Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no evidence whatsoever that this virus is lab created or that the lab in question is creating viruses. They are studying viruses from the bat caves to see which are dangerous for humans and may have released one theh found. Unless you know something I don't or have a link to a credible source than saying it is created is misleading because there is no evidence thats the case.
Per the Joe Rogan clip several pages back where he interviews a PhD in Biology, there are strong clues - not proof - but a combination of unique charactersitcs which rarely happen in nature (but can happen in nature) and which are much more commonly associated with legitimate modifications made per lab research. It’s theoretically possible more than one of those rare naturally occurring events happened here but per that source the fact multiple of those events occurred - plus other things - makes it more likely the virus escaped from a lab that was ortherwise performing legit research.

I think you can understand the difference between bringing live bats to market and taking 10-15 animals around in a circus and why one is exponentially more dangerous for humans than the other. Circus animals have never been in the wild and they are never around their own kind. Their potential to carry a virus from other wild animals and infect a human is practically zero. Bringing 20-30 different live bats that were trapped in a cave that contains millions of other live bats is a different story than the circus altogether.
Good post. I recall the days of discussing the effortless swing!

Per the Joe Rogan clip several pages back where he interviews a PhD in Biology, there are strong clues - not proof - but a combination of unique charactersitcs which rarely happen in nature (but can happen in nature) and which are much more commonly associated with legitimate modifications made per lab research. It’s theoretically possible more than one of those rare naturally occurring events happened here but per that source the fact multiple of those events occurred - plus other things - makes it more likely the virus escaped from a lab that was ortherwise performing legit research.
Why do we have to guess after shutting down the economy and destroying 30M jobs?

I feel like this thread just reverted to April. Quick, someone throw out some mask outrage for me to know what month it is.

I feel like this thread just reverted to April. Quick, someone throw out some mask outrage for me to know what month it is.

I feel as if we wasted our shut down. Let's hope masks and social distancing works. Still, until a vaccine comes, life won't be as much fun...

I think you can understand the difference between bringing live bats to market and taking 10-15 animals around in a circus and why one is exponentially more dangerous for humans than the other. Circus animals have never been in the wild and they are never around their own kind. Their potential to carry a virus from other wild animals and infect a human is practically zero. Bringing 20-30 different live bats that were trapped in a cave that contains millions of other live bats is a different story than the circus altogether.
I think you took me a little too seriously here. ;)
With the previous SARS variants, they didn't make a sudden jump to human transmission.
Lotta livestock, lotta pigs I understand, had to be culled in China many times over the years, necessitating a lot of pork imports from the US. SARS variants I understand.

I do think of like some wild cat guy (isn't that some streaming deal now) that has close, repeated contact with animals, or just plain modern day agriculture and mega farms. We're having animal pandemics quite often for some time.

University Of Minnesota Infectious Disease Center:

0 likelihood it was made in a lab and very low it was accidentaly released

Robert Garry a professoor of Microbiology At Tulane

Pretty Much Impossible with the world's limited knowledge of virus to make one that would work

Multiple scientistists in New Scientis

No credible evidence this was created because it looks like other SARS and MERS coronvairuses that come from bats

Multiple researchers across the country

Our research clearly shows Covid not made in a lab

Sorry folks, the evidence is clearly that this was not made in a lab. In fact nearly every scientists states that there is not enough knowledge among human beings to create a virus like this in a lab. Every scientist that knows about coronaviruses has also looked at this one and stated it looks like other coronaviruses that come from bats and there is nothing unnatural about it. The only thing the data shows is that 30% of our country believes this. Why do people believe things that are not true? Because they are brainwashed.

Please read this article to overcome your bias to think anecdotally and start using your brain in more enlightened manner:

Anecdotal Evidence Is Not Science

An example of anecdotal evidence being run with is one scientist coming on a show known to entertain conspiracy theorists is basically the only evidence anyone can site that this was created in a lab. The problem here is that it's only one voice and the interviewer (Joe Rogan) doesn't know anything about viruses himself so he can't ask any questions that might have brought holes in the theory. He just let's the guy go deeper into his story without examining any of the holes in it. You can Google coronavirus created in a lab and every reputable publication, scientist, and university states that it is not created in a lab and gives various evidence and research to show why they are saying that yet 30% of people believe it because they saw this one youtube video or watched the podcast. They also have seen their friends who watched the same video agree with them and they have seen memes on the internet. Meanwhile the people who are educated and have expertise refute this over and over and it never hits those peoples radar because they don't read the news from multiple sources or from reputable sources.

naturally occurring, 99% likely
researched in a lab, 50% likely
created in a lab, .000001% likely
escaped from a lab, 10% likely
talking to myself, 100% likely LOL

As a math person I like to put numbers instead of maybe. Think about what you know and what you have researched then put a number next to all those maybes. That will help you better analyyze and understand the world.

For example in my golf round today there are several possibilities:

I hit a hole in one, maybe
I get a par, maybe
I shoot in the 100's, maybe
I shoot in the 60's, maybe
I get GIR, maybe

Maybe doesn't mean anything and it makes these things look more equally likely than they are.

Had a low key 4th of July, which is fine with me. Aunts and uncles came to my parents house. Hugs were replaced by elbow bumps. (I still stink at elbow bumps...) Only one cousin was there. The other two are pharmacists and decided to stay home out of an abundance of caution.

Wife’s parents didn’t come because my BIL and SIL are new parents and would prefer my FIL and MIL don’t hang out with many other people. Disappointing, but I guess as new parents it’s their job to be overprotective.

Very low key 4th; wife and kids were at her parents this week so got to relax, play 36 holes in the last two days, grilles some fish and enjoyed a great evening watching fireworks from my front lawn with the neighbors

Had a great 4th. First time I’ve felt comfortable enough to go to a family get together due to my job, I basically could be Typhoid Mary as many sick people as I’m around every day.

We called it a protest since we had so many people and we even blew up a whole bunch of stuff. No ones taking a vacation this year so lots of family pitched in and we ended up with over 10k worth of fireworks and a licensed pyrotechnic to wire them set them off. My one cousin who does very well kicked their vacation fund in its entirety (8 grand!) into it.

So we had the best fireworks show in the county. Set them off at my sisters house. She lives out in the sticks in a valley. The way they sound in a Valley with several hundred foot of vertical rock walls on both side of you, impressive. We protested very loudly and brightly from about 9-11 last night. Best fireworks display ever!

Back to local impacts. Canada and Canadians haven't been perfect in all this, some Provinces doing better than others, and it has exposed glaring holes how we have looked after our vulnerable citizens in long-term care facilities. Nonetheless we have worked together, generally as responsible individuals and across party lines and the curve has been flattened.

In BC our Provincial Health Officer, Bonnie Henry, who is in charge of this crisis provincially is looked on as a hero in all quarters. Here's a link to a CNN clip on how Canada tackled it from a couple of days ago. Clip top right of page.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-03-20-intl/index.html

Last edited:
naturally occurring, maybe
researched in a lab, maybe
created in a lab, maybe
escaped from a lab, maybe
talking to myself, maybe
Remember when the media flipped on a dime and declared the virus did not originate in China....despite universal reporting it came from China the day before? The cancel cutture folks pounded the airwaves telling us we cannot say "Wuhan virus" Gosh, you'd have to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that was a dead-giveaway that the media had new marching orders. And of course there's no way those orders came from China or by anyone with interests in China. Besides, folks on TV always provide credible and factual news. They never tell "a story", they always tell "The Story". We NEVER saw fake news the last 4 years. To believe otherwise is a conspiracy theory.

As for scientific studies / predictions, we have never witnessed any fake / junk science to support a narrative. There's no way on Earth that all the scientists who are substantially funded by govts or special interest groups would EVER publish false or misleading findings or dire predictions. Nope, no way. You're a lunatic to think otherwise.

Nobody has ever created a virus in a lab....therefore it did not, and will ever happen. And if anyone did, by gosh we would know because the media who said we can't call it the Wuhan virus, and stand to make billions with access to Chinese markets would be hot on their tails. And of course China, or any other country, would readily admit they unleashed a virus that could be viewed as an act of war. To believe otherwise is tin foil hat stuff.

And other than Fauci, nobody could have predicted an outbreak.....three years before the outbreak...and two years after sending $4.7M to the Wuhan Lab, and after Chinese nationals along with a professor were arrested at Logan Airport for smuggling virus research materials. Dr. Nostradamus emerges! And surely the reason why he knew was because he's just so SMART he can predict a world-crippling pandemic, you know, the same guy who can't figure out if masks are effective. Besides, he works for the CDC so he always has our best interest in mind, and surely you must believe all govt folks have our best interests in mind.. We know this now with sheltering the healthy vs. the sick, massive job losses, destruction of small businesses. But "we're all in this together". To think otherwise is crazy talk.

Last edited:
University Of Minnesota Infectious Disease Center:

0 likelihood it was made in a lab and very low it was accidentaly released

Robert Garry a professoor of Microbiology At Tulane

Pretty Much Impossible with the world's limited knowledge of virus to make one that would work

Multiple scientistists in New Scientis

No credible evidence this was created because it looks like other SARS and MERS coronvairuses that come from bats

Multiple researchers across the country

Our research clearly shows Covid not made in a lab

Sorry folks, the evidence is clearly that this was not made in a lab. In fact nearly every scientists states that there is not enough knowledge among human beings to create a virus like this in a lab. Every scientist that knows about coronaviruses has also looked at this one and stated it looks like other coronaviruses that come from bats and there is nothing unnatural about it. The only thing the data shows is that 30% of our country believes this. Why do people believe things that are not true? Because they are brainwashed.

Please read this article to overcome your bias to think anecdotally and start using your brain in more enlightened manner:

Anecdotal Evidence Is Not Science

An example of anecdotal evidence being run with is one scientist coming on a show known to entertain conspiracy theorists is basically the only evidence anyone can site that this was created in a lab. The problem here is that it's only one voice and the interviewer (Joe Rogan) doesn't know anything about viruses himself so he can't ask any questions that might have brought holes in the theory. He just let's the guy go deeper into his story without examining any of the holes in it. You can Google coronavirus created in a lab and every reputable publication, scientist, and university states that it is not created in a lab and gives various evidence and research to show why they are saying that yet 30% of people believe it because they saw this one youtube video or watched the podcast. They also have seen their friends who watched the same video agree with them and they have seen memes on the internet. Meanwhile the people who are educated and have expertise refute this over and over and it never hits those peoples radar because they don't read the news from multiple sources or from reputable sources.
Thanks for your time in posting those articles. I did read each one (minus the anecdotal piece. I know scientific models.)
Every, and I mean EVERY source you posted has conflicts of interest. And none of the articles you posted make definitive statements of origin, etc.
If the virus is 96% bat virus, what's the other 4%? Stating it does not follow "normal" mutation patterns, which these articles suggest, to me, only further suggests manipulation. They shut the research down in 2014.

Again; when NIH pulls the purse strings at all these "higher learning" institutions. If they aren't they lose the funding. The media/publishing industry, where all of these articles are hosted and promoted, always has been and continues to be, one of the most corrupt in society. If you like your science from the mob, they're happy to give it to ya.

Thanks for your time in posting those articles. I did read each one (minus the anecdotal piece. I know scientific models.)
Every, and I mean EVERY source you posted has conflicts of interest. And none of the articles you posted make definitive statements of origin, etc.
If the virus is 96% bat virus, what's the other 4%? Stating it does not follow "normal" mutation patterns, which these articles suggest, to me, only further suggests manipulation. They shut the research down in 2014.

Again; when NIH pulls the purse strings at all these "higher learning" institutions. If they aren't they lose the funding. The media/publishing industry, where all of these articles are hosted and promoted, always has been and continues to be, one of the most corrupt in society. If you like your science from the mob, they're happy to give it to ya.
I can win a debate with science and facts. I cannot debate you if when I post multiple scientists saying things and your response is that they are in on the fix and I should not believe them. That's a conspiracy theory and I will not entertain a debate in that manner. I am sorry.

I don't know how conspiracy issue posts and debates stopped being political. Can we talk about the topic or just shut this down once and for all. (My vote.) It seems the initial intent of this thread is long since dead.

I don't know how conspiracy issue posts and debates stopped being political. Can we talk about the topic or just shut this down once and for all. (My vote.) It seems the initial intent of this thread is long since dead.

It can be shutdown for you simply by not clicking on it, or posting in it, right?

We monitor it closely and take action when we feel appropriate. There is a huge forum out there for those that would rather discuss other items.

Local impact -- I've had more friends around Dallas text me, saying this situation is stupid with people acting crazy. Some younger people, athletes, want to get infected now, in hopes of being immune during their season.

Blame? There is a time to lay down the blame. But blame is not certain. The media? Ignore the hype, stick with reality. I'd like to stick with resolving the issue for now. I'd like the economy to stay open and for peeps to use common sense, even if masks are a placebo, they may provide some use against spreadking. I don't like a mask, but now it's an unfortunate second nature. Saw an older guy wearing a face shield in Whole Foods last night.

It's now been over 3 months since leaders have taken this somewhat seriously, and we still have long lines for testing and we are short on PPE. Seriously? Our shutdowns were wasted except for some states who are just beginning to open. Texas is panicking and masking, bars are revolting against the Texas Governor.

Can't we get it together to get PPE and adequate testing? And it seems that testing lines only recently went for miles. Three weeks ago, I had my son tested in the burbs, and no line. Now, with cases out the whazzoo, everyone wants to get tested - they're panicking in Dallas, Houston, etc.

I mean, this is the USA - where is the PPE, where are the tests? It's ridiculous. Other Countries are laughing at us and won't let us in -- that's harsh. And the less PPE and Testing we have, the more the peeps around Dallas panic. Oh, well, let's turn on TGC.

Last edited:

Good points. And it's a fact that the bulk of research is funded by govt and/or special interests...a pay-for-play. Huge conflict of interest. Plus, govt is political by nature, and thus govt officials are selected and elected based upon their promise to carry-out donors / special interest orders. But special interests can't overtly make stuff up, so instead they shop "science" to create a "science shield" that we're not allowed to question. We've seen this unfold with HQ along with doctors who are censored for having an opposing view to the CDC or state govt edicts.

And since science as morphed into a public influencing tool, we're told far more often that we need to "believe" whatever "science" is presented. Alternately, there's no need to believe a thrown rock is affected by gravity. IMO any time we're told to believe, it's junk science.

When there is no standardized reporting of cases, what is this all based on to begin with? How is anyone pretending like they are "informed" with all these articles when the data is fudged from the beginning? Talk about breakdown of basic common sense, let alone scientific model.

Please return the thread to impact and not government spending or we will be forced to close it again. Thank you.

Too funny not to share...
D3420746-8C21-4B76-92C8-E4926EAB421F.jpeg

Drove by a local gentleman's club and the sign outside said "Clothed Again." I chuckled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back