Disney Vacation with a round at Disney's Magnolia thrown in

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
My family is going to Disney Saturday May 8th thru 15th, we're staying on resort at Port Orleans Riverside and have quite a fun filled week planned out. Part of our planning left me a little time in the afternoon on Tuesday May 11 so I booked a twilight round at Magnolia. 2 questions:

1. Has anyone played Magnolia and what did you think? I know it's one of 2 courses used for the PGA's Children's Miracle Network Classic so any course that hosts the big boys is good for me!

2. Anyone in the Orlando area with some time on their hands in the afternoon of May 11 care to join me? I have a tee time setup for 3:06 for 1 right now, I can certainly add you to the tee sheet if anyone can make it.

I see that resorts guests get a complimentary set of rentals so I'm going to save the airline fee and go this route, their site says you get the choice of Titleist or Cobra so that shouldn't be all bad. Hopefully they'll let me mix Cobra woods with Titleist irons!!

Anyone with experience playing golf while at Disney please chime in with your experiences!

That sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy :clapp:

Hey P4B

1. Haven't played it yet but from what I heard it's the course to play out of the four if you had only a choice of one. The Palm is nice as well. Conditions are always excellent (I was just there this past weekend) and they didn't seem to have the same issues as some of the Orlando courses got after this unseasonably cold winter. It also has that cool Mickey sand trap that they pimped in Big Break Disney (I think it was the 5th or 15th hole) so bring a camera.

2. Let me get back to you on this one. I'll have to try to clear something up so TBD on that but would love to hit some out there. Do you mind if I ask how much the tee time is worth? If not for public knowledge then just PM me.

Their rentals are ok. Not the best but certainly better than you're average driving range. Most of the resort courses around here have gotten smarter with rentals because they know people are flying sans clubs nowadays because of the fees. You should not be disappointed. This is of course under the Mouse's umbrella so anything less than magical is not accepted.

My green fee is $83 for twilight, I didn't think that was awful at all. I don't know if my rate is lower because I'm a resort guest or not though.

Re: Disney Vacation with a round at Disney's Magnolia thrown in

Puttin4Bird said:
My green fee is $83 for twilight, I didn't think that was awful at all. I don't know if my rate is lower because I'm a resort guest or not though.

Take lotsa pics! I would love to see a magical golf course

That's a good rate. High season runs at $125. On GolfNow they run at $99. They probably gave you a break for the time and being a resort guest.

Yeah not real sure Spank, try to see if you can make it and let me know. I'd love to meet and play a round with you! Heck let's get you and at least 1 more Orlando hacker then try to talk JB into making the drive to be our 4th!!

it is cheaper if you stay at a resort. Magnolia is a very nice course, i played it in december. i take my own clubs so i cant help you with the rentals. also, take some time and cruise the locker room and check out the names.... and the one that is see through.... Have fun, its really not a difficult course, and of course its Disney....tell Snowy i will see her in october...LOL

Yeah not real sure Spank, try to see if you can make it and let me know. I'd love to meet and play a round with you! Heck let's get you and at least 1 more Orlando hacker then try to talk JB into making the drive to be our 4th!!

You know Biggsy frequents up here so if you want to see a driving display.

Unfortunately not going to happen guys. that is about a 3 hour drive for me and its a course I have played a lot. Plus GG is going out of town and someone has to watch our baby.

thats right jb you tell 'em... if your gonna go through all the trouble and get a sitter to play golf its gonna be at a REAL course... The Claw!! hahahaha

thats right jb you tell 'em... if your gonna go through all the trouble and get a sitter to play golf its gonna be at a REAL course... The Claw!! hahahaha

Nothing wrong with magnolia. Its a fine course. But its a far drive and I have other obligations. The claw is also about 2 hours away and is awful.

i know... i was making fun... my brother took me there in december, we got standed in tampa due to snowmaggedon... so while we were waiting to get home, he took me to that course... after playing the well groomed disney courses....man, i thought i was gonna get eaten by a giant alligator or a snake or something....LOL

Nothing wrong with magnolia. Its a fine course. But its a far drive and I have other obligations. The claw is also about 2 hours away and is awful.

No biggie, boss. I was hoping to get over to your area and play your course with you but it's just not going to be able to happen for me either, it's hard enough sneaking away for 4 hours or so for a round right there. Guess I'll just have to come to the fall THP outing no matter what!

who you telling PUTTIN.......i had to spring for the princess tea party deal at the floridian( $250), plus some time at neverland and some spa time for the wife... i think that round of golf cost me close to $500.... but worth every penny just to have 5 hours of non mouse time.....

:laughing:

Man is that true or what?! We're having breakfast with the princesses first thing we do Sunday morning after arriving late Sat night, damn near $200 for BREAKFAST!!! That place has quite the racquet I'll tell you what. We've been promising Disney since my youngest was still crawling so now that she's finally over 48" it's go time I guess. The kids are bouncing off the walls in anticipation of this trip.

What parks are you hitting up? I can give you some pointers on those.

the castle or in epcot... Listen all i gotta tell you that exactly 1min 39 seconds after you walk in the gates you ain't gonna care one whit about what you spent... My daughters first trip i thought she was gonna crap herself when she saw piglet...LOL.. and when she saw the princess.. she was in complete awe... so your covered... as a matter of fact the first night we were there she lost her voice on its a small world by saying "look at that, and look at that , and look at that" over and over again...

Well we're hitting up Magic Kingdom first on Sunday, we're having the most expensive breakfast in the world in Cinderella's castle then wreaking havoc around Magic Kingdom. I can't remember the schedule off the top of my head by we're hitting all of the parks then probably going back to Magic Kingdom on the day that we'll get extended hours, probably the same for Animal Kingdom. We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside so we have 1 for sure day that we're just going chill out and hang around there. Any tips or tricks of the trade would certainly be appreciated Spank!!!

the castle or in epcot... Listen all i gotta tell you that exactly 1min 39 seconds after you walk in the gates you ain't gonna care one whit about what you spent... My daughters first trip i thought she was gonna crap herself when she saw piglet...LOL.. and when she saw the princess.. she was in complete awe... so your covered... as a matter of fact the first night we were there she lost her voice on its a small world by saying "look at that, and look at that , and look at that" over and over again...

In the castle birds.

well i can tell you that if you go to the park that has the extra magic hours, it will be more crowded.. but in may that shouldn't be a problem. and as a matter of fact i stayed in the alligator bayou in dec.. lol.. nice place riverside.. one tip for that resort is catch the music man in the bar... i know, i know, itsa bar...kids..bar... well its also a restaruant, so you can chill out there. but the piano guy is awesome... singing and playing the piano and getting the crowd involved.. it was one of my favorite parts of staying there, also if you can... try and catch a carriage ride around 8 something... the guy will stop somewhere so you can catch the fireworks display... trust me you won't be in the park all day anyway... late at night the kids will be exhausted..
oh and in the castle... if you wanna be a cool dad... and if your kids have seen cinderella amillion times... look high up on the wall and point out jacque and gus gus.. (the mice)

No car, we're looking forward to no vehicle, no cell phone (ok a little tiny bit of blackberry use, but I won't be too bad), no worries, just hunker down for the week and take it all in. No on the park hopper though.

Back