Do looks matter? Would you play ugly clubs?

Which ugly clubs could you play?

• Driver

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Fairways

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Hybrids

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Irons

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Wedges

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Putter

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • No ugly clubs!

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Can you play clubs that don’t suit you eye? Are there certain clubs where looks matter more than others?

Nope. It's got to be nice to look at, even if it did produce a 350 yard drive.

No ugly clubs. How the clubs look in the bag matters. Aesthetics matter.

I voted no ugly clubs, but my go-to putter isn't exactly what I consider a beauty. I want a prettier one, but they never quite outplay it.

I just checked all! I’m really not sure what constitutes an ugly club for me driver to wedge. I recently had a club champion fitting and hit a bunch of different shapes and looking clubs. Didn’t really find any of them off putting. Putters on the other hand... I love the look of the traditionally Scotty Cameron Newport blade, but I’m also not a good golfer, so I putt with an Odyssey Triple Track Ten. I think it’s ugly, but I need all the help I can get!

I just checked all! I’m really not sure what constitutes an ugly club for me driver to wedge. I recently had a club champion fitting and hit a bunch of different shapes and looking clubs. Didn’t really find any of them off putting. Putters on the other hand... I love the look of the traditionally Scotty Cameron Newport blade, but I’m also not a good golfer, so I putt with an Odyssey Triple Track Ten. I think it’s ugly, but I need all the help I can get!
chrome_screenshot_1610812392885.png

For a year, I’m going to play an (in my eye) ugly putter just to do it. I’m not a mallet guy, but I’m going to be for a year.

Beyond that, I see no reason to settle for something you don’t like to look down at, and in this market there is no reason to with so many great options out there.

I probably should but looking at a big chunk of metal behind the ball makes me sad

I play for fun. So clubs better look good.

I have to like the look of the club to use. The first test is the eye test for me.

I roll this often. I have no shame.E880A67A-497B-44A6-B269-3528353D31B8.jpeg

Putter and driver for me. I can't force myself to like irons that don't strike my eye. Offset is the biggest offender for me on bad looks. I can look at a lot of things, but I just don't like offset.

Yes. Because they were ugly and looks matter.
So are there no more ugly woods and irons in today’s offerings? I admittedly have not done much testing over the last decade until recently.

With the quality and variety of clubs made today, there's no reason to settle for something that doesn't suit your eye.

The uglier the better for me. Nothing is more satisfying than beating someone with ugly clubs and a Top Flite golf ball.

With all the clubs out there, I couldn't play an ugly one.

I have played ugly clubs but prefer not to do so, and presently do not.

Yes.

I have no ossue playing ugly clubs if they perform.

Is this classed as ugly? If the answer is yes, I suppose I have to say, yes I would.
AE044253-D03E-45D2-925A-C85F3D358458.jpeg

I mean heck no...my clubs need to look purdy!!!
Wait I am did game that first Cure putter before.
E961EC9D-09BF-4D7B-847C-D878B31F5CBB.jpeg

There are so many great clubs out there, I don’t think you have to play clubs that you find ugly.

I definitely don’t. I like the look of every club in my bag.

I’m actually drawn to clubs that a lot of people consider ugly. I like stuff that’s outside the norm, and a lot of that time that stuff gets tagged with the “ugly” label.

Back