Cure Putters Review Thread

Yeah man! Unbelievable!!! I've been desperate to try one of these as my putting is truly abysmal!!! (I just hope I haven't jumped the gun and there were 2 Mark Curtis's that entered LOL)

Yeah man! Unbelievable!!! I've been desperate to try one of these as my putting is truly abysmal!!! (I just hope I haven't jumped the gun and there were 2 Mark Curtis's that entered LOL)

Congratulations Mark!
Don't worry, we double checked all the names and you are the BIG WINNER!

Congrats Mark! Can't wait to hear your thoughts

Spent over an hour on the putting green today at my home course putting in wind with gusts that were moving the ball before I even hit it.

I played 2 rounds of gold (9 holes each X 2 balls at a time) each "hole" was 15+ ft to start with par being 2 on each. I went +4 (76) for the total (par = 72), which I felt pretty good about with a new putter and really strong wind. My PB with this game is +1 (73) for 18 holes (using 2 balls) with a putter that had been in the bag for 2+ seasons!

I was putting with the counterweight (50g) in the grip to try it out and felt it worked decently, but putt better without it in there. I was leaving most longer putts within 2-3ft, with at least 1/2 dozen lip outs.

The consistency of distance is getting better, except for putting up a ridge where I kept leaving it short in fear of crushing it past the hole. I'm still dialing in the aiming of the putter as well, trying to properly square the face to the target, which is going "ok" but needs work.

I'm hopefully heading out again tomorrow (with less wind) for another session. I'll leave the counterweight out completely for this session and play a couple rounds again.

i got some putting practice with my new CX2 yesterday also 2 rounds with it this past weekend.

initial thoughts

the looks you think at first it looks big but after a couple days i picked up a traditional putter and it looks way to small i have lots of confidence with the cure looks.

as far as putting with it i pulled 2 weights to lighten it up a bit the MOI only goes down 400. i was feeling that it was too heavy and on the change of direction in the back swing it was lagging and had trouble closing the face.

on pace there will be an adjustment this past weekend you will have a tendency to leave puts short because you think the weight is going to smash the ball and it will go farther then you think. this only lasted an hour or so for me and i dialed in the distances. lag putting became a strength with this putter.

as far as direction i did some tests and i can hit a putt off the heal and toe with no change in direction MOI is real and it helps with confidence. One tip i learned from grant and jeff this weekend was your stroke needs to be at a 2-1 ratio meaning your if your backswing is 2 seconds your follow through needs to be 1 second.

we will see how it continues but the CX2 has had a hot start for me so far with no adjustment period.

as far as putting with it i pulled 2 weights to lighten it up a bit the MOI only goes down from 400 moi. i was feeling that it was too heavy and on the change of direction in the back swing it was lagging and had trouble closing the face.

I tried to remove a set of weights Sunday morning and I felt the difference right away, It felt better for me with all the weights. I might even try to add some lead tape to it.

my father in law came by my house yesterday to change the grips on his clubs, and I showed him the CX1, he liked to look and tried it on the putting mat in the basement. he really liked what he saw too, he didn't make any comment on the size, but he said he liked how heavy it feels. I think he left pondering one of those.

The CX2 has cemented its place in the primary bag. One of the big things it has helped with is getting the ball rolling on my intended line. I've found I have many fewer pushes or pulls at impact. If I go a week without playing (which happened last week), my speed control is iffy for a few holes, but it does come back.

As others have said, it is large, at first, but I became comfortable with the size relatively quickly, where as that never happened, for me, with the RX line. Just speculating that the slightly more traditional shape may have something to do with that.

Someday, somehow, I'll get to try the new ones. I'm legitimately curious.

I tried to remove a set of weights Sunday morning and I felt the difference right away, It felt better for me with all the weights. I might even try to add some lead tape to it.

my father in law came by my house yesterday to change the grips on his clubs, and I showed him the CX1, he liked to look and tried it on the putting mat in the basement. he really liked what he saw too, he didn't make any comment on the size, but he said he liked how heavy it feels. I think he left pondering one of those.

I was quite surprised with the fact that I didn't need more time to adjust to the size. When I got home I compared it to my Ping Anser 2, and the difference isn't nearly what I thought it'd be.

Really looking forward to getting this out tomorrow on a putting green. I ended up taking two weights out of my CX1. For Saturday's round I had taken a set out, and for Sunday's round I had put the weights back in. I can tell a difference with two out, and it is about the same weight as the mxm7 I used to play. Putted a bit at home on a mat, and still unsure about the grip. While it's a great grip, I think I'd prefer something a little thicker. Thinking about a superstroke gt tour or flatso countercore. Overall though it's definitely in my bag to stay. I'll update some more thoughts once I get a little more time with it.

Ok so my putting this weekend was what I will call iffy at best so it was a good test of the CX1. I can tell you I am happy with what I saw with the stroke I was putting on the ball. The CX1 just seemed to roll better than anything else right off the face even on a poor stroke. What I mean by that is there was less skipping and it just wanted to roll right away. When I got the putter I started out with all of the weights but I felt it was a little heavy so for Saturday's round I removed 2 weights and rolled it decent. I thought I would try going even lighter and make it the same weight as my old putter and remove two more weights. I rolled it that way for the round on Sunday and it was ok but I will be adding those two weights back before I get back on the course tomorrow. I know some people, including me, were worried about the size but after a short time on the practice green it's a non issue and looks great at address.

Also want to add that I rolled the RX3 a bit and it really impressed me. The sound is greatly improved over last year. I thought the shape aligned well with the ball and it put a great roll on the ball. This is a putter I'm seriously considering adding to the rotation.

RX2 - Still money.

Drained a 72' putt, left to right side hill yesterday at Cholla during the Gauntlet prep (I paced it off before I hit it). Rolled in a couple other long ones. 31 putts for me, which is close to my best ever.

Yeah, it is a keeper.

Cool video from the cure manufacturing partner!

I used one of these putters before and they are super sweet. You can adjust them how you want and for what feels right!!!

Cool video from the cure manufacturing partner!

This is 15 min away from me, and great to see. Jeff from CURE invited me (and anyone else on THP) to stop by there to check it out. Hopefully I can do that in the next week or 2 with my son and get some pics/info to share in here.

Playing my first nine holes tonight with the Cure in the bag since the GetCured event. I will be updating this with my thoughts and I am excited to see how it performs on a course where I know the greens quite well.

Playing my first nine holes tonight with the Cure in the bag since the GetCured event. I will be updating this with my thoughts and I am excited to see how it performs on a course where I know the greens quite well.

Tonight I will be rolling my CX1 in my league. Really looking forward to it

This is 15 min away from me, and great to see. Jeff from CURE invited me (and anyone else on THP) to stop by there to check it out. Hopefully I can do that in the next week or 2 with my son and get some pics/info to share in here.

I'm hoping to get up there next time I'm in mass. Where is the warehouse?

The CX1 was money today. I had six one putts. I've never felt this confident putting...ever

That thing is awesome!!!

More to come later

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Played nine after work today and the putter felt great. I made some nice clutch putts from outside 5 feet and anything inside 5 feet seems so much easier to make.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back