Cure Putters Review Thread

Reach out to Cure, they will either hook you up or sell those cheaply.
Their CS is incredible, Grant, Jeff and John rock!!!

11110197_842253549161027_6074842797573785739_o.jpg

Just posted a new thread in the Events forum announcing Cure Putters 1st Pro Am at Casa de Campo - Nov 11-15th.

It's going to be an incredible event - Hope some THPers can join us!

Check out the event thread for full details.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Pro-Am-at-Casa-de-Campo&p=3926007#post3926007

took the Cure to the practice green last night at 411g. Felt too heavy once again for the most part. Decent speed control for mid range to short putts, but had no touch on long putts. Went home and adjusted the lie angle a tad more flat and it felt better. Put it down to around 400 with the lie angle a little down and the stroke felt much smoother and more controlled and was making putt after putt on the putting mat I have. I'm starting to think the grip I put on is throwing off the balance I liked at the Cure event. Put on a SuperStroke Flatso 1.0, which is 85g, and it hasn't been the same since.

took the Cure to the practice green last night at 411g. Felt too heavy once again for the most part. Decent speed control for mid range to short putts, but had no touch on long putts. Went home and adjusted the lie angle a tad more flat and it felt better. Put it down to around 400 with the lie angle a little down and the stroke felt much smoother and more controlled and was making putt after putt on the putting mat I have. I'm starting to think the grip I put on is throwing off the balance I liked at the Cure event. Put on a SuperStroke Flatso 1.0, which is 85g, and it hasn't been the same since.

Have the slim 1.0 on mine and haven't wanted to change to 2.0 for this reason.

Have the slim 1.0 on mine and haven't wanted to change to 2.0 for this reason.

Yea, something just feels off and I think it's been hard to find the right balance again for me. The stock grip with the head at 424 felt great at the event on fast greens. Now I have a heavier grip and I haven't been able to find the right balance of head weight for it. Plus now I'm back to playing on slowwwww greens and it's harder to get the speed right with the heavier putter head in general for me. Going to keep at it to try and find those magic numbers though.

Yea, something just feels off and I think it's been hard to find the right balance again for me. The stock grip with the head at 424 felt great at the event on fast greens. Now I have a heavier grip and I haven't been able to find the right balance of head weight for it. Plus now I'm back to playing on slowwwww greens and it's harder to get the speed right with the heavier putter head in general for me. Going to keep at it to try and find those magic numbers though.

Good luck finding the combo. Hopefully you don't give up on the putter.

Good luck finding the combo. Hopefully you don't give up on the putter.

I don't give up on things very easily haha. especially with sports or anything like this. And double especially when I've already seen good results with it

I don't give up on things very easily haha. especially with sports or anything like this. And double especially when I've already seen good results with it

Now were talking. I say go back to the same grip you had at the event. This way you are back where started and then start playing with weight combos to find the right feel

Finally got out with it today. Rolled it pretty good considering
A) it was my first time out with it
B) it was my first round ever putting lefty

I ended up with 3 3-putts, 2 1-putts, and the rest 2 putts.

On one of the 3 putts, I just couldn't get the read on the first putt. After I holed out, I tried it again on a little better line and it still broke the opposite way I expected. All in all, a pretty good outing in my book!!!

15 putts tonight on 9 with the RX2 tour. Felt so much better tonight than the past couple times out. Barely missed a couple others that could have dropped as well, so I was rolling confidently the whole time. I did have 1 3 putt, but that was because I was about 45-50 feet away and thought I killed the first putt but it came up 15 feet short...whoops. Still very solid day putting.

15 putts tonight on 9 with the RX2 tour. Felt so much better tonight than the past couple times out. Barely missed a couple others that could have dropped as well, so I was rolling confidently the whole time. I did have 1 3 putt, but that was because I was about 45-50 feet away and thought I killed the first putt but it came up 15 feet short...whoops. Still very solid day putting.

Thats good news.

Man, if there's one big thing these putters have taught me, it's that I suck at reading greens. I've never hit my intended line so often, and so often I'm a little off on my read. Hopefully it will lead to me learning how to read greens a little better now that I know where the ball is actually going.

Man, if there's one big thing these putters have taught me, it's that I suck at reading greens. I've never hit my intended line so often, and so often I'm a little off on my read. Hopefully it will lead to me learning how to read greens a little better now that I know where the ball is actually going.

Actually a lot of merit to this comment. I've noticed that with the cure the ball went exactly where I was aiming. No if's and or butts to it. I also had the same thing in that my lines were off. This putter is literally point-and-shoot you point in one direction and it will go that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tolled this well again today for most part. Had numerous balls roll over the edge and not fall

Great feedback! We often describe he putter as "designed to take variables out of the putting equation" - Higher MOI = more stable, consistent stroke and huge increase in forgiveness. Adjustable weighting lets you find your ideal combo to suit your stroke and Lie adjustability helps you set up more consistently at address. Overall you get more consistent results every time you roll a putt. This in turn can help you become a better at reading greens because you now have less variables effecting speed and direction control.

Watching the Milk Man (THPer) roll this thing at the THP Invitational in Savannah was awesome. Guy has a killer short game.

Watching the Milk Man (THPer) roll this thing at the THP Invitational in Savannah was awesome. Guy has a killer short game.

Which is extra impressive seeing how long he is off the tee too. Great game all around. Glad he's getting along well with the cure!

30 putts today with the RX2 tour. Putting so solidly with it right now. Drained a 20 foot left to right breaking putt for par on the 18th. Had a 40-50 some foot putt on one hole and almost walked it in. Ended right on the lip of the hole. Heartbreaking but gave me a lot of confidence moving through the remainder of the round.

30 putts today with the RX2 tour. Putting so solidly with it right now. Drained a 20 foot left to right breaking putt for par on the 18th. Had a 40-50 some foot putt on one hole and almost walked it in. Ended right on the lip of the hole. Heartbreaking but gave me a lot of confidence moving through the remainder of the round.

Awesome! Glad you got it dialed back in with the right weight and lie.

Cure Putters Review Thread

I'm looking forward to spending some time w this putter and a few Allen wrenches. I really need to get some putting dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may or may not have stolen an RXi from someone and will put it through some paces.

Back