Cure Putters Review Thread

Weighted it up more last night. Rolled it with 488g. It might be a little heavy but waiting to get it on a real surface tomorrow before league. I really like that I can adjust the lie at any time. I spent a lot of time last night setting the lie to where it feels most comfortable. Now to get the triangle down without having to think about it. Just like Jeff said, "Point and shoot!"

Weighted it up more last night. Rolled it with 488g. It might be a little heavy but waiting to get it on a real surface tomorrow before league. I really like that I can adjust the lie at any time. I spent a lot of time last night setting the lie to where it feels most comfortable. Now to get the triangle down without having to think about it. Just like Jeff said, "Point and shoot!"
I couldn't agree more buddy, it seems so simple once they show you, it's just a matter of putting it into play more!
Tri_Align_01e17650-1524-40f5-8e21-63259bea057f_medium.png

I couldn't agree more buddy, it seems so simple once they show you, it's just a matter of putting it into play more!

Definitely! Started trying to really visualize it yesterday and it sure seems to work.

Definitely! Started trying to really visualize it yesterday and it sure seems to work.

Love the updates Guys - Keep us posted as you get more time with your putters and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions along the way.

We believe the Triangulation Alignment system is the most accurate aiming method available. By visualizing the triangle, it engages both eyes and reduces the negative effects of your dominant eye - something that effects us all. For some there will be a little adjustment period - first, learning to see the triangle naturally without overthinking it, and second, many have conditioned themselves to aim wrong to make putts ex: if you have 4º loft on your putter and set up with the toe up, you are going to pull the ball left, so you learn to compensate by aiming slightly right. With our lower loft and adjustable lie angle this variable is no longer in the equation, however you may have to get used to the ball rolling where you are actually aimed and adjust accordingly.

FYI: The Triangulation Alignment was invented by the legendary Deane Beman, Former Commissioner of the PGA tour. Mr. Beman is an equity partner and collaborates with our R&D dept. on all putter designs.

I had mine in play last night at league and I got a lot of funny looks but defiantly a lot of questions. I explained it as best I could but nothing would compare to Jeff explaining the science. I got there early to test out the new weight and I love it! I totally agree with Icey and PhillyV about the takeaway. It is much more stable and I feel more confident in my stroke on the shorter putts. None of the guys in my league were there early to try it out so the first chance they had was on 1 green. I got up to my putt and drained it from 15'. The guys in my group were like WTF was that sound? One of them even said "Hey, did you go grab one of those aluminum baseball batts we had for the kids clinic today before you left?" They were all laughing at me until they tried it. They all liked the wighting and adjustability but they could not get past the sound. I personally love the sound but to each their own I guess! I am hoping to get out tomorrow with the Mrs. and roll a few more.

Had the RX2 tour out for some practice last night at the following combination:

44f4c1890ceb01d5398dbcddd0931f59.jpg

Puts it at 411g and an MOI of 10,400. Felt great even though the putting green was very slow after some heavy rain came through the past couple days. I keep trying to put more weight on, but as stable as it feels, I never feel like I am taking it away correctly and it just messes with my head. Anywhere from 400-430 seems pretty good for now and I could probably play any of the weight combos in that range. It really does feel like a tipping point around 440g where it just starts to feel to heavy for me, and the highest I've felt any what comfortable with is the single 1/4" stainless steel weight which puts it to 434g.

As for the putting itself, I hit 8/10 right off the bat with 5 straight 5 footers and 3/5 10 footers with a slight left to right break from where I set up. The two I missed were just poor strokes honestly, and both ended about 6" from the hole which was the speed I was trying to put on them.

It does look/sound different, but you can't fight results. The putter just gets it done. Can't wait to get some more time in to dial my weights in further. I feel like I'm getting close to getting that perfect combo.

Had the RX2 tour out for some practice last night at the following combination:

44f4c1890ceb01d5398dbcddd0931f59.jpg

Puts it at 411g and an MOI of 10,400. Felt great even though the putting green was very slow after some heavy rain came through the past couple days. I keep trying to put more weight on, but as stable as it feels, I never feel like I am taking it away correctly and it just messes with my head. Anywhere from 400-430 seems pretty good for now and I could probably play any of the weight combos in that range. It really does feel like a tipping point around 440g where it just starts to feel to heavy for me, and the highest I've felt any what comfortable with is the single 1/4" stainless steel weight which puts it to 434g.

As for the putting itself, I hit 8/10 right off the bat with 5 straight 5 footers and 3/5 10 footers with a slight left to right break from where I set up. The two I missed were just poor strokes honestly, and both ended about 6" from the hole which was the speed I was trying to put on them.

It does look/sound different, but you can't fight results. The putter just gets it done. Can't wait to get some more time in to dial my weights in further. I feel like I'm getting close to getting that perfect combo.
I dropped it down last night, I think I need to notch it up a bit, but maybe just a hair, it's great trying to find that right combo!

I'm going to mess with the lie as well.

Had my RX3 in play last night and I continue to like how it rolled. The greens last night were not in Longaberger condition and much slower. Took me a few holes to adapt, but I continue to be impressed.

Cure Putters Review Thread

Increased the weight on my RX3 today. I put the 1/4" aluminum and 1/4" stainless steel weights in. I don't know what I was so scared of upping the weight. Man did this feel so much better!! smoothed out my stroke quite substantially!

I thought I was "automatic" from within 6ft before....now I felt like I could close my eyes and still make it!

I didn't want to leave the practice green tonight. Excited to get out this weekend and put this into play at this weight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlight of my league play tonight was rolling in a 25ish footer for birdie on my second hole! Rolled the ball really well tonight with the rxi.

I went to my local Golf Galaxy to get some club work done and to have the Super Stroke 1.0 put on my RXi. When I handed the guy my putter he took the headcover off and the look on his face was great lol he had no clue what he was looking at. After a few strokes with it he said "man this feels smooth" and then I explained about Cure as a company and the event we just had at Longaberger. The guy was really intrigued

Im really digging the RXi exactly like you have it set Philly. It felt so good when I got to try it.

I put all the weight on the RX2 today...wow is that thing heavy...I think I will take some weight off for tomorrow's round. It was very smooth with the weight but it felt like I was swinging a sledgehammer...the tinkering continues

I put all the weight on the RX2 today...wow is that thing heavy...I think I will take some weight off for tomorrow's round. It was very smooth with the weight but it felt like I was swinging a sledgehammer...the tinkering continues

Max weight on the RX2 is 512g - that's too heavy for most of us... We recommend using as much weight as you can get comfortable with because your MOI increases with weight, but there is a point of demising returns on weight once you start to lose feel. Everyone is going to have an ideal weight somewhere in the range of possibilities. It may take a little tinkering to find the best weighting for you. Try starting somewhere in the middle with a weight you are comfortable with and add weight until it starts to feel too heavy, then putt with it at that weight for 5 min or so and then see if you get comfortable with it or need to dial it back.

Thanks

Max weight on the RX2 is 512g - that's too heavy for most of us... We recommend using as much weight as you can get comfortable with because your MOI increases with weight, but there is a point of demising returns on weight once you start to lose feel. Everyone is going to have an ideal weight somewhere in the range of possibilities. It may take a little tinkering to find the best weighting for you. Try starting somewhere in the middle with a weight you are comfortable with and add weight until it starts to feel too heavy, then putt with it at that weight for 5 min or so and then see if you get comfortable with it or need to dial it back.

Thanks
Yea I think I just wanted to see what it was like maxed out...obsiously right now that is too heavy for me

Robman's RX2 is looking very patriotic today... Happy 4th of July Everyone!

11696282_828229323896783_8955826176111069298_o.jpg

Go for it Rob!

My brother will experience the Cure effect today when he gets the chance to roll mine...he's kind of a traditionalist, so we shall see what his impressions are

Went out yesterday with my RX2 set to 452g. Putted pretty well really. My total end number wasn't amazing, but I hit a lot more greens in regulation than usual, which usually tends to up my putts. So I was really happy with my total number. It was the first time out with the Garsen on there too and it was a great combination. My confidence with this thing is pretty high, which is great for me.

My one struggle, however, was leaving putts short. I had a ton of gimmies, which was awesome, but many of them were short of the hole. It just seemed tough for me to get it there, and I had I think 2 or 3 where I left it really short. Any trend with these where that might mean I want to add or remove weight? Or just need more practice with it where I have it set? The 452 felt pretty comfortable with my putting stroke, ball just seems to come off the face a little soft almost.

Went out yesterday with my RX2 set to 452g. Putted pretty well really. My total end number wasn't amazing, but I hit a lot more greens in regulation than usual, which usually tends to up my putts. So I was really happy with my total number. It was the first time out with the Garsen on there too and it was a great combination. My confidence with this thing is pretty high, which is great for me.

My one struggle, however, was leaving putts short. I had a ton of gimmies, which was awesome, but many of them were short of the hole. It just seemed tough for me to get it there, and I had I think 2 or 3 where I left it really short. Any trend with these where that might mean I want to add or remove weight? Or just need more practice with it where I have it set? The 452 felt pretty comfortable with my putting stroke, ball just seems to come off the face a little soft almost.
I was coming up quite a bit short on putts as well, dropped the weight down a bit, but actually just went back up again, I can't find the perfect weight yet, but I think the pace is more me than the putter!

Back