Costco Kirkland Signature Putters?

One of the guys I play with picked one up at a Costco in CA last weekend. He said the head feels too light for him and the grip was installed slightly off-center so the face is closed when you grip it. He's going to bring it to the course Friday so I can check it out.
Expect a full review... swap your putter for the round! I think by hole 7 you beg for your gamer.

One of the guys I play with picked one up at a Costco in CA last weekend. He said the head feels too light for him and the grip was installed slightly off-center so the face is closed when you grip it. He's going to bring it to the course Friday so I can check it out.
hahahaha yessssssss

(feels bad for the buddy though)

Expect a full review... swap your putter for the round! I think by hole 7 you beg for your gamer.
If the head is that light, I probably would be begging for my gamer. He plays a blade putter and thinks it's too light, I can't imagine what it will feel like compared to my mallet. It'll be interesting to try though, just to satisfy my curiosity.

I would need the weight kit and cut it down to 32 or 33 inches for it to work for me. Cost would jump to around $200.

20200521_160411.jpg

There were 2 left in Gilbert, AZ. Was not tempted at all.

he called it "one of the hottest clubs on the planet right now" lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

I don't think he is wrong. It does not mean it is good. The noise around this thing is crazy..

What the heck does spec milled mean?? Isn't everything milled to some sort of spec??

He also says it was made by odyssey.. We know that is not right.

I don't think he is wrong. It does not mean it is good. The noise around this thing is crazy..

What the heck does spec milled mean?? Isn't everything milled to some sort of spec??
in this case I think it means speculative?

oh, it's definitely 'noise' haha

It first it makes me think of the flux insert. But but more like they looked at that and tried to make it terrible. That toe section, OMFG that is bad.
Made me think of a Ping a bit, where the milling narrows... but then why make it wide again, and then narrow again lol

Last edited:
Props to Shiels for openly saying that he couldn't imagine buying this over a perfectly good Odyssey that is a year or so out (and same price or cheaper).
I appreciate the idea that it's a decent putter - as it's genuinely hard to make a putter less than decent in a basic well known shape.
Gross he tried to pin the design on Odyssey considering what we've already seen on social.

It first it makes me think of the flux insert. But but more like they looked at that and tried to make it terrible. That toe section, OMFG that is bad.

Reminds me of these... I think it is going to wear terribly.

1590174114674.png

he called it "one of the hottest clubs on the planet right now" lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao
In fairness......is he wrong? I assume he is referring to the buzz of it. I'm seeing lots of social media posts on it.

In fairness......is he wrong? I assume he is referring to the buzz of it. I'm seeing lots of social media posts on it.
Yeah, it's just funny how it was worded. Could have gone in any direction about it, went with the flashy 50/50 ball haha

Just made me laugh.

Looks like stripes in different areas in the face. Buying for novelty? Collector's item? No thanks, no desire

I feel like the comedy around this thing is just getting worse. This is just for the weight kit!!

1590174904258.png

Recently sold putters. I guess one guy got a deal only paying $40 over retail. Why in gods green fairway would you pay $215 plus shipping for this!! Betinardi putters are $300. You are not far from that at this point.

1590174986720.png

So my buddy brought his KS-1 out to the course today and I got to put my grubby paws on it:

KS-1.jpg KS-2.jpg

KS-3.jpg KS-4.jpg

The milling on the face is definitely a little strange. Aesthetically, it's not a horrible looking putter overall - just another Anser clone, to my eyes. I rolled a few putts with it - the head definitely does feel light, which surprised me. One of the other guys I was playing with had a Scotty Newport 2, which is similar in size, and you could feel a huge difference in the head weight when you held them side by side. Feel off the face didn't surprise me either way - it wasn't objectionable, wasn't exceptional. I was leaving putts a little short, probably because of the lighter weight, especially compared to my mallet.

The grip, as he said the other day, does look to be installed a bit off-center - I don't know if it's the camera angle or what, but from this pic it looks like the face is a little open, but when you're standing over it at address, the face looks a little closed when you have the grip square. I honestly didn't pay attention to it until afterward when I was looking at this pic, but it looks like there may be a counterbalance at the top of the grip:

KS-5.jpg

All in all, it's a solid, middle of the road "meh" for me. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. Could I game it? Yeah, I'm sure I could - I'm not a blade guy, but I could probably adapt to it and do as well as I'd do with any other similar putter. I'm willing to bet that the weight kit would make it feel a lot better to me, but once you've spent that money you're up into the $180 range for the putter and weight kit. That's a pretty competitive market space and there are a lot of alternatives you could consider at that price point. It's definitely not on my ponder list, but if somebody gave it to me as a gift I wouldn't turn it down. I'd roll putts around the house and have fun with it, but it definitely wouldn't kick my SL Ten out of the bag as my gamer.

Last edited:
Skim alert, what is the putter a copy of? Obviously not Odyssey

Back