DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, we should try to play once or twice if weather allows. And like Mikeg, I guess I need to purchase a pass now.

Sure would be fun to get a group and get 36 in. Take advantage of all the Cowboys goodness.
Yeah not all of us could take a little warm weather last time. I'm game for 36 and more golf that week!

Hey Eddie, did you feel the earthquake? I was not home but Shannon's daughter said she did.

Last edited:
Hey Eddie, did you feel the earthquake? I was not home but Shannon's daughter said she did.
We felt it. We didn't know what it was. Thought it might have been someone breaking the sound barrier again. Had that happen before too.
I was on the couch and thought someone or one of the dogs has hit the couch. Then my wife asked if I felt that. Then my son comes down stairs and asked what that was.

I'll never forget my first earthquake. It was in OK. I was just getting up and I thought someone drove a car into the house. The whole thing shook. Had no idea that OK got earthquakes at that time. It was pretty cool looking back on it since there was no serious damage.

I'll never forget my first earthquake. It was in OK. I was just getting up and I thought someone drove a car into the house. The whole thing shook. Had no idea that OK got earthquakes at that time. It was pretty cool looking back on it since there was no serious damage.
That's exactly what my wife and son thought. Kind of a strange feeling.
A guy at work said it was like the whole building jumped. He thought an engine exploded in the test cell.

Anyone interested in playing Thursday mid-morning? 70* and clear skies forecasted as of now.

Maybe Stevens Park?

Anyone interested in playing Thursday mid-morning? 70* and clear skies forecasted as of now.

Maybe Stevens Park?

I may be open, gotta buy a new rangefinder though.
I'm at Los rios and some liked mine enough to take mine off my cart at the turn while my group grabbed something to eat.

I may be open, gotta buy a new rangefinder though.
I'm at Los rios and some liked mine enough to take mine off my cart at the turn while my group grabbed something to eat.

Damn dude, that sucks....sorry to hear that. We can share a cart so you can use mine on Thursday if that helps (or we can both walk).

Thursday, 12/24
mid-morning, course TBD (maybe Stevens Park)

1) Cookie
2) djcoolaid1914 (maybe)
3)
4)

I don't think I can do Christmas Eve. That's usually a family day for us! Have fun Cookie

Going to be visiting family that day. Have fun guys.
Damn dude, that sucks....sorry to hear that. We can share a cart so you can use mine on Thursday if that helps (or we can both walk).

Thursday, 12/24
mid-morning, course TBD (maybe Stevens Park)

1) Cookie
2) djcoolaid1914 (maybe)
3)
4)

Question about Champions Circle - most recent comments about it are pretty bad. Is it still that bad?

I have a weekend to kill in Dallas in the middle of a long business trip last weekend in January and got a great rate at the Marriott for Friday & Saturday night. I'll have my clubs with me as part of the trip is Phoenix and another part is Tampa & Orlando so I was thinking that if the weather was good I could get in a Sunday AM round. If Champions Circle is OK, that would be pretty convenient. If not, any recommendations for a good course close by?

Last time I played there they should have paid me to play the course. I would drive a few miles down the road and play Robson Ranch.

I agree with cwmonroe87. Go north on 35w to play Robson Ranch, much better condition course. There is Fossil Creek too. Its about 10/15 to the south. I don't care much for the course, but many like it. Always in good shape, I have just had issues with pace of play and the staff there.
Question about Champions Circle - most recent comments about it are pretty bad. Is it still that bad?

I have a weekend to kill in Dallas in the middle of a long business trip last weekend in January and got a great rate at the Marriott for Friday & Saturday night. I'll have my clubs with me as part of the trip is Phoenix and another part is Tampa & Orlando so I was thinking that if the weather was good I could get in a Sunday AM round. If Champions Circle is OK, that would be pretty convenient. If not, any recommendations for a good course close by?

We have some friends who live near 635 and the tollway. We may either stay with them or at a hotel that is closer. Any recommendations for a course close to there?

We have some friends who live near 635 and the tollway. We may either stay with them or at a hotel that is closer. Any recommendations for a course close to there?

Mainly country clubs in that area. Sherrill Park has traditionally been a solid track and not too far away.

Cowboys. Especially in January. Course is always in great shape. A little more expensive, but can find deals every once in a while. Watch Idealgolfer in the DFW area. I think they just ran deal last week.

Playing keeton park today near oak cliff. Decent track for the price

Playing keeton park today near oak cliff. Decent track for the price

Not sure I've ever played there....maybe once in HS. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

#Cookie will Stevens park be open thurs? Looked online and there are no tee times listed for that day.

#Cookie will Stevens park be open thurs? Looked online and there are no tee times listed for that day.

I'm sure they will....but if it's just the two of us, maybe we just do Prairie Lakes?

Hey Texans,
We have some exciting stuff coming your way.

Hey Texans,
We have some exciting stuff coming your way.

Merry Christmas to us.....can't freaking wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back