Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Monday morning bump just because I want to talk about this event. I'm eagerly awaiting my demo shaft. I'm curious if I'll need to bring my current shaft in addition to the demo shaft on this trip. I'm really looking forward to finding out what the process will be once we get to Project X's HQ. Will we roll the new shaft based solely on test shaft experience? Will we only roll one shaft or will it be iterative? Will we get on some kind of launch monitor to fine tune it? I'm sure the end result is going to be awesome regardless. I'm just hungry for info this morning :)

Ha! I can't stop telling people about this event, even non-golfers. I would imagine that we will have one shaft rolled. I don't know for sure but I picture it being a time consuming process. I don't have a hard time imagining myself all "yeah fellas, almost but not quite. Go roll and bake me another and make it snappy! I'll be timing you." What I was curious about is can we keep the demo shaft? If it's based on the info we provided it might make for a nice back-up.

What I was curious about is can we keep the demo shaft? If it's based on the info we provided it might make for a nice back-up.

We will let everybody know in due time.

Ha! I can't stop telling people about this event, even non-golfers. I would imagine that we will have one shaft rolled. I don't know for sure but I picture it being a time consuming process. I don't have a hard time imagining myself all "yeah fellas, almost but not quite. Go roll and bake me another and make it snappy! I'll be timing you." What I was curious about is can we keep the demo shaft? If it's based on the info we provided it might make for a nice back-up.

You may not have seen these, but they're super informative.

[video=youtube;Nt-oU2BT-IA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-oU2BT-IA[/video]

I had not seen the first two videos. I have a Project X LZ in my hybrid and was wondering how that wave section was put there.

Now I can picture myself telling the craftsmen their business. Yeah I think we're gonna need to add some more material to the tip section. I'm thinking 8.7 flex with a high kick-point. I need help bringing my ball flight down. I don't care what the launch monitor says!

This event is going to be awesome! Plan on booking my flight this week. Had another solid day with the driver (8/12 fairways hit). Other than one terrible round with the driver the last 2 weeks I've been swinging it pretty well. Really looking forward to getting the baseline shaft and starting off this experience!

I'm really getting excited for this, as its just a bit down the road calendar wise. I need to start putting some more thought into my design. I need to spend some time watching the shaft videos here on THP over again too! Want to have all that knowledge fresh in my head when the test shaft arrives.

Just caught up on the last couple pages here, which I didn't see last week as I was on vacation at the corner of no and where. Stoked to hear the test shaft is coming soon, can't wait to get it in there to compare to the Velox and the 913D2 with Rogue Silver. Plan on trimming to the same length as those two shafts (which I believe is 45", but I can't recall). My flights have been booked for a few weeks already, and I'm ready to rock! Been hitting driver more than I should lately because of the excitement! :golf::bomb:

Love that yellow

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I played a round last Sunday and missed one fairway so I'm feeling good about the driver. One 490 yard par five my second shot was 160 yards. Irons were okay but my short game has fallen off the map. I was one under through five holes and then my chipping shanks came back. I shanked every chip from holes 6-17 and shot a 95. Was very humiliating.

Thankfully Project X isn't interested in my chips. :)

I'm definitely leaning towards a graphic similar to the Fujikura Pro 63 TS. White with a large black logo that becomes black at the tip. Being a dork I think it would be cool to say "prototype" somewhere and the shaft specs printed as well.

https://instagram.com/p/5F7MysnpWx/

I'm liking the yellow base on these. Thinking I could make that work for how I may want to do my design.

Those are sweet. If my primary driver was black I would be all in. Don't think it would look good with a dark blue 815 though. I bet it would look awesome in your XR though.

I just got a new 100mm macro lens I'm bringing solely for taking pics around the Project X HQ.

I just got a new 100mm macro lens I'm bringing solely for taking pics around the Project X HQ.

I think you are going to want to reconsider it for a couple of reasons.
1. There are a lot of things they are going to ask you not to shoot.
2. It is very dusty throughout and you guys are going to be very busy.

THP staff will be on hand to shoot anything you would like us to without question.

I think you are going to want to reconsider it for a couple of reasons.
1. There are a lot of things they are going to ask you not to shoot.
2. It is very dusty throughout and you guys are going to be very busy.

THP staff will be on hand to shoot anything you would like us to without question.

I'm a bit of a photography nerd and of course wouldn't take pics of anything they don't want showed. All of my stuff is semi-pro and weather sealed. I can definitely not bring it if you think I shouldn't. I was planning on carrying my bag around with me to our evening meals and around town. I also thought the wide angle would do some awesome pics at the golf courses. It's completely up to you.

I'm a bit of a photography nerd and of course wouldn't take pics of anything they don't want showed. All of my stuff is semi-pro and weather sealed. I can definitely not bring it if you think I shouldn't. I was planning on carrying my bag around with me to our evening meals and around town. I also thought the wide angle would do some awesome pics at the golf courses. It's completely up to you.

Hey, even if you can't bring it to HQ, it will definitely be awesome for course photos!

I am planning on playing a TON in the next month, I need my driver swing to be on point for this event!

Hey, even if you can't bring it to HQ, it will definitely be awesome for course photos!

I am planning on playing a TON in the next month, I need my driver swing to be on point for this event!

I'm definitely bringing my good camera. I have two travel bags. One that I can bring about 3 lenses and one I can bring about 5. I may just bring the smaller one for travel sake.

Sample with new lens:

Last edited:
Flight booked!

Ready to go:

I am getting so stoked. Flights are booked, hotels are reserved, and Torrey tee times are booked. All that remains is to get that shaft and start testing!

JB said we would have it a least a month out so that means it should here arriving within the next week I would expect.

Just looked at my calendar -
I can hit golf balls every day but 5 between now and the event. And three of those days are this week - so no shaft, no problem!!
I hope to have some good feedback between now and SD!!

IMG_20150715_145633.jpg

Just dropped in the lab.

That's exciting!

Bam! That's awesome!

Back