Votes: 13 12.6%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious to hear some thoughts.

I do, I think it makes golf unique and adds to the pressure.

Yes. It makes the second round so interesting and so compelling.

I like it! Makes it fun for sure

I actually think that while very a small percentage change in odds, cuts actually give less people chances to win, so maybe aren't the best thing.

I always kind of liked that about professional golf. No guaranteed paycheck when one teed it up.

I mean…. don’t you think Rorie would like one right now…?

Yes, speeds up play on weekend.

Hard no. It's not like guys that barely make the cut are any more competitive on the last day than the ones that just missed it would be. It just creates a smaller field, which has benefits, but so does players people want to see actually playing on the weekend. I give zero about it. It's not actually about competition.

Yes I Do GIF by The Dungeon Run

kind of. I think it is important in the bigger tournaments.

I selected sometimes because I do for the majors. Friday cut day makes it interesting. But I watch the majors differently than I watch LIV for example.

Yes, I believe it makes it more pressure on them to perform over and above. If there were no cuts, we possibly would see more players based on Popularity than scoring

Adds excitement and pressure to the players in the middle of the field, but I’m not going to say it’s not golf without.

I think cuts are important. I do think that golfers should get a few thousand for a missed cut though. They are part of the entertainment that bring people to the course. Enough to break even for a missed cut but not make a living.

Cuts are not needed. Make the fields smaller/better...more limited events is more interesting to me.

Yes. Most events should have cuts..

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Cuts are fine but if a pro and their caddie travel across the country and play for two full days at a money generating event they should obviously be compensated for that.

I think cuts are important. I do think that golfers should get a few thousand for a missed cut though. They are part of the entertainment that bring people to the course. Enough to break even for a missed cut but not make a living.
Any player who has earned a current Tour card is making a minimum of $2 million annual from endorsement contracts.

Cuts are fine but if a pro and their caddie travel across the country and play for two full days at a money generating event they should obviously be compensated for that.
The compensation for missed cuts comes from endorsement contracts.

Any player who has earned a current Tour card is making a minimum of $2 million annual from endorsement contracts.
Really? That’s well north of what I would have guessed.

Back