Cross your fingers please...

That's awesome. Congrats my friend.

Congrats on passing the test buddy and have fun out there on the full courses in your area. Here's a question for you though, what if I came to your city on vacation and wanted to golf while I was there? Would I have to pass some kind of test before I could go out and play?
Thank you. As far as i know on the course i play you have to proof that you have a handicap of 36 or lower to be able to play in the 18 hole course.
I am really looking forward to my first 18 hole round.

Congrats! Hope you take a few pictures from a full round, I'd like to see one of the courses there.
Yeah no problem. As soon as i can i will post some pictures of the swiss golf courses nearby.

Thank you. As far as i know on the course i play you have to proof that you have a handicap of 36 or lower to be able to play in the 18 hole course.
I am really looking forward to my first 18 hole round.

So, if a visitor from the US came over with his USGA handicap card, would that be enough proof?

So, if a visitor from the US came over with his USGA handicap card, would that be enough proof?
Yes i am pretty sure that it would be proof enough.

Thank you very much guys. I passed the test. i shot 5 Bogeys and a triple bogey. Im looking forward finally beeing able to play on the longer courses.

Wow dude that's awesome congrats I think we all enjoy something more when we worked for it!! have a good time on your real courses now!!

Congrats and get out there!

I guess I should clarify a few things about these systems. This kind of system is used in both Germany and Switzerland. If you pass the test in Germany you have a handicap of 54 and if you do in Switzerland it is 36. The problem with this is that if you passed the test in Germany and want to play in Switzerland you can't play the 18 hole courses because they require the 36 handicap.
I had this problem and I had to play a 9 hole tournament which got my handicap down to 33. On the other hand most courses have a 18 hole and a 9 hole course. They also offer courses to prepare for the test which last typically about 4 weeks. And during those 4 weeks at some point you are allowed to play the 9 hole course.
So you see it is not like you can't play at all if you didn't pass the test. And there is always the opportunity to take lessons and practice.

Congrats!

Congrats on passing the test!

Cool...now get us some pics of the course, and maybe a VHOTD....:D
I hope i can play a round this week and i will take some pictures. As soon as i got a better cam i will post some videos and try to speak some english you guys can understand;)

Thank you very much guys. I passed the test. i shot 5 Bogeys and a triple bogey. Im looking forward finally beeing able to play on the longer courses.

Congratulations! Don't get discouraged by those "blow up" holes.

Congratulations! Are there special 6 hole courses there whose purpose is only for this testing or do they designate specific holes for the testing at an 18 hole course?

Congratulations! Are there special 6 hole courses there whose purpose is only for this testing or do they designate specific holes for the testing at an 18 hole course?
Those were special holes. Its a 6 hole par 3 only course for practice. There you can practice for passing the test.

Congrats!

I'm late coming back in (as usual lately), but congrats on passing the test.

congrats as well

Back