How does the Oceaneer’s Club work? Did you feel comfortable leaving your children there?
Yeah they are always tracked. You can always call to check. They have the same counselors throughout. They will text through app if any issues.

The first day you can go in with your kids and check it out but typically after that parents aren’t allowed in.

You need to register the kiddos, get them a band, and then drop them off. Really easy and most kids love it.
Got the bands, I’ve linked them to our account already. Just register them as soon as we get on the boat?

Got the bands, I’ve linked them to our account already. Just register them as soon as we get on the boat?
Yep, like booking a specialty restaurant. Sprint there. Your kids aren’t goin anywhere, you can’t even take a child out of there if your band isn’t linked to theirs.

You're going to have a great time. The Wish is a killer ship.

How does the Oceaneer’s Club work? Did you feel comfortable leaving your children there?

100% felt comfortable with them going into that club. The Wish had the "kids club" by different age groups so you didn't have a lot of teens with little ones. They are staffed appropriately and well trained. They even have the same kids club the kids can go to on the private island. We didn't do that because we did things as a family. I'll gladly answer any questions you have. We're going back again this fall.

You're going to have a great time. The Wish is a killer ship.

100% it is. We love it so much were going back for another trip this fall. So much fun stuff for the kids and adults to do.
Oh, here's a tip. If you going to Nassau, I recommend spending as much time as you can on the ship that day. Not a ton to do in Nassau without spending money and things will be less crowded.
100% agree with this. Stay on the boat that day and have fun at Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is staffed by Disney employees and many of the ships crew members.

If you can, skip the departure festivities and book a discounted massage during that time

Stopped for the night in Brunswick, GA. We board tomorrow at 2pm.

Did Ken last year it was great. Would do another once I pay off the one from last year. Lol

How was your trip?
Pretty great! It was nice to get away from reality after the last few months. Children had a blast. I posted a ton of pictures on my Instagram. If I never eat another chicken tender in my life, I’d be ok with that. 🤣

IMG_1561.jpeg

Pretty great! It was nice to get away from reality after the last few months. Children had a blast. I posted a ton of pictures on my Instagram. If I never eat another chicken tender in my life, I’d be ok with that. 🤣

View attachment 9237805
Glad to hear it! The late night pizza on Wish was one of my favorite things. We had a weird trip that week - daughter got sick and we ended up in the room far more often than we wanted to be.

Glad to hear it! The late night pizza on Wish was one of my favorite things. We had a weird trip that week - daughter got sick and we ended up in the room far more often than we wanted to be.
My daughter has terrible allergies and started sneezing on the trip down. Usually a precursor to her being sick. Knock on wood… she’s still fine. It was low 70s in Cape Canaveral and Nassau. But, low 60s and super windy at Castaway Cay. If we go again, I want to go to different ports. Also, I saw several Carnival cruise ships. You couldn’t pay me to get on one of those now.

My daughter has terrible allergies and started sneezing on the trip down. Usually a precursor to her being sick. Knock on wood… she’s still fine. It was low 70s in Cape Canaveral and Nassau. But, low 60s and super windy at Castaway Cay. If we go again, I want to go to different ports. Also, I saw several Carnival cruise ships. You couldn’t pay me to get on one of those now.
Oh, that's a real bummer. Bahamas can be weird, because you expect it to be super warm, but it be a crapshoot. We've been there with similar weather and it was a bit of a drag.

Funny you mention that about Carnival. I've said the same thing every time I've seen one of their ships in Nassau lol. I will say that their short Bahamas cruises are a little different than their longer trips (from what I've heard).

As for different ports, the farther south and east the better imo. Dominican, PR, or the St Thomas area is much more likely to have better weather. You're almost always looking at 5 days minimum and maybe 7 to go that route. Worth it imo.

Wife wants to take another Disney cruise. Anyone ever sailed on the Disney Magic.

What do you think?
Been on a few different boats. If I’m keeping them straight the magic is one that is a bit smaller which is a good thing with the Disney style. And we’ve been on it twice. Probably our favorite

Switch it up and go one of the new RC mega ships.
I’d even settle for anything Oasis class. They all like to leave from Miami/Lauderdale but they’re slowly starting to creep up to Canaveral.

I saw the Allure of the seas is gonna leave from there later this year. Highly tempting.

I’d even settle for anything Oasis class. They all like to leave from Miami/Lauderdale but they’re slowly starting to creep up to Canaveral.

I saw the Allure of the seas is gonna leave from there later this year. Highly tempting.
I think Disney is sometime thought of as the only kid-friendly option, but we liked RC even more in many ways.

I think Disney is sometime thought of as the only kid-friendly option, but we liked RC even more in many ways.
They’re all super kid friendly now. Disney will of course have everything Disney and Marvel and Star Wars, but like… Kids can do a whole lot of other cool stuff too that’s not involving all of that.

Also, go karts.

Have done one, first cruise as well. Wedid the Wish out of Miami for 5 nights.

Plus points:
Disney does things well, I've no other cruise to compare but between food, areas, kids entertainment.

Kids area - if my daughter was a year or 2 older we'd have let her run her entry/exit. Great place.

Food - again, no comparison but it was really good.

Photo package - buy it, worth it 100%

Negative points:
Cost - mickey knows where your wallet is.

Wish boat - oldest, smallest boat, adult area was not adults only, smallest pools, most crowding (that's how I felt)

Disney overload - the constant Disney is too much, we know it's a Disney cruise, just didn't expect 24/7 everywhere you walk.

Back