Well there really aren't many things that can weaken Superman. In Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, Batman was able to defeat Superman due to a couple of factors: first, a nuclear blast had previously weakened Superman; second, the nuclear winter compromised Superman's abilities since sunlight was less abundant; third, he had Green Arrow shoot him with a kryptonite arrow. It's only the arrow that allows Batman to finish the beat-down though.

Doubt we'll see Green Arrow in this movie, but I bet Lex Luthor has kryptonite figured out and we'll see it. Can't see DC moving away from comic book canon in regards to this but we'll see.
Also, in DKR, Batman intentionally loses the fight by faking his own death. Batman beat Superman down, but also lost on purpose.
So the kryptonite is figured out in the beginning of the movie? If not, even in the first Batben shouldn't survive.

Like I said I'm going to the movie, special fx look sweet. But need some shred of reality that superman gives batman a good beating
In the comicbooks, Superman never really goes all out when fighting Bats because he knows he could kill him in an instant. I have no idea, but with Bruce Wayne admitting that he's getting too old, he may be trying to get Superman to kill him so Earth turns on Superman. That's just a guess.

Also, in DKR, Batman intentionally loses the fight by faking his own death. Batman beat Superman down, but also lost on purpose.

In the comicbooks, Superman never really goes all out when fighting Bats because he knows he could kill him in an instant. I have no idea, but with Bruce Wayne admitting that he's getting too old, he may be trying to get Superman to kill him so Earth turns on Superman. That's just a guess.

I just want to see how this unfolds and how they spin it into the justice league.

I'm really struggling with this one. I love batman and superman but felt Man Of Steel was so-so. While I have enjoyed the previews to BvS Ben Afflick as Batman still makes me cringe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not quite in line with the OP but just finished watching DC's animated films Justice League:War and Flashpoint Paradox. I enjoyed both them but they did deserve the PG-13 rating for violence. I'm a sucker for the cartoon movies.

Not quite in line with the OP but just finished watching DC's animated films Justice League:War and Flashpoint Paradox. I enjoyed both them but they did deserve the PG-13 rating for violence. I'm a sucker for the cartoon movies.

You should check out the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series. They are fantastic!

Back