DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck gentleman! I would say I'm jealous but with the weather today im not :)

Sun is peeking out, going to be a beautiful day.

I think I saw a #cookie kite flying over Prosper just now.......wait a minute, THAT'S NOT A KITE!!!!

We're having fun.
afcefed1fcf4fe54dfa1c8592b05b401.jpg

d0f9f4a4f58639238774038a3f81d567.jpg

We're in hole 3 and these are the conditions
Fun golf

Tomorrow looks better ... much better.

Hey guys, where is a good place to go and get loft checked on your clubs? I think Sellingers does it. Anywhere else in the North Dallas area? I've never had it done with my clubs and wanted to get them checked and possible correctly where off.

Hey guys, where is a good place to go and get loft checked on your clubs? I think Sellingers does it. Anywhere else in the North Dallas area? I've never had it done with my clubs and wanted to get them checked and possible correctly where off.
I get mine done at the PGA superstore in Southlake but the gentleman who does it I have known him for a couple years now and trust his work. I also know the Hank Haney golf school at Westridge has club repair services so you might give them a call.

PGA or Golfsmith, but probably quicker at PGA.

I get mine done at the PGA superstore in Southlake but the gentleman who does it I have known him for a couple years now and trust his work. I also know the Hank Haney golf school at Westridge has club repair services so you might give them a call.

I'm right by Westridge....might try there to see. Thanks!

I shot 90 with 1 birdie....challenging day for sure. Unsure if I won any money or not.

Panda: gloves were a tad thicker than I like, especially with the left one once gripping the club. Needs to be a bit colder before I commit to them. THP shaft didn't get played...I failed to measure and butt trim so it was like 48 inches long or something installed. LMAO...oops. Luckily the Mini was a stud today in it's place. Will trim and play on Tuesday.

I shot 90 with 1 birdie....challenging day for sure. Unsure if I won any money or not.

Panda: gloves were a tad thicker than I like, especially with the left one once gripping the club. Needs to be a bit colder before I commit to them. THP shaft didn't get played...I failed to measure and butt trim so it was like 48 inches long or something installed. LMAO...oops. Luckily the Mini was a stud today in it's place. Will trim and play on Tuesday.

I hate it when being too long is a problem.

That wind sounded brutal today..hope you guys had fun anyway!

I hate it when being too long is a problem.

That wind sounded brutal today..hope you guys had fun anyway!

It's a problem I often have. :alien:

Definitely fun, really windy but not as cold as I thought I would be.....well prepared for sure.

Results from today, nice job Eddie!!

PVGA
INDIVIDUAL – HILLS
NOVEMBER 21, 2015

CHAMPIONSHIP FLIGHT
1ST GROSS​​​60.00 ​Don Atkins​​78
1ST NET​​​​60.00​Juan Herreros​​74
2ND​​​​40.00​Bob Woodson​​75
3RD​​​​30.00​Fate Jones​​75
4TH​​​​20.00​Peter Hinojosa​​80

Closest to Pin #7 – Fate Jones – 11.00

Skins-Juan Herreros #3, Don Atkins #17, Zach Smite #4, Fate Jones #6 and #9, Doug Black #5 - 9.00 ea

FIRST FLIGHT
1ST NET​​​​70.00​Steve Thomas​​67
2ND​​​​50.00​Jason Smith​​69
3RD​​​​40.00​Eddie Collier​​77
4TH​​​​30.00​Paul Turner​​78
5TH​​​​20.00​Michael Cook​​78

Closest to Pin #11 – Paul Turner – 11.00

Skins – Michael Cook #1, Jason Smith #3 and #6, Steve Thomas #10 and #15, Mike McDuff #5 – 9.00 ea

Results from today, nice job Eddie!!

PVGA
INDIVIDUAL – HILLS
NOVEMBER 21, 2015

CHAMPIONSHIP FLIGHT
1ST GROSS​​​60.00 ​Don Atkins​​78
1ST NET​​​​60.00​Juan Herreros​​74
2ND​​​​40.00​Bob Woodson​​75
3RD​​​​30.00​Fate Jones​​75
4TH​​​​20.00​Peter Hinojosa​​80

Closest to Pin #7 – Fate Jones – 11.00

Skins-Juan Herreros #3, Don Atkins #17, Zach Smite #4, Fate Jones #6 and #9, Doug Black #5 - 9.00 ea

FIRST FLIGHT
1ST NET​​​​70.00​Steve Thomas​​67
2ND​​​​50.00​Jason Smith​​69
3RD​​​​40.00​Eddie Collier​​77
4TH​​​​30.00​Paul Turner​​78
5TH​​​​20.00​Michael Cook​​78

Closest to Pin #11 – Paul Turner – 11.00

Skins – Michael Cook #1, Jason Smith #3 and #6, Steve Thomas #10 and #15, Mike McDuff #5 – 9.00 ea
Nice work fellas!

You boys need to step up your tournament game and head down to Horseshoe Bay with Chris and I next year! Very well done today in those conditions. Brutal.

Got the lofts checked and I'm glad I did. A few were a degree or two off and my 56 degree was at 58 which explains why I haven't been able to hit it 100 yards the last few months. Had em bend to 55 to make sure.

Horseshoe is doable in 2016 me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back