AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever done a Disney Cruise? Thinking about it next year.

Has anyone ever done a Disney Cruise? Thinking about it next year.
Done four. They’re pricy but they can be fun. Lot of fun for kids, and the adult zone area is nice and quiet.

Done four. They’re pricy but they can be fun. Lot of fun for kids, and the adult zone area is nice and quiet.
I am wondering if they are easier then just going to the park.

I am wondering if they are easier then just going to the park.
Oh, much easier. Your room is only a few minutes away at any given moment. So, if a kiddo is tired and getting cranky? They can be back in the cool air or taking a nap within minutes instead of the likely hour it would take between deciding to leave the park, waiting on a shuttle, getting to your hotel, etc.

Might honestly have more fun on the cruise. It’s so weid how you just happen to meet so many of the same characters and princesses on the ship, and it’s way smaller lines

Oh, much easier. Your room is only a few minutes away at any given moment. So, if a kiddo is tired and getting cranky? They can be back in the cool air or taking a nap within minutes instead of the likely hour it would take between deciding to leave the park, waiting on a shuttle, getting to your hotel, etc.

Might honestly have more fun on the cruise. It’s so weid how you just happen to meet so many of the same characters and princesses on the ship, and it’s way smaller lines
Did you go to "their" island?

been on a couple. tons of fun, especially for the kids.

the island was really cool as well. we went before the last storm that crushed it, so not sure how much it's rebuilt.

haven't been on other cruise lines, but the disney cruise was very clean which i hear isn't usually the case.

Great service and food. Disney is really good at making certain things easier. For example, if you fly in and are doing the park too, they’ll handle all your transport, baggage, etc. It’s just very easy. Clean boats and all the little details are considered.

I dunno though. I thought Royal Carribean was a little more fun, even for the kids in some ways. They approach the cruise like a party from start to finish. We did a package trip with them and Universal and it was killer.

I’d also say that I think RC’a island is better than Disney’s.

Oh, and the Disney folks are still demanding your papers 💩

I have been on two of them. I think we waited too long for it to be really worth it for our kids. Lots of fun, but I would rather go on two standard cruises than one Disney. They are overpriced. But heck, my kids are teens and feel the same about Disney World now and would rather go to Universal

My wife and I went on one, before the kid was out and kicking, and we had a blast. Great customer service and overall experience. I would highly recommend.

one of the meals I had on one of the boats is up there with the beat I've ever had.

edit: Remy

Remy-dishes.png

@AndyL0711 If you’re gonna do it, do a three day one and get the feel of it. That way if you’re like welp, that sucks, you’re not out the cost of a 5-7 day cruise.

I had fun on Celebrity, fwiw. Actual perks are nice.

Question is were you allowed in the adult section? ;)

We just got back from one in Scandinavia with our three adult children, and it was one of the best vacations we've ever done. Our daughter goes off to her freshman year of college in two weeks, so it was sort of a gift to all of us celebrating her graduation and our empty nest stage. It's a beautiful part of the world that we had never seen before, and we will definitely be going back to Norway, hopefully in the next few years. We spent a few days in Copenhagen on the front end of the trip, and it is a fantastic city with some of the friendliest people in the world.

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.18.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.17.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.15.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.14.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.12.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.11.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.11.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.03.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.03.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.02.52 AM.png

We just got back from one in Scandinavia with our three adult children, and it was one of the best vacations we've ever done. Our daughter goes off to her freshman year of college in two weeks, so it was sort of a gift to all of us celebrating her graduation and our empty nest stage. It's a beautiful part of the world that we had never seen before, and we will definitely be going back to Norway, hopefully in the next few years. We spent a few days in Copenhagen on the front end of the trip, and it is a fantastic city with some of the friendliest people in the world.

View attachment 9197647View attachment 9197648View attachment 9197649View attachment 9197650View attachment 9197651View attachment 9197652View attachment 9197653View attachment 9197654View attachment 9197655View attachment 9197656
beautiful. We've been eyeing that trip for awhile.

I’ve heard the cruises up there are unreal with the fjords and the views!

We leave Friday on the Wish. Any last minute things I need to know?

You can bring a six pack per adult if you drink beer. Register for Oceaneer's Club right away if you can.

I've been on the Disney cruise and to the park. When my kids were uber young, the cruise would have worked but as they aged the park was a must. The nice thing about the cruise is it gave us some downtime from the childern. The park, even 15 years ago, was pure combat vacation. I literally prepared like we were fighting crowds and we were generally done riding anything by 11am as all was done. Park was so crowded by 10:30am that it was not fun for parents. We could no wait to hear those magic words- can we leave and go to the hotel pool

You can bring a six pack per adult if you drink beer. Register for Oceaneer's Club right away if you can.
How does the Oceaneer’s Club work? Did you feel comfortable leaving your children there?

You need to register the kiddos, get them a band, and then drop them off. Really easy and most kids love it.

Back