Did You Play Nike Equipment?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
And if so, what?

Yep! Still some of my favorite irons of all time. The VPC’s were absolutely impeccable designs.

Only golf balls

Slingshot irons from 2006 (my buddy still has and uses them)
VR Pro Cavity irons.
Covert 2.0 driver as well.
Nike Victory Red 3h, which I stopped using when I started hooking hybrids (years ago).
I also have a Nike V-Rev Dual Sole 54° wedge, but have not touched it in years.

Last edited:
Yes, Nike Black Golf Balls. Was my replacement from Stratas.

HELL YES!
Driver
Fairways
Irons
Putter
Ball

only thing I never got to use was wedges

I played the Dymo2 driver for 2 glorious, ear puncturing years. Still one of my favorite drivers ever!

Nothing except the Nike Black golf balls every now & then 😲

Played the Vapor Fly Driver, 3 wood and hybrid for a long time. Loved those.

Had the Nike SQ Machspeed iron set for a lot of years too. My friend still has them.

Had a Machspeed Black driver that my fire department buddy is now playing.

And my first drive ever was one of the Sumo SQ drivers.

Used to love their equipment. Kinda miss it.

nope

I played the Nike RZN golf balls before Rock left and the ball changed. I had a Method putter and a set of Vapor irons. I also had a Concept driver and a dymo 3w.

Last edited:
CPR hybrid was the only Nike club I played.

VR Pro 2i. Never had a full set because I was gaming my Bridgestone irons during the time I got back into golf and Nike was making irons. I probably would have gotten a set otherwise.

Yes. The Nike Vapor driver was played for quite a while.

No. I never had a Nike club or ball in the bag.

Gamed the Nike SQ Dymo 2 driver for a while. I remember that thing had a pretty wild sound at impact.

I few different version of the Nike ball. I had a Nike VR pro driver that was great. I also had some Nike wedges. I can remember for you what year those were from. The wedges I had kinda sucked.

Nope, but the forged blades were gorgeous.

I did not. I was 20 when they started releasing equipment and was 36 when they folded. at 36 I was just starting to be able to buy new gear as kids were getting older and my wife and I were advancing in our careers. Before that I was playing my gear from high school when my parents bought it because we were B-R-O-K-E. Diapers, daycare, formula and coming of age during the great recession was a tough economic road for a young DataDude.

Sure did
I had some Nike drivers when I was in college, I want to say they were 400cc, then I had a Nike Ignite 450 for a bit.
Orignal Nike Method 003 putter (fell in love with it at the first THP Outing and Demo Day PGA National)
Nike SQ II fairways...still one of my favorite clubs ever
Nike Dymo fairways...didn't like as much as the SQ II
Covert, Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
Nike VRS Forged irons - they were an underrated set.
Nike One Tour D was a ball for a long time.

Original sasquatch driver and fw's. I had some wedges and a couple of putters as well.

I did the 3 club tour thing with them. Instruction on driving, wedges, and putter and got one of each for signing up. I think my goal was to break 100 when I went to that. :ROFLMAO:

When I was in the golf biz, I played an entire bag of clubs.

Sumo Driver and 3 wood.
CCI Irons
SV Wedges
Cant remember what putter

I had everything Victory Red wise and then Vapor Pro Combo and Speed irons.

Several bags and shoes too.

Just retired the Vapor Flex hybrid in April 2023 :drinks:

Whatever the forged distance irons were called. Loved them.

Back