee this will all be taken care of as part of the "bail out" or whatever you want to call it. Posting something like this (the person making the tweet not you Nate) just makes people less inclined to get help if they are sick for fear they can't afford the hospital bills. This tweet makes me mad.

That is absolutely insane and you are correct.
#ClickBait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back