Describe Your Last Birdie

I actually filmed mine last night in an effort to post it to my introduction/prep thread.

Alright. One of the last times out for the season more than likely. Thought I'd take the opportunity to do something I've been meaning to so for a while.

Come join me for hole #9, blue tees, at my home course.

1569590398832.png

I've been lifting the last few weeks so I'm pretty stiff and feel kind of limited in my motions. But, the other side of the equation is that it's cool, I'm sore and stiff, but I'm not losing distance.

My first ever birdie was on a par 4, 365 yards. Hit a good 225 yard drive in fairway. Approach shot with 9 iron and was on in regulation, albeit 30 feet from the pin on a sloped green. Guessed at how it would break, set up my putt and swung away, I read it correctly for once :ROFLMAO:, drained it for my first ever birdie.

My last birdie was on a Par 3. 150 yards from the blue tees. Hit pitching wedge and landed barely on fringe of the green about 18 feet from the pin. Stroked the putt and drained it.

Only 2 that I have ever shot. Been close several other times, but 2 or 3 putts killed me.

Mine was three rounds ago. It was #7 at the Trails of Frisco in Frisco, TX. From the tees we were playing that day it was about a 500 yard par 5 with a slight dogleg left.

I hit a hybrid off the tee that landed in the middle of the fairway right at the bend of the dogleg. I then hit the same hybrid dead straight and ended up about 50 yards short of the green. A half swing sand wedge got me on the green, and I sunk a putt of about 15 feet that broke about five feet to the left.

The whole thing is etched in my mind pretty well because it’s the best hole of golf I’ve ever played.

I've been so busy since the start of the school year that I've only had the chance to go out once in the last 3 weeks (league playoffs). Had a really memorable birdie though: Par-4, 335 yard first hole. Took my 6 iron out off the tee and put one right down the middle to leave myself 141 yards to a back-middle pin. Grabbed my 9i and put it out to the left of the green, sitting up in the rough. Put my new Mizuno s18 SW into play for the first time and the ball somehow found it's way into the cup for a bird and an early lead.

Rare for me to get back to back birdies but I did it last time out on holes 8 and 9 at Highland Springs CC.

#8 is a 511 yard down hill par 5. Off the tee hit a nice draw off fairway bunkers to left center of fairway about 265 out. It goes steeply down hill after that before leveling out in the landing area short of the pond. A huge sycamore blocked the path to the left side area of the zone I hoped to be in since the pin was hanging out near the right edge. I tried to draw a little 7 iron around it since I couldn't clear it off the down hill lie and pulled it a little but got lucky. It just clipped a couple leaves off and but got through and left me in a real good spot 107 to pin, 101 to front edge. Nice flighted PW just long and left that trickled back and right with prevailing slope and left me a 10 foot L to R downhill slider. Putt caught high side and did a 360 before dropping.

#9 is a 396 yard par 4 with water all down the left, fairway slopes toward water, and trees along the right that can block approaches close to right edge. I've only been lucky enough to play this course 3 other times and I've always drown at least one ball here as it doesn't fit my draw/hook tendencies. But I killed my drive exactly where I aimed it at right edge and dead straight. Knew it was in fairway but thought approach would be blocked requiring a tricky fade but slope kicked my ball into center cut 141 out. Flighted a perfect 8 iron just long left and had almost the identical putt I'd just made but a couple feet longer. Putt went in dead center.

This course hosts our local Korn Ferry event each summer. Played great tee to green but those were only two putts I made. Funny thing is I went out and bought new balls the night before as I always dunk at least a half dozen on that course. Never lost a ball but 40 putts prevented any chance at a great score ... 28 putts the time before on similar greens ... ?golf?
B2BHSCC.png

Last edited:
Hole 11 par 4 at my home course.

Plays 350 yards and it’s a dogleg right that plays uphill.

Hit 3 wood off the tee dead straight followed by a club twirl.

Had 100 yards in and it played at 109 yards with slope. The ball sits above your feet here so I choked down and moved it back in my stance a tad. Pure contact again with my gap wedge that landed about 8 feet right of the hole. Yes, you guessed it, another club twirl.

This putt breaks right to left and was slightly downhill. Put a great roll on it and it slipped in the side door. Fist pump.

Side note: The previous time I played this hole I made a 7 without losing a ball

Two in my last 9 hole round

177 yard par 3, 9 iron to 6 inches, birdie.

564 yard par 5, driver, 8 iron, 20 foot downhill putt missed, 18 inches for birdie

Par 3 uphill putt probably 25ft, draino!

Par 5: Smoked drive, 5 iron just to the front, miss the eagle putt, 2 ft bird.

Par 5 at local city course I play regularly, playing around 520.

I hit a nice drive that ended up on left edge of fairway, still had like 260 into the wind so hit a 7i hoping to get a nice wedge in. Had around 90 left and hit a 54* wedge that never left the flag, flew right over in fact and had about 8 feet I think and drained it.

Par 3. Hit 7i through the green. Putted through maybe 6 ft of wet fringe and 20 ft of green to just trickle it in off the right side of the hole.

Today a 166 par3. Tee shot to 3 feet, made the putt. :) Unfortunately the rest of my round was terrible. :( lol what can ya do?? try try again

Last hole today. Little par 4 with water short of the green. Missed holing the gap wedge approach by about 4 inches. 4 footer for birdie.

Had 2 birdies today. Last one was 510 yards par 5.

Smoked Driver down the right side of the fairway. Had 180 to the hole. Hit a smooth 6 iron, came off a little thin and pushy. Missed the green right a bit pass the hole. Hit my 60* relatively high, stopped about 3" from the hole. Tap in Birdie.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Oh wait, it was yesterday. It was on the par 5 number 8 at Southern Hills. I hit a pretty decent drive to the middle of the fairway, but I really hit a great second shot that left me 84 yards to the hole. This particular green always runs out and It is very hard to stop a ball especially with where the hole was yesterday. I took a little less club than normal and landed it a good bit short. Just like I expected the ball rolled out a lot and burned the edge of the hole. It left me about 8 fert back up the hill for birdie. I hit a pretty good putt and drained it.

13th @ Lido Golf Club. Water (well, Bay) lines the whole right side about 15 ft from fairway. But since a slice seems to have left me in favor of a draw(hook), that doesn’t bother me anymore. So I over draw it into the light rough on the left side about 135 out.
Greens had been aerated/top dressed within the week so I KNOW that the greens won’t hold and to play it a bit short to allow runout. Lie is a textbook flyer to make things even more difficult.
Left to right breeze on top of everything else. Probably the purest iron shot of the day. Started off about 10 ft left and HIGH... then started riding the breeze back to the hole. Landed and just stopped on one bounce. I was shocked- figured I came up well short. Got to the green and found a full on pitch mark(not just a dent) about 24” from ball which was sitting 12” from the hole. Yes, I made the putt for the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530 yard par 5 dogleg right. Indifferent, leaky drive that did shave off some yardage but ended up in the edge of the right rough. Solid left to right (tree) 5-hybrid out of the rough to about 60 yards. Indifferent lob wedge with very little check that rolls out past the hole. Solid uphill 25' right to left putt that started on line and dove in the center of the hole.

Proves what one of my playing partner says. One really solid shot/putt on a hole usually brings par into the equation and two a birdie......

129 yard par three at Lakeway in Austin TX. Knocked it stiff to 3 feet and tapped it in.

A short little par 3 on an old par 9 course in the middle of the city... hole 9. It was raining and damp. 135 yards to the flag. I hit a nice little 9 iron exactly as I wanted and it stuck, about 4 feet from the hole. I made the putt and the rain turned into a downpour.

37 footer via Frontline Elevado.

Hole 18 Par 4 375 Rolling Meadows Golf Course

Hit driver and found the fairway

Hit wedge into the middle of the green leaving my self a 12ft uphill birdie putt.

Drained the putt and walked off the 18th with a big smile on my face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t recall the hole number since we started out of order but maybe 12? at Firestone North during the THP Bridgestone Championship. I hit a hybrid off the tee on this short par 4. I found a fairway bunker, hit a thin GW out of the bunker to about 20ft below the hole. Drained the putt.

I’ve made very few birdies lifetime from FW bunkers, most of the courses I play everyday don’t have many FW bunkers and the ones they do have are usually short of where my drives go.

Sadly I think that was my only real birdie at the event. Then life got in the way and I’ve only played nine since. I did make 2 birdies that nine but it’s a SHORT course where some of the 4’s are driveable with 4i so I dont really count those.

Hole 18 today, after a good drive that landed litterally 3 ft from the 150 stake (which I pulled out to hit my shot) took a 7 iron into a good stiff breeze all carry over water to 7 ft. and made the putt which was the best part.

Short Par 5, past the pin in the first cut for eagle, chipped it to 5 feet, drained the birdie

Back