DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

@Phil75070 How’s WestRidge conditions? Greens?
There is a new Superintendent who has the course, tee to green looking pretty good. Rough is cut way down. Greens are coming along but most have patches of a different grass (don't think it is Poa Annua). That grass is not as smooth as the Tiff Eagle as it has obvious "grain", grows at a different rate and can cause the ball to bounce, affect speed and throw it off line if you have to putt through a patch. Number 8 was replaced last fall, is hard as a rock and is very bumpy. They are actually hand mowing it.

Met the new guy. His total focus is getting the course in its best condition for weekends. "During growing season" they will be doing something to the greens every other Monday, punching, whether small or large tines, sanding, spraying, verti-cutting.....

There is a new Superintendent who has the course, tee to green looking pretty good. Rough is cut way down. Greens are coming along but most have patches of a different grass (don't think it is Poa Annua). That grass is not as smooth as the Tiff Eagle as it has obvious "grain", grows at a different rate and can cause the ball to bounce, affect speed and throw it off line if you have to putt through a patch. Number 8 was replaced last fall, is hard as a rock and is very bumpy. They are actually hand mowing it.

Met the new guy. His total focus is getting the course in its best condition for weekends. "During growing season" they will be doing something to the greens every other Monday, punching, whether small or large tines, sanding, spraying, verti-cutting.....
Think we may try it tomorrow.

Anyone in here from just north of Austin. Maybe between Georgetown and Round Rock?

Greens were extremely sslooooow! They rolled pretty well but you had to knock the stink out of the ball to get it there. Pace of play was better than we expected. Finished in just over 4 hours. Still don't understand the "you can share a cart with someone in your household". Wouldn't let 2 guys that were roommates share but if they were brothers that lived in different households they would have let 'em. LOL. Ok, Guy that walked 18 had to pay the same price as they guys that rode. Good day out there though. Was interesting have a north wind blowing in May with it being 85 degrees. Weird.

They have managed to stay open throughout this whole virus situation by being very strict about following the guidelines laid out by the governor and Judge Hill. ".....except for members of the same household" being able to ride together, I guess "household" can be open to interpretation, living together vs family. We've been saying the same thing about green speed and every once in a while you can get fooled and find a putt much speedier than anticipated. Don't know about what they are or are not charging for as we are all members having paid our annual fee back at the beginning of January. We never have to worry about pace of play. We've been playing as a threesome, 2nd group off every weekday, and with our own carts we are playing in a little over 2:30.

Did you find the fairways a little on the long side as well? This super is new so don't know what his long term plan is for how the course should be played, but we've always thought this course to be more of a links "style" that should play hard and fast but his predecessor had other ideas. The super, as I understand it, does not answer to the GM.

We've had some strange weather for sure. Lots of rain in the forecast that suddenly goes away, and clear forecasts where we suddenly experience light showers or drizzle, not to mention differing wind speeds and directions day-to-day.

Hope you played well!

Hey guys. I moved into the FtW area a few months ago. My GHIN annual membership from my last association is soon to expire.

What are my options to transfer my GHIN to TX. I’m digging around the GHIN website and the TXGolf (txga.org) webpage too, but it’s not obvious to me. Thanks in advance!

Anyone down that way playing Friday?

Hey guys. I moved into the FtW area a few months ago. My GHIN annual membership from my last association is soon to expire.

What are my options to transfer my GHIN to TX. I’m digging around the GHIN website and the TXGolf (txga.org) webpage too, but it’s not obvious to me. Thanks in advance!
I believe the Grint app may allow you to transfer your GHIN over...??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I believe the Grint app may allow you to transfer your GHIN over...??

Maybe, but if it’s like my last location, you have to join an association or a course, and pay an annual fee. I’m just wondering how to do that here or set it up. What you all do basically? There are online associations as well as real course associations... at least at my former location.

Playing Irving Golf Club on Friday. Any intel?

Maybe, but if it’s like my last location, you have to join an association or a course, and pay an annual fee. I’m just wondering how to do that here or set it up. What you all do basically? There are online associations as well as real course associations... at least at my former location.
When I set mine up thru Grint, it tied me to Lantana with an annual cost of like $20-30...if I remember correctly...

Outside of that, I am not paying anything else/additional to Lantana.

I think I saw once that Golf Magazine will handle your GHIN too provided you are a subscriber....??

We have room for 1 more.(y)
Well crap. He hadn't made the reservation and now earliest is 2:40. Checking other courses. Argh!!!!! He said he was going to make it several days ago.

2:40 would be fine for me. Let me see what MrsOG has planned and if I'm gonna make the trip down, I'll let you know something tonight or tomorrow.

2:40 would be fine for me. Let me see what MrsOG has planned and if I'm gonna make the trip down, I'll let you know something tonight or tomorrow.
I will post what we end up with as to course and time. Nothing is solid at this point.

I will post what we end up with as to course and time. Nothing is solid at this point.

I guess I'm out. MrsOG's family is gonna be out of town. Maybe another time.

I played Lake Park GC in Lewisville yesterday afternoon. The heat was brutal, but the course was in pretty good shape. Fairways and greens were well cared for.

Anyone playing Saturday and have room for one more?

would be nice but i am playing Ceder Crest Sunday, Tribute is just down the road from me

Anyone have room for 1 Saturday morning between 0800 and 1000 (depending on location)?

Back