Coronavirus and the Masters

Ultra musical festival in Miami cancelled and that draws tons of people, different crowd with way more body contact though.

Ultra musical festival in Miami cancelled and that draws tons of people, different crowd with way more body contact though.
IMO, that cancellation was much more political than it had to do with the coronavirus. It has been the ire of Miami politicians for some time, culminating last year when it was moved to a location on Virginia Key, a place with high wealth and limited access to and from. Basically, it was a giant cluster. This year it was going to be at a different location, but not in the prior traditional location of Biscayne Park. Essentially, that music festival is not very politically welcome, for whatever reasons.

Luckily the Masters will decide what they think is best with no one influencing that.

I received this email a couple days ago... Masters is on and I'll be there for the Monday practice round in a hazard suit if needed.
7e79f10af5d76cdd67f3ef6e29c6fdab.jpg
520ea7285f4a175a4ec8cde047bd0e23.jpg

I received this email a couple days ago... Masters is on and I'll be there for the Monday practice round in a hazard suit if needed.
7e79f10af5d76cdd67f3ef6e29c6fdab.jpg
520ea7285f4a175a4ec8cde047bd0e23.jpg
That's good news for you, but I am still bummed that we won't get to attend ULTRA together this year.

That's good news for you, but I am still bummed that we won't get to attend ULTRA together this year.
Ha, I actually went 3 yrs ago... insane!

SXSW just caved and cancelled

If I had tickets I would 100% go. I have tickets to Italy for mid May and I am getting ready to cancel my trip. Not so much fear of the virus but rather there is no way I can take another 2 weeks off if we get quarantined for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coachella moved to October

I can't imagine that'd be the same for the players playing with no crowd. Would definitely seem weird to watch on TV, too, with no Tiger roars.
I’m sure they could play the roars over speakers in the trees where the bird sounds come from.

🤪

If they restrict the Masters to no patrons, it's going to be pretty awful for the Augusta economy. At this point I have not decided if my family and I will use our passes to the Drive, Chip, & Putt this year, but I have the advantage of being close enough to not really have to make any plans around attending any part of the event from one year to the next.

Gotta admit I am getting a bit concerned how this is going to play out with all this other events being cancelled or being played without spectators. I know AGNC will not be bullied into making a call to do like wise, but I don't like how it is looking.

Cliff Robert’s ghost won’t let anything bad happen to you at Augusta National.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fans for the NCAA tournament

I have tickets for Monday’s practice round and am hoping we can mitigate COVID 19 well enough where they won’t have to cancel.

No fans for the NCAA tournament

Warriors NBA game tomorrow is not open to spectators, fans. I can imagine pro golf event operators making the same decision.

Warriors NBA game tomorrow is not open to spectators, fans. I can imagine pro golf event operators making the same decision.

I can too. If they don’t allow spectators at the Masters I’m still playing golf for 4 days that weekend.

I can too. If they don’t allow spectators at the Masters I’m still playing golf for 4 days that weekend.

Hopefully the virus will not cause golf courses to close for business, but I guess it's possible.

This is getting out of hand. It’s not like the Masters is in a confined area. Maybe I should stock up on toilet paper, food & water and not leave my house until June.

Gotta admit I am getting a bit concerned how this is going to play out with all this other events being cancelled or being played without spectators. I know AGNC will not be bullied into making a call to do like wise, but I don't like how it is looking.
The problem is they'll never be able to prove what they prevent by cancelling the event, but the city and surrounding area make their money from the Masters tournament patrons. No patrons is going to crush a lot of businesses and no small number of homeowners who normally rent out their houses for the week, along with all the house-cleaning businesses who make their money prepping those houses for rental. I understand why the ANGC is trying not to make a decision because they're going to hear about it locally if they do, but they're running out of time.

Gotta remember folks, you’re outside. Not really a confined area..

I’m afraid that your concern is likely legitimate. It would seem plausible that ANGC follows what other sports and leagues are doing. No spectators. In my opinion, to do otherwise would be irresponsible. I know they can’t generally be bullied or forced into doing anything as a private club. But, this is different.

Back