Desperately need help putting.

Can’t argue with a pure end over end roll at the right speed! Looking really good!
Thanks! Your commitment to this thread as been a big boost to my motivation if I’m honest so I really appreciate you!

I’ve been having a lot of lip outs on the course lately I know that is because of aim and face control but I think a small contributor is me rolling it a little too quick due to the uphill nature of my putting mat. I’ve been trying to die it at the hole on my putting mat more over the past couple of weeks.

I’ve seen good results on course. I’m not quite sinking a bunch of 1 putts yet but I’m getting them there at much better speed and at least scaring the hole now. We’re getting close and it’s exciting!

:rolleyes: Why? Why Mclovinlines, why??

I repeat - I love all triple-trackers. You're all very special people to me. :D
And if anything helps, use it. Always.

Believe I am going to demo the triple trackers...

I’m still putting in work how is it looking?

Wow looking at the putter headed south I like the motion. But at your set up, I don’t like the way your elbows are set on the way your arms are moving. It just looks like it would lead to inconsistencies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems you like SBST putting style and so your arms are splayed apart and you are moving your arms more so than your shoulders.

Not my preferred style as you have to manipulate the motion to keep the head on the line which is hard to repeat consistently.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

If we are picking nits, it almost looked liked you were aiming/pushing it at the end when the head released towards the outside at the end of the behind the line view. That said, it looked like it was rolling well.

If we are picking nits, it almost looked liked you were aiming/pushing it at the end when the head released towards the outside at the end of the behind the line view. That said, it looked like it was rolling well.
Yea I can see that it’s not something I felt though. The head of the OMOI is much heavier which is a bit different and I’ve got to get used to.

To address the other comment I do feel like I’m using more of my shoulders and less of my arms. At least much more than I used to a few months ago. Also, the feel of elbows out and the lead elbow working up on and after impact has eliminated a lot of the pulled left putts I was suffering from. I’m a lot more consistent now so I disagree with @Canabuc comment about it being inconsistent

Yeah, certainly could be the weight hanging there you just react a bit different at the end.

Haven‘t been following all the videos in depth, but would agree with your assessment that you have gotten less with your arms on course over the life of this thread

Yea I can see that it’s not something I felt though. The head of the OMOI is much heavier which is a bit different and I’ve got to get used to.

To address the other comment I do feel like I’m using more of my shoulders and less of my arms. At least much more than I used to a few months ago. Also, the feel of elbows out and the lead elbow working up on and after impact has eliminated a lot of the pulled left putts I was suffering from. I’m a lot more consistent now so I disagree with @Canabuc comment about it being inconsistent
I am glad you are putting better.
I was only pointing out that your elbow position is a bit unorthodox and is usually done by people who disconnect their arms from their body when putting and try to keep putterhead straight in line instead of allowing it to curve a bit on its natural ark.

We can agree to disagree but if you look in your most if not all have their elbows pointing more towards their body and slightly touching.

Here are pictures of Tiger and Jack. You have your arms like jack. If it works for you great.
But he was know for a piston push type stroke with his right hand and arm guiding the movement.

It you want to take your hands out of it and have more shoulder dominated stories you would likely need to set up more like Tiger.

Both can work.
Experiment.
I know for me if my elbows are like that then I feel my hands and arms try to manipulate my path too straight which is inconsistent....for me.JackNicklaus.jpeg.jpgtiger-woods-putting-stance-13088036.jpg

I do appreciate your feedback @Canabuc the way I arrived at my current setup is through experimentation. I’ve found that when I setup and try to putt like tiger I tend to pull across the ball and send it left of the hole.

You are correct in that I’ve come to the conclusion that a SBST stroke is most natural for me. I spent all last year trying to fight my natural tendency and have a slight arc to fit the putter I wanted to use. It was a disaster. Ive finally moved on from that putter so I’m embracing my sbst tendencies now.

I’ll keep experimenting and trying to find what works best for me. That’s what this thread is all about. Thanks for following along and offering your feedback 👊

Do you know your eye dominance?
Been reading alot and listening to podcasts by Bruce Rearick

If you are right eye dominant maybe you pull ball with out to in path because ball position to forward or you need a slightly open stance....

In any case his stuff and what I've heard in interviews podcasts... Is illuminating.

Do you know your eye dominance?
Been reading alot and listening to podcasts by Bruce Rearick

If you are right eye dominant maybe you pull ball with out to in path because ball position to forward or you need a slightly open stance....

In any case his stuff and what I've heard in interviews podcasts... Is illuminating.

I am left eye dominant

@Scooby45 stopped by my club last night to perform a wellness check on my putting. I've been struggling a lot lately with intrusive putting thoughts. I'm a royal mess right now. There was talk last night about getting a shock collar for me that goes off whenever I lift my head to look at a putt as soon as it leaves the face. There was also talk of duct-taping my lead wrist to a popsicle stick and then to the putter grip to ensure I don't break my wrist through the putting stroke.

They sound like extreme measures but scoob is a solid putter so maybe I should listen? :oops:

I do have some putting lessons that I'm scheduling out first one is next Monday (hopefully I have to confirm with the guy)

Good luck.

@Scooby45 stopped by my club last night to perform a wellness check on my putting. I've been struggling a lot lately with intrusive putting thoughts. I'm a royal mess right now. There was talk last night about getting a shock collar for me that goes off whenever I lift my head to look at a putt as soon as it leaves the face. There was also talk of duct-taping my lead wrist to a popsicle stick and then to the putter grip to ensure I don't break my wrist through the putting stroke.

They sound like extreme measures but scoob is a solid putter so maybe I should listen? :oops:

I do have some putting lessons that I'm scheduling out first one is next Monday (hopefully I have to confirm with the guy)
They were all (mostly?) in jest.

I like you plan of committing to your putter and committing to the lesson plans. Giving them a solid run before going off the many well intentioned sources you’ve also been looking into, me include, minus the shock collar bit 😉

I was mostly kidding but now I’m curious, how is it working?
Awkward but I can tell I’m rolling it a bit more pure. It might be worth the stripes of arm hair.

I’m sure there is a middle ground. I’m not sure that my wrist needs to be completely flat like that so long as it stays in whatever position it starts in all the way thru the stroke.

Awkward but I can tell I’m rolling it a bit more pure. It might be worth the stripes of arm hair.

I’m sure there is a middle ground. I’m not sure that my wrist needs to be completely flat like that so long as it stays in whatever position it starts in all the way thru the stroke.
If you have a sense of what angle we can really have some fun and I could try to 3D print a little brace taht gives some room but will let you know if it goes too far

If you have a sense of what angle we can really have some fun and I could try to 3D print a little brace taht gives some room but will let you know if it goes too far
:eek:🤯
I love this. Let’s figure it out.

:eek:🤯
I love this. Let’s figure it out.
So if a straight pencil is too much, what kind of angle do you want from forearm to back of hand?

So if a straight pencil is too much, what kind of angle do you want from forearm to back of hand?
I’m not quite sure I’ll need to play around with it and find out. Probably just a little more bend than just flat.

I’m not quite sure I’ll need to play around with it and find out. Probably just a little more bend than just flat.
I could just take a stab at something…

color preferenc?

I could just take a stab at something…

color preferenc?
Yeah you’d probably know better than I on a good angle. I trust your putting. Black or gray?

Back