Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no.
There are a number of viruses that do not get along with heat.
That isn't to say this one does or doesn't, but just the idea of the virus lives because we are indoors more is false.
Sort of anyway. Its because viruses don't suspend in air as long in humid conditions.
I think we may both be correct. I did look this up and there is correlation between getting sick and passing more germs in winter (being indoors more). But also as you mention (which i did not know) certain viruses being able to stay in the air longer in dryer weather. So I think both factors play their respective roles in making for old n flu season (being winter).

I think we may both be correct. I did look this up and there is correlation between getting sick and passing more germs in winter (being indoors more). But also as you mention (which i did not know) certain viruses being able to stay in the air longer in dryer weather. So I think both factors play their respective roles in making for old n flu season (being winter).

Okay.
I guess in FL and CA nobody should ever get sick then ;)

Okay.
I guess in FL and CA nobody should ever get sick then ;)

If we kicked out Ohio and Michigan visitors, I mean.. We might actually not :LOL:

The Covid 19 problem is currently so much worse in NY, NJ, and LA. I did the math and for the 33 million people in those states there are 5,690 confirmed cases per million people. In the rest of the country, the rate is 566 cases per million.

For the deaths per million, those three states are at 190 and the rest of the country is at 14 deaths per million.

We know things will get worse in the days and weeks ahead for most states. Let us hope we don't have another dozen hotspots like we are having in those 3 states.

Here is another twist on the issue of hydroxychloroquine, and related concerns about its availability for those already taking it for lupus and other conditions if it becomes a treatment for Covid-19. How many of you have adjusted your use of meds, vitamins, supplements, etc as a result of the coronavirus and Covid-19?

Does anyone else out there suffer from occasional gout attacks, and use indomethacin for relief? I do, and went on line to research its use and side effects. Turns out that it relieves gout but may also compromise the immune system somewhat in doing so. I have had a couple minor flare ups in the past week and put off taking the meds until the burning pain became too intense to stand. Then I popped a couple indo and just hoped I wasn't taking an unreasonable risk. Gout gone. Still feeling fine. But it caused me to wonder about the many others who have chronic conditions and rely on meds for treatment or just relief from pain. Are they risking their immune system, or foregoing their drugs to avoid that?

Also, I have increased my intake of Vitamin C to 2 grams per day. I know. Vitamin C probably doesn't do anything for your immune system. But I have mega-dosed it many times when I get a cold and it seems to speed getting over the cold and the pace of recovery. Could just be mental. I can stand the ridicule if you want to laugh at me. :p

FWIW, I don't take any other meds (maybe an occasional Excedrin if I spend too much time on the computer). My doc says if everyone was as healthy as me he would have to become a plumber. It's the only other job that pays as well.:) I'm very lucky in that sense, but still can't seem to break 80 anymore.

Be well. Be kind.

The Covid 19 problem is currently so much worse in NY, NJ, and LA. I did the math and for the 33 million people in those states there are 5,690 confirmed cases per million people. In the rest of the country, the rate is 566 cases per million.

For the deaths per million, those three states are at 190 and the rest of the country is at 14 deaths per million.

We know things will get worse in the days and weeks ahead for most states. Let us hope we don't have another dozen hotspots like we are having in those 3 states.

I think that has a lot to do with the congestion level in those places. NJ is probably because those people worked in NYC, and NYC is so congested it makes sense. LA had Mardi Gras, that was basically a breeding ground for it. This is strictly my own opinion, but to me this makes sense why it's so concentrated in those areas.

Just got word that one of my father's best buddies tested positive. Had a feeling that was going to be the result, he's had a fever for the last 4-5 days

First CBS drops the hospital portraying it as someplace else in video footage. Now they don't do the research on this nurse.

The mainstream media is handling this SOOOOOO poorly.

I think that has a lot to do with the congestion level in those places. NJ is probably because those people worked in NYC, and NYC is so congested it makes sense. LA had Mardi Gras, that was basically a breeding ground for it. This is strictly my own opinion, but to me this makes sense why it's so concentrated in those areas.

Totally agree. I was talking about this exact thing with my daughter and other large cities that are not so far hotspots such as Los Angeles, just don't have the same density as NYC. Los Angeles also doesn't have millions of people on a subway each and every day. Here are the highest density cities in the U.S.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 1.42.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Got to be tearing the Golf Industry apart:
View attachment 8935871

Cobra built a single iron for me during the shutdown. I think the shutdown is more of a limited capacity to build clubs. I'll find out on Thursday how out of spec it is, but I'm hoping it's fine.

It's a sad state for sure. Considering this probably one of the busiest times for them with seasons getting into full swing. I cant help but imagine how bad the smaller outfits are going.

Its definitely more than that unfortunately.
I understand most of the corporate offices are completely shut down as well.

But I cant imagine things are doing to well for anyone in the golf industry right now.

My comment was more in reference to the custom club operations which that email referenced.

First CBS drops the hospital portraying it as someplace else in video footage. Now they don't do the research on this nurse.

The mainstream media is handling this SOOOOOO poorly.

So CBS added music and captions, but didn’t vet out if it was a fake or not?

Solid effort there...

So CBS added music and captions, but didn’t vet out if it was a fake or not?

Solid effort there...

Yup. Turns out she hasn't worked there in quite some time and sadly might be battling some mental issues, which you fear in times like this.

I would ask why you would think the golf industry would be any different than the rest of the economy?
I would like to see a sector that hasn't been affected.

I don’t think that is what @Iceman! is saying, just making reference about the industry since this is a golf forum.

Yup. Turns out she hasn't worked there in quite some time and sadly might be battling some mental issues, which you fear in times like this.
Wait the Mainstream Media Gets it WRONG again?? Wish I could say I was surprised but they don't care about being right just First!
It's sad that this is where Journalism is today.

I would ask why you would think the golf industry would be any different than the rest of the economy?
I would like to see a sector that hasn't been affected.

It's hard to not say this and it come out as in poor taste, but I would imagine the funeral home service companies are one of a few sectors that are doing okay through this.

I don’t think that is what @Iceman! is saying, just making reference about the industry since this is a golf forum.
I know, I am surprised we haven't seen layoffs in this industry or did we just miss the announcements.

It seems China is having a 2nd go with the virus and I fear this is going to last into the summer.

It's hard to not say this and it come out as in poor taste, but I would imagine the funeral home service companies are one of a few sectors that are doing okay through this.
Sometimes all you can do is find humor in terrible situations!

The Problem is No one is going to funerals. I attended my Grandmothers funeral 2 weeks ago and was the only person there since no one will fly atm. It wasn't fun. Not that the funeral business is ever fun. I expect there to be many just like me which is something most haven't thought about.

The stories that break my heart are of the people face timing their families to say goodbye.

Dont forget grocery stores, toilet paper companies. Etc
You have to have some humor when possible. Its good for the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back