Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

Prove you wrong?
Easy, the golf glove would be the finger condom of the golf world. :)

You must be drunk because you are making zero sense. :cool: If putting a custom cover on your driver is like putting a custom condom on your tool, then putting covers on your irons is like wearing finger condoms while doing the same activity. Better? :p

You must be drunk because you are making zero sense. :cool: If putting a custom cover on your driver is like putting a custom condom on your tool, then putting covers on your irons is like wearing finger condoms while doing the same activity. Better? :p

Nope, still lost.
Why do you have a dong shaped driver? It must be this PXG?

This sounds like one of those SAT questions.
If Jimmy walked 12 miles to school uphill and a train was coming downhill and it took 49 minutes, how long would it take Jimmy to use iron covers on his new set?

BE19EF60-059B-4180-81B8-4CD205362E4A.jpeg

Last edited:
The funny thing is, I still don't think iron covers bother me, as long as it doesn't take someone forever to get a clubhead on them.

All that said, I think there could be BIG improvements on how they look, and companies could have a lot of fun with it.
^ All this. ^

I'm really ambivalent about iron covers. I don't use them, but they don't bother me either. One of the guys I play with regularly uses them - he's never lost one and it takes him no extra time to replace them after a shot. He must do it on the way to/from his bag (I really don't pay attention, to be honest), because I've never noticed him screwing with them or it being a problem. And in the seven years I've golfed with him, nobody else has ever said a word to him about them, so I guess it's not a big deal amongst our group.

Last edited:
Confession time.

I use iron covers with my new Cobra Speedzones and Cobra MIM wedges. My Captain may disown me :ROFLMAO: as I know his thoughts on them. But, I want to keep the clubs as nice as possible, for as long as possible.

I found a set that aren’t too generic and are intended mainly for travel, but have been using them the last couple rounds while the clubs are brand new. The covers I have are leather like and have an embroidered flag 4 leaf clover on them.

I will always hate iron covers as much as I hate ball retrievers

Custom ones might be worse... like putting nice rims on a PT Cruiser :ROFLMAO:

Nope, still lost.
Why do you have a dong shaped driver? It must be this PXG?

This sounds like one of those SAT questions.
If Jimmy walked 12 miles to school uphill and a train was coming downhill and it took 49 minutes, how long would it take Jimmy to use iron covers on his new set?

View attachment 8942538

LMAO. Who the hell names a dong shaped driver "Darkness"? :LOL:

Some people just need something to hate. That won't change.

I'm currently gaming these...

View attachment 8942445

I went back to Ireland (before lockdowns) in March and I was going out for a round with my cousin who plays a lot. I saw him pull his bag out with them on and I nearly packed up and flew back to Canada immediately:ROFLMAO: .

In all seriousness, I don't care if people use them. I don't understand the hate for them. Personally I don't use them (mostly because people hate on them so much and I would most likely lose them) but I can see people using them to protect their investment and / or just to quieten down bag chatter, especially when you are carrying the bag on your shoulder. it's your bag, your clubs and your money do as you want with both of them. (y)

Kind of live and let live on this topic - I only use them when traveling and take them off when I arriive at my destinatiion

Just adds unnecessary weight to bag and my irons don't tend to ding.

The funny thing is, I still don't think iron covers bother me, as long as it doesn't take someone forever to get a clubhead on them.

All that said, I think there could be BIG improvements on how they look, and companies could have a lot of fun with it.

This reflects my sentiment. I mostly don’t want the hassle of taking a cover off of an iron head. I don’t mind the bag chatter on irons and wedges. They are striking down through the dirt anyway, which is different than putters and woods.

I use covers but I can't argue if they help or not. I found covers out of Hong Kong that look like a mfg made cover for my irons and they fit perfectly and don't fall off. Not sure I need them or if they really help but they match my bag and brand.

Sure, I could hate them less but I could hate them more too. I think that iron covers have such a stigma that nothing is going to save them. If someone wants to use them though, hey, what do I care?

I've used them before (and would again), so I guess I can't comment.

Ogio's silencer bag helps me not look like a total loser. Ha!

It has kind of become sport to make fun of iron covers. Think about all the other goofy and ridiculous things that golfers geek out about. I have no doubt that if someone created appealing options that were either branded or had designs, people would start buying them.

Last edited:
Back