Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Guys if you don't have tapatalk, please consider downloading it. There is going to be an epic live update thread at this event.
Can't wait to follow along as they each create their own!

Flights booked for me (and upgraded with miles which is nice).
Fly in Sunday, fly out Saturday morning.

Getting closer everybody. I spoke with PX yesterday and they are putting your shafts together. You will have them about a month out from the event to start your evaluating process. When you receive the shaft, you can have it (or do it yourself) cut to the length you prefer and put any grip on it you like. From there, please test it out and take notes. We will have a thread for you to document what you are seeing and feeling and we hope you use it at a minimum of once a week.

This will keep everybody in tune with what is going on and we can answer questions accordingly.

Awesome. Only a couple weeks until the testing begins. I have the perfect grip for it all picked out already.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very exciting JB! Are the test shafts identical for all of us or are they based off of what shaft we are playing now? And this may have been answered already I just can't remember, it will come tipped to fit the Driver we reported to GG?

I plan to play at least 3 times a week with the test shaft so will be posting feedback off of each round. I'll also have it in play at the Savannah Invitational so that will be cool for everyone there to see. Really looking forward to this whole process and thankful to be a part of it.

It's%2BGo%2BTime.jpg

Very exciting JB! Are the test shafts identical for all of us or are they based off of what shaft we are playing now? And this may have been answered already I just can't remember, it will come tipped to fit the Driver we reported to GG?

I plan to play at least 3 times a week with the test shaft so will be posting feedback off of each round. I'll also have it in play at the Savannah Invitational so that will be cool for everyone there to see. Really looking forward to this whole process and thankful to be a part of it.

Honest answer is I have no clue. My gut tells me its a solid baseline shaft that is a prototype. Flex and weight will probably come from their thoughts as to what you are playing now.

I have a feeling I'll be swapping it out back and forth between my Rogue Silver, Tour Green, and the prototype. That's the only way I know of that I can really describe the differences. I can't wait to roll my own. I really want to leave SD nicknaming my driver the boom stick.

JB, so it will not come with a grip, but will come with the right tip for our driver?

JB, so it will not come with a grip, but will come with the right tip for our driver?

That is correct. This way you can decide what length you want to play it at.

Nice - I will be working nights for the weeks leading up to the event, so I will have lots of time on the range with the test shaft, and will compare to the shafts that I am currently using.
Thanks!

This is getting pretty exciting the closer it gets. I can't wait to see the test shaft. I'm going to walk up and down the range loudly talking about how I was chosen to test prototype shafts for Project X. Maybe sell autographs while I'm at it.

I'm also getting nervous about the fitting and went to the range to work on my swing a bit especially with the driver. I'd hate to show up with my X-Flex Fubuki and the guys at Project X start laughing. All I can say is that the DBD is still a bomber. It's going to take something special to get her out of the bag. Especially with a custom fit, one of a kind shaft.

August can't get here soon enough.

As a 7 handicap, the swing is repeatable, so there is no reason to worry about anything other than that.

Nice - I will be working nights for the weeks leading up to the event, so I will have lots of time on the range with the test shaft, and will compare to the shafts that I am currently using.
Thanks!

Have you decided which head you are going to use?

As a 7 handicap, the swing is repeatable, so there is no reason to worry about anything other than that.

For the most part it holds up pretty well but I'm pretty fragile mentally. After a ten year plus layoff from the game (and now two years back) I feel like I haven't put myself outside my comfort zone. Familiar courses, golfing with the same friends, hitting range balls at a specific stall. I even like my shadow in a certain spot if that gives you an idea how weird it can get.

That said I know it's gonna be great and everyone here seems so cool so I bet I'll relax in no time!

For the most part it holds up pretty well but I'm pretty fragile mentally. After a ten year plus layoff from the game (and now two years back) I feel like I haven't put myself outside my comfort zone. Familiar courses, golfing with the same friends, hitting range balls at a specific stall. I even like my shadow in a certain spot if that gives you an idea how weird it can get.

That said I know it's gonna be great and everyone here seems so cool so I bet I'll relax in no time!

Dont worry I hate seeing my shadow when I swing also, just does something to. There will be so much information and awesomeness around us you wont have time to be nervous.

Id bet good money it will not be your last THP Event...That should tell you all you need to know. :D

Last edited:
I think I am going to go with the UTx for my grip on this.

MCC Plus 4 for me. 2 wraps :) Not that I'm particular or anything.

Here's my lonely XR Pro just waiting for the demo shaft to arrive.

I'm going to go with the same specs as my current shaft (Project X LZ). 45.5" with a golf pride tour velvet grip.

When measuring is it with or without the clubhead on the shafts?

Back